Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign C Nick Bonino (1 year, $800K)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
On the negative side:

-Our crusade to build history's slowest hockey team marches forth.

-We're really loading up on bottom sixers WHICH WASN'T THE f***ING PROBLEM!!!!

On the positive side:

-The players we're grabbing are good. Bonino is a great 4th liner and has won Cups. He's everything they liked about Goodrow at a fraction of the price.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
When all you can afford is to shop at either dollar tree or dollar general, you go to both store and find the cheapest options. Good day so far.
Ever notice dollar trees and dollar generals parking lots are always high end cars?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
But you like the Wheeler signing for some reason.
I've accepted that the core of our team is slow. I would have liked to add speed but there's a premium on it now.

It's ok to be slow of you play a style that slows down the game. If we had the same coach, I'd be more concerned. Gallant shows for two years that he somehow wanted to play with pace with this group.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah as happy as I am so far we are most certainly not getting any faster.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I've accepted that the core of our team is slow. I would have liked to add speed but there's a premium on it now.

It's ok to be slow of you play a style that slows down the game. If we had the same coach, I'd be more concerned. Gallant shows for two years that he somehow wanted to play with pace with this group.
We will see but I can’t see this working. Not in this division. I like this team’s chances against Tampa but getting past the Debbie’s and Canes with these plodders is going to be really rough.

Reactions: RagFinMet

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Time starting to remind me of the team from 1998-2004. Old and slow.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We will see but I can’t see this working. Not in this division. I like this team’s chances against Tampa but getting past the Debbie’s and Canes with these plodders is going to be really rough.
Carolina showed that the Devils are easily forced into a rugby match. Hell, they weren't that fast against us either. We lost to them because our offense is completely inept.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad