Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Blake Wheeler [1Y/800K]

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Was watching The Hockey Guy before and made a video about a player for each team being off to a slow start and Wheeler was there for the Rangers.

How has he been so far ? Does he get any powerplay time on the 2nd unit ? It's early and he still probably needs time to adjust. I'm still suprised he signed for this little , it jas potential to be one of the better contracts given out this summer if he can score at a half a point per game pace.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Was watching The Hockey Guy before and made a video about a player for each team being off to a slow start and Wheeler was there for the Rangers.

How has he been so far ? Does he get any powerplay time on the 2nd unit ? It's early and he still probably needs time to adjust. I'm still suprised he signed for this little , it jas potential to be one of the better contracts given out this summer if he can score at a half a point per game pace.

He's been far and away our worst player. If he keeps playing at this level, he'll lose his spot on the 4th line, and likely will end up getting moved in some meaningless trade before Christmas.

But yeah, it's early, and he deserves the benefit of the doubt for a bit to see if he can figure out how to be a positive contributor here. I don't know if he expected to just walk into the lineup and get PP1 time and top6 minutes, and now he's sulking about being a 4th liner here; but he has been flat out awful.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
He's been far and away our worst player. If he keeps playing at this level, he'll lose his spot on the 4th line, and likely will end up getting moved in some meaningless trade before Christmas.

But yeah, it's early, and he deserves the benefit of the doubt for a bit to see if he can figure out how to be a positive contributor here. I don't know if he expected to just walk into the lineup and get PP1 time and top6 minutes, and now he's sulking about being a 4th liner here; but he has been flat out awful.
He's on the third line

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Right now, Wheeler is actually playing the way I say Laf plays. Ghostly. Slower than sludge. Looks like he’s ice skating for the first time ever most nights which is the weirdest. His stance and movements are tremendously awkward. I’d like him to get going a bit and be able to contribute, but so far he looks about as finished at this level as any star player I’ve ever seen.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
It’s partially that his skating looks so goofy. He looks like he’s standing in 24 inches of water whenever he starts moving.
I’d say the skating thing is really what bothers me. He just looks so damn slow and I don’t ever remember it being that bad. Maybe I was only watching highlights and focusing on our players in the past?
Overall I agree the skating looks clunky

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Drury got sold on brand names without looking at the fine print. "Wheeler," so he must got wheels. "Quick," so he must be fast in goal.

Now I’m picturing Emily interview Chris:

Chris, a lot of people said team speed was an issue last year. How do you feel you’ve addressed that coming into this season?

Yeah, we added Quickie and Wheels so, ya know, I think that’s a positive step in that direction.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
He’s been awful, been saying it since game 3. I havent seen anything that people said about his game since he got here. He REALLY came for the country club I guess.

Thank god it’s just a one year deal for peanuts so i’m not really that upset.

Reactions: LokiDog

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
He’s been awful, been saying it since game 3. I havent seen anything that people said about his game since he got here. He REALLY came for the country club I guess.

Thank god it’s just a one year deal for peanuts so i’m not really that upset.
Well, GENESISPuck is mad as hell because he is blocking Othmann from a spot that is rightfully his since birth.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Well, GENESISPuck is mad as hell because he is blocking Othmann from a spot that is rightfully his since birth.

Greta Otthman?
IMG_6338.png

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
His lines advanced metrics are up there among the best in the nhl so it not as bad as it looks.

But yeah I’d like to see him get going
Exactly, if he had 2 or 3 goals and 5 points we would be saying what a steal of a signing he is. Preception is everything and at the end of the day, great metrics don't mean shit if there aren't any goals and points in the stat column next to your name.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
His lines advanced metrics are up there among the best in the nhl so it not as bad as it looks.

Exactly, if he had 2 or 3 goals and 5 points we would be saying what a steal of a signing he is. Preception is everything and at the end of the day, great metrics don't mean shit if there aren't any goals and points in the stat column next to your name.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

The metrics on that line look good because Trocheck (and to a lesser extent Cuylle) is carrying it.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

It is strange. Either those metrics are accurate or they are not. Our current coach knows what he is doing. If Blake does not work out Lav will make a change. Now if Blake starts putting some pucks in the net he will probably get us a decent draft pick at the trading deadline. His contract is small enough that somebody will bite in it.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah. It's five games so I'm willing to hold off judgement. Plus its 800K cap, and he can easily be sat/sent down/traded if need be.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad