Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Blake Wheeler [1Y/800K]

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't like this one bit from personality standpoint, but for that price? I guess you can't say no.

It's kinda like with Kane. I didn't mind the trade because the price was alright. But is it the right fit? I guess we'll find out.

Reactions: glr1926

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
i don’t know what you guys want. they got a player that’s still very effective for borderline no money. they don’t have the cap to do anything else
I want young players with wheels and tenacity yo address the lack of those things in the top six. I’d rather pay young, hungry guy to get dirty and drive the other team nuts than a way past his prime former star to be bad at being a scorer.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I want young players with wheels and tenacity yo address the lack of those things in the top six. I’d rather pay young, hungry guy to get dirty and drive the other team nuts than a way past his prime former star to be bad at being a scorer.
they don’t have assets or cap to do that. would you rather they did nothing?

you’re also reeaaaallly underrating Wheeler

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
What were you expecting? Us to move Goodrow and sign Tarasenko? News flash that ain’t happening unless we give up a 2nd plus.

Is there a better RW to be had for under 1mm? Come on
I don’t want Tarasenko back either. We need speedy players that will mix it up and crash the net. I want to use this limited cap space on young players with something to prove.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Saw the announcement.
Thought "Ugh!"
Then joked to myself "It better be at league minimum." knowing it's the Rangers and that they probably gave him 3 years at $3m.
Refreshed for this thread. Pleasantly surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad