Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Blake Wheeler [1Y/800K]

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Not a great solution if Chytil is out long term but could Wheeler be the stop gap solution at 3c? He filled in at center for the jets before and with speedy defensively responsible wingers, probably wouldn’t be too out of place. Old article but wasn’t bad at the time From sportsnet

Could then split up Zib and Kreider and try something like:

Panarin-Trocheck-Laf
Cuylle-Zibanejad-Kakko
Kreider-Wheeler-Vesey
Goodrow-Bonino-Pitlick

The Panarin line is the only line generating chances consistently at 5-5, so seems worthwhile to try something else

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Not a great solution if Chytil is out long term but could Wheeler be the stop gap solution at 3c? He filled in at center for the jets before and with speedy defensively responsible wingers, probably wouldn’t be too out of place. Old article but wasn’t bad at the time From sportsnet

Could then split up Zib and Kreider and try something like:

Panarin-Trocheck-Laf
Cuylle-Zibanejad-Kakko
Kreider-Wheeler-Vesey
Goodrow-Bonino-Pitlick

The Panarin line is the only line generating chances consistently at 5-5, so seems worthwhile to try something else
Wheeler is just as slow as Bonino. Without commenting on the rest of the proposal I’d probably first give that 3C spot to Goodrow.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I don't know what the stats are but since Blake is only playing 12 minutes a game I think he must be doing okay in points per minute on this team.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5231.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad