Rangers Season Tickets Holders

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
One would have to assume they’ll eventually stop supporting that app, so try to remember to switch once the MSG app seems buggy.
I have Knicks tickets too. I can do everything for both plans in that app. It'd really suck if I had to start using 2 separate apps.

Reactions: Kane One

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Anyone understand why the team has just put out YET ANOTHER app for STHs ? This makes three now I believe…
IIRC: There was a standalone Rangers app for a while. Then the NHL basically took over and there was an NHL app that you could kinda link your msg STH account to. At this point, if you had the old Rangers app, all it would do is just open the NHL app. Then they came out with the MSG app which was more straightforward than navigating within the NHL app. This season they brought back the Rangers app. So I suppose they are now trying to make it so if your only affiliation with MSG events is being a NYR STH, you use the Rangers app. Unsure if they will stop supporting the MSG app.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Yeah my bad. It was the same old app. Why they would announce it at game 41 is mind boggling.

And yeah - I can’t find my “membership” ID either.

In the msg app? Click on tickets then your rangers mobile membership. It's the same place where you access your membership discount. You can also access your garden moments.

Reactions: WhereO Is Kakko

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
In the msg app? Click on tickets then your rangers mobile membership. It's the same place where you access your membership discount. You can also access your garden moments.
Took about three more clicks than necessary but I found it. Thx!

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Just looking at old emails, got renewal email last season on February 21st, so we should be getting something soon here for playoffs and next season.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Anyone get there playoff invoice yet. Are they predicting the Rangers to go on a run of losing games and miss the playoffs or something. Season ends in about a month and nothing yet on tickets.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
So are we ever getting any ticket information?
For playoffs? My source tells me a week from tomorrow (3/20). My buddy chatted with his rep. He was pleased that this date falls very favorably in way of his credit card billing cycle.

I had heard this week for playoff stuff in one of the ticket groups on Facebook. Regardless, all seems very late considering past seasons. Just about 6 weeks out from game 1 and crickets.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Did anyone see the Sabres story on the main board about people that are constant resellers needing to buy a 5,000 reseller license from the state of NY?

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Did anyone see the Sabres story on the main board about people that are constant resellers needing to buy a 5,000 reseller license from the state of NY?
Didn't see the main board post, but the context of this was that they're basically trying to get rid of out of state buyers who never attend games. Less than 1% of STH were contacted about this per Buffalo & you had to meet two conditions which were living like 70+ miles away AND only attending like 5 games or something. It's not surprising. The Rangers already restrict based on zip code and I've been thinking for years they could also start restricting based on games attended.

Reactions: 17futurecap

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Didn't see the main board post, but the context of this was that they're basically trying to get rid of out of state buyers who never attend games. Less than 1% of STH were contacted about this per Buffalo & you had to meet two conditions which were living like 70+ miles away AND only attending like 5 games or something. It's not surprising. The Rangers already restrict based on zip code and I've been thinking for years they could also start restricting based on games attended.
The Mets have classed their plan / season tickets holders based on various metrics. If you spend more, have a bigger plan, attend more (in lieu of selling), you get "upgraded" and are eligible for more stuff / perks...

The internet and the data being collected by various resale sites has ensured that teams make the most out of their product. They can make money of their tickets. They don't want others making money on their tickets, and price accordingly.

If you think that electronic ticketing being adopted by pretty much every local was to save people from COVID-19, I have a bridge to sell you...

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
The Mets have classed their plan / season tickets holders based on various metrics. If you spend more, have a bigger plan, attend more (in lieu of selling), you get "upgraded" and are eligible for more stuff / perks...

The internet and the data being collected by various resale sites has ensured that teams make the most out of their product. They can make money of their tickets. They don't want others making money on their tickets, and price accordingly.

If you think that electronic ticketing being adopted by pretty much every local was to save people from COVID-19, I have a bridge to sell you...
Agreed, it's one of the reasons I tried to stop selling tickets entirely on third party sites (although I'm curious how much stock they'd put into transfers). Most of the time now I'm either giving as gifts to family or selling on Facebook / to friends of friends.

Makes everything simpler as well, no tax reporting, no fees, etc.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Agreed, it's one of the reasons I tried to stop selling tickets entirely on third party sites (although I'm curious how much stock they'd put into transfers). Most of the time now I'm either giving as gifts to family or selling on Facebook / to friends of friends.

Makes everything simpler as well, no tax reporting, no fees, etc.
What about businesses that give them to different people every game?

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
What about businesses that give them to different people every game?
Yea, exactly. That's why I don't see them restricting anything based on just transfers. I know a lot of people split tickets as well, but they have to be in one name. Like I have two seats for my wife and I, but she'll sometimes go to a game by herself and I have to transfer them to her so she can get in even though she's in theory a part owner of the plan. It would just be too many assumptions and unless they wanted to basically get rid of every STH, can't imagine they would do.

Sales on the other hand, I can see. But again, how wise would that be? They'd be giving up a surefire ARR. Would they really want to do that? Presents huge risk if/when the Rangers start sucking. Even just a few years back both the Knicks and Rangers were not selling out every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad