Rangers Season Tickets Holders

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Call your rep, you can usually buy tickets directly through them without fees. Just have open the Ticketmaster seating chart to let them know what seats you are interested in.
Does this apply to all MSG properties?! Thought it was only NYR and maybe Knicks?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Does this apply to all MSG properties?! Thought it was only NYR and maybe Knicks?

I have only done it for Rangers and Knicks, but was worth a shot to call them. I’m guessing it wouldn’t work for something that’s going to sell out in two minutes, but maybe they would allow it if the concert had tickets on sale now for a bit.

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
Anyone else having some issues with their tix? I have all 3 PS games and the 4/15 game vs. OTT that’s not on the white plan list. Curious to know if I’m the only one with these glitches.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I have only done it for Rangers and Knicks, but was worth a shot to call them. I’m guessing it wouldn’t work for something that’s going to sell out in two minutes, but maybe they would allow it if the concert had tickets on sale now for a bit.
You can also get tickets without fees at MSG, Radio City or Beacon at any of the box offices.

Reactions: 17futurecap

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
So asking my rep for Beacon Theatre tickets did work. I’m just not going to take them on the offer as they only offer specific seats without fees that end up being more expensive than worse seats with fees.

Reactions: 17futurecap

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
So asking my rep for Beacon Theatre tickets did work. I’m just not going to take them on the offer as they only offer specific seats without fees that end up being more expensive than worse seats with fees.
Can you elaborate on what he could / couldn't get you? I have them be limited by event, not by seats.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Does anyone else have a Chase presale code? The one posted above no longer works. I just need it to look at prices. DM me if it's easier.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
I forget from last year but if we sell on ticketexchange we don't get paid until the game is played correct? So if this is the case then a game sold in 2023 but played in 2024 the profit would fall under the 2024 tax year vs 2023. I went to my account activity and last years stuff is gone.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I forget from last year but if we sell on ticketexchange we don't get paid until the game is played correct? So if this is the case then a game sold in 2023 but played in 2024 the profit would fall under the 2024 tax year vs 2023. I went to my account activity and last years stuff is gone.

Yeah, that’s correct. I believe it’s based on payment date.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

I believe they changed this last year so now you get paid out upon sale, rather than game date. I believe game date payouts are still the case with Stubhub.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Hmm really?

This is ticketexchange via TM, right? If so, I sold a ton of tickets last year on there and they were all paid out within days after I made the sale (I had no tax reporting for 2023 actually since I sold everything in 2022).

On another note, are anyone else's tickets in the app no longer allowing them to add to their wallet and now showing a countdown until the ticket will be "ready"?

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
This is ticketexchange via TM, right? If so, I sold a ton of tickets last year on there and they were all paid out within days after I made the sale (I had no tax reporting for 2023 actually since I sold everything in 2022).

On another note, are anyone else's tickets in the app no longer allowing them to add to their wallet and now showing a countdown until the ticket will be "ready"?
Yes through the ticketexchange sale process when you log into your msg account and post for sale

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012

Mine have the countdown.

Reactions: Jaromir Jagr

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Yes through the ticketexchange sale process when you log into your msg account and post for sale

I sold almost all my tickets through there last season and was paid out almost immediately. This was a change from the prior year when you had to wait until after the game was played to be paid out.

I'm trying to sell everything P2P this year so haven't tested it since last season so perhaps they changed it back.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
I sold almost all my tickets through there last season and was paid out almost immediately. This was a change from the prior year when you had to wait until after the game was played to be paid out.

I'm trying to sell everything P2P this year so haven't tested it since last season so perhaps they changed it back.
i've been trying to do the same to avoid the stupid tax nonsense

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
Are you in the season ticket exchange group on facebook? I posted 11 games from the first half up on there sunday night and within a day 5 were gone.
Thank you for suggesting it but I don't use facebook. I have people who take games every year so I usually have no issues unloading them.

Reactions: Jaromir Jagr

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Happy near-hockey-camp time all. Thx to all the “tier” posters for the coming season - great info.

Which leads me to a question - anyone else find it a little odd that the Avs are still considered tier 2? Cup winner 2022, playoffs last season, and some decent off-season moves this summer.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Happy near-hockey-camp time all. Thx to all the “tier” posters for the coming season - great info.

Which leads me to a question - anyone else find it a little odd that the Avs are still considered tier 2? Cup winner 2022, playoffs last season, and some decent off-season moves this summer.
The NHL is not a stars league like the NBA is so the team in general doesn't matter except for rivals and maybe O6. What will matter is weekend vs weekday and holidays (tourists). A monday game in Feb against the Avs isn't going to get many casual fans excited.

The tier 5 games are:
Boston the saturday after thanksgiving
Oilers the friday before xmas
Caps the wednesday between xmas and NYE
Caps the sunday before mlk day
Isles sunday on st pattys day
Isles last home saturday of season

The last one is a bit puzzling.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
The NHL is not a stars league like the NBA is so the team in general doesn't matter except for rivals and maybe O6. What will matter is weekend vs weekday and holidays (tourists). A monday game in Feb against the Avs isn't going to get many casual fans excited.

The tier 5 games are:
Boston the saturday after thanksgiving
Oilers the friday before xmas
Caps the wednesday between xmas and NYE
Caps the sunday before mlk day
Isles sunday on st pattys day
Isles last home saturday of season

The last one is a bit puzzling.
Good points. Funny how the Caps are still considered a big rival (bigger than Pittsburgh, eg). The two infamous 2021 Rangers-Caps games can’t leave our memories soon enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad