Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
It's going to be more of the same, much much more of the same. The Knicks relo round only confirmed that. They are in complete full season destruction mode. There was nothing available with any sort of value anywhere, only first row gallery seats. If you switched to the half plan view, there was tons of inventory in all sections except 400's, with markups up to 80% over the full season price.

Full season ticket holders are no longer wanted by MSG in affordable locations. They want you in partial plans only at a heavy markup
What about in sections in the lower bowl and row ones? Don't they prefer having fulls there for the ticket sale security since they aren't super desired locations?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Is that going to work for the Knicks? They are likely to be without Porzingis this season and are rebuilding. I know they don't want to lock people in for future seasons when they can just renew, but they're going to have a hard time selling those tickets to people at the half or mini plan level. Singles too.

The Rangers are more likely to sell out games, but as we saw last year, there were tons of empty seats in the 200s corners that were not picked up.

Dolan makes it up with the concerts and special events the Garden holds, so my guess is that he doesn't really care if they aren't filled in.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Is that going to work for the Knicks? They are likely to be without Porzingis this season and are rebuilding. I know they don't want to lock people in for future seasons when they can just renew, but they're going to have a hard time selling those tickets to people at the half or mini plan level. Singles too.

The Rangers are more likely to sell out games, but as we saw last year, there were tons of empty seats in the 200s corners that were not picked up.

Dolan makes it up with the concerts and special events the Garden holds, so my guess is that he doesn't really care if they aren't filled in.

That’s the thing, they don’t care. If you looked at a Knicks Ticketmaster map for some of the dead games, there were thousands of unsold seats in the days leading up. They must have done the math and figured out that even with the unsold seats, theyre still making more with the current business model.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
That’s the thing, they don’t care. If you looked at a Knicks Ticketmaster map for some of the dead games, there were thousands of unsold seats in the days leading up. They must have done the math and figured out that even with the unsold seats, theyre still making more with the current business model.
ain't that the truth. This is vs the Cleveland Cavaliers about 3 days before the game at MSG last season:
B21dTZq.jpg

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
You think row 1’s in a center ice section for Rangers is worth it if available?
Like Gecko said, ONLY if you will go to most games and are willing to swallow the high price. Re-sell you will always take a big hit on games missed, except maybe a handful of the premium games. NEVER buy a full season in an expensive section or row with the hopes of mixing going to games and making your money back in full on games you miss.

I think the general consensus is only go for it if you can afford such a price and realize you will likely take a hit every season.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
worth it how? If you're going to most games and that's the price you pay for great seats then yes. If you're selling most games and want your money back, there's no way after all the seller fees

Yea that’s what I was really wondering if you think row 1 in center section would sell..what’s the face on row 1 for center do you know?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Yea that’s what I was really wondering if you think row 1 in center section would sell..what’s the face on row 1 for center do you know?

Gotta be in the $150-$160 range. Give or take a few bucks either direction. Regardless, you're going to get beat up on resale. It's not worth it.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I think it's high 150s low 160s. If you can make most games and are willing to pay the price that's one thing (I would argue that the view is kind of obstructed by the security barriers), but you will get absolutely killed on re-sells. I would not do it if I were you.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
I think the worst part of gallery centers is that they span 5 sections on each side, whereas rows 3+ “Centers” only span 3 sections each side. So row 1 in sections 209, 213, 222, and 226 may be the worst value in the arena, or at least the upper bowl.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
You think row 1’s in a center ice section for Rangers is worth it if available?
I assume you mean upper bowl? Only if 1) you are planning to go to most games or 2) you have a group of people already lined up to take games from you. As others have said, on the exchange or stubhub, you will take a beating.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I was at MSG a few weeks ago, and I honestly found the security barrier in front of the row one gallery to be quite annoying and interfering with my seat view. I don't even think it's a good seat to begin with, yet alone combined with its expensive price and terrible re-sell value.

ray hey

Mar 8, 2008
If I anyone is interested I have a friend with a pair of seats in section 223 row 15 (Great center ice location facing both benches, on the price break row, seats 17-18 on side of section closer to center 224). He is looking for a partner for half the season. That means you get 20 regular season and 2 pre-season games. Tickets will be split in fairest way possible working into account both your schedules and the opponents. Cost will be $4,300 (or average close to $195 per pair, per game). MSG has half plans at $4,928 or $224 per pair in that price point, with no shot of getting row 15. Let me know and I will hook you up with him

Last edited:

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
some of you guys are going to take such a beating in re-sales it will be a bloodbath...with this roster, the next few years are going to be brutal for re-sales.

ray hey

Mar 8, 2008
whatever on resale. I am so addicted to the Rangers & hockey in general that I really can't worry about that. What a game last night. Nothing like the NHL playoffs

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
some of you guys are going to take such a beating in re-sales it will be a bloodbath...with this roster, the next few years are going to be brutal for re-sales.
You're not wrong, but fans should never buy tickets in hopes of re-selling a lot of them for close to face or above face value. That's already a losing proposition.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Let's see what Quinn can do, I think the Rangers will make the playoffs next year

Next year as in this coming season...or the year after that? I think we will miss in '18-'19 but be back in the playoffs in '19-'20. Hopefully we can have one more strong draft next June with a top 10 (preferably 5) pick to really put us in a good position going forward. I also see us being in the UFA market next summer as well.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Next year as in this coming season...or the year after that? I think we will miss in '18-'19 but be back in the playoffs in '19-'20. Hopefully we can have one more strong draft next June with a top 10 (preferably 5) pick to really put us in a good position going forward. I also see us being in the UFA market next summer as well.
It's going to completely depend on how we develop the young players and our drafting. If we fail in both regards, we might miss the playoffs for more than two seasons in a row.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Imo the nhl is almost on par with the Nfl in terms of parity and making the postseason. With the wonky point system and injuries and the sheer randomness of the game, it’s pretty easy to go from bad to good in a year or two, or vice versa.

Vegas is an obvious example, but if you look at Ottawa, who was one goal away from a finals appearance in 2017, now they’re a tire fire. The Devils got in after being irrelevant for the past few years, etc etc. Baseball and basketball are pretty top-heavy, but hockey and football are pretty unexpected, which is great news for all the teams and fans.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Imo the nhl is almost on par with the Nfl in terms of parity and making the postseason. With the wonky point system and injuries and the sheer randomness of the game, it’s pretty easy to go from bad to good in a year or two, or vice versa.

Vegas is an obvious example, but if you look at Ottawa, who was one goal away from a finals appearance in 2017, now they’re a tire fire. The Devils got in after being irrelevant for the past few years, etc etc. Baseball and basketball are pretty top-heavy, but hockey and football are pretty unexpected, which is great news for all the teams and fans.
There is certainly parity (I'd argue the 2nd most of any of the major four leagues), but there is still usually always the usual suspects occupying or competing for playoff spots. IF everything pulls correctly for the Rangers, I think we're back in the playoffs for 19-20, but if we screw things up in the rebuild, it can be a few more seasons beyond that. More than anything, we desperately need to develop a young top six line and top four pair core again.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
You're not wrong, but fans should never buy tickets in hopes of re-selling a lot of them for close to face or above face value. That's already a losing proposition.
I have had tickets since 1998, and have never had a problem getting face value. Last year, thankfully I sold all the games I was going to sell before the season started. Depending on where you sit, hoping to sell a bunch for close to face, is not a losing proposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad