Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Guessing Rangers relocation will be end of May/first week of June, since new business with deposits is mid June.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Did you guys get the draft party invite? Got mine last night and I was able to RSVP for 4 tickets. They are gonna have Anderson, Chytil, Howden, Hajek, and Lindgren there. Plus the usual Alumni players also.
Jeez, I got a mets meet and greet same night with mookie, franco, etc same night . . .

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Oh crap...I’ll call on Monday..I know it used to say Stephen Graf and now it says boris

Are you guys looking at the "Contact Us" tab on nyrmembership.com? For me it looks like all of the reps (including Tyson and Nicole who have different roles) are in alphabetical order and it starts at Boris because he's first alphabetically.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Ok..so I was wrong. Boris isn’t my rep. They haven’t assigned one yet should be any day they are hiring someone new. Also relocations should start around June 5.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
The Knicks have already moved on to the add-a-seat round
Yup, my Knicks rep has been sending me emails about it (I've been out of the country) and called me this morning. I really don't plan to add any seats but will probably take a look to see what's available and if it's any different from relocation (which I missed).

BTW it seems my Knicks rep is now also my rangers rep. :huh:

Just to clarify, Boris shows up 1st on membership page but when I go to the contact us link on the ticketmaster site (for rangers and knicks), the rep is the same person (and is the one calling me and sending me emails about adding knick seats).

I don't think they updated the list of reps on the nyk/nyr membership pages.

Last edited:

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Yup, my Knicks rep has been sending me emails about it (I've been out of the country) and called me this morning. I really don't plan to add any seats but will probably take a look to see what's available and if it's any different from relocation (which I missed).

BTW it seems my Knicks rep is now also my rangers rep. :huh:

Just to clarify, Boris shows up 1st on membership page but when I go to the contact us link on the ticketmaster site (for rangers and knicks), the rep is the same person (and is the one calling me and sending me emails about adding knick seats).

I don't think they updated the list of reps on the nyk/nyr membership pages.
Pretty sure most of the reps do both the Rangers and Knicks? My rep who I met last week told me that he's my go to guy for all things MSG related.

My question is does seat addition (not relocation) occur simultaneously with new business with a deposit?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
They've done that before... when I had my Knicks tickets a long time ago, I had the same rep for both, then they separated the two...now they are consolidating them again.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Pretty sure most of the reps do both the Rangers and Knicks? My rep who I met last week told me that he's my go to guy for all things MSG related.
If you look at the NYK and NYR membership sites there is no overlap for the reps. But as I said, some of the people listed aren't with MSG anymore and my current rep isn't listed so I just don't think they updated the reps on those sites. My guess is they will move to one site with one set of reps. :dunno:

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
If you look at the NYK and NYR membership sites there is no overlap for the reps. But as I said, some of the people listed aren't with MSG anymore and my current rep isn't listed so I just don't think they updated the reps on those sites. My guess is they will move to one site with one set of reps. :dunno:
Don't have access to the membership sites yet. Guessing I get that after I select my seats next month?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I forgot that today was my day to add seats to my knicks account. Looks like seats are available in nearly every section (often just singles or row 1 galleries though) but apparently at new business pricing. I'm surprised there are decent bridge seats available (not center though). Maybe that's a bad sign for me.

Reactions: RangerSeth

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I forgot that today was my day to add seats to my knicks account. Looks like seats are available in nearly every section (often just singles or row 1 galleries though) but apparently at new business pricing. I'm surprised there are decent bridge seats available (not center though). Maybe that's a bad sign for me.
So just to confirm from a Knicks standpoint, they have fulls available in many sections, just they are mostly singles or row ones at the new business pricing? If so, I suspect we might see a similar inventory for the Rangers, especially in the midst of a rebuild.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I gave up my Knicks season tickets this year and today I got an email saying tomorrow at 1:00pm I can log on and buy season tickets again either full or half
I got a call from my rep asking if I wanted to add seats even though I didn’t ask to during renewals. They seem rather desperate.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I got a call from my rep asking if I wanted to add seats even though I didn’t ask to during renewals. They seem rather desperate.
I think it's the combination of the price and product. The Rangers haven't had this problem for awhile since they have consistently done well, but coming off a bad season in middle of a rebuild, I would not be surprised if they take a larger than normal hit over the next season or two. On the other hand, I might just be completely wrong. Lol

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
I think it's the combination of the price and product. The Rangers haven't had this problem for awhile since they have consistently done well, but coming off a bad season in middle of a rebuild, I would not be surprised if they take a larger than normal hit over the next season or two. On the other hand, I might just be completely wrong. Lol
We’ll know how bad it is when we go through upgrades..curious to see how many people didn’t renew

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
We’ll know how bad it is when we go through upgrades..curious to see how many people didn’t renew
I'm sure the renewal rate will be lower than normal, but that is kind of irrelevant. It's more so up to MSG if they want to make those seats fulls or continue to try and force half seasons in the most desirable location. There might be more fulls on the market, but it might just be more of the same, in the sense that there are more lower bowl and row ones fulls to choose from. Of course, I can be dead wrong as well. Lol

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I'm sure the renewal rate will be lower than normal, but that is kind of irrelevant. It's more so up to MSG if they want to make those seats fulls or continue to try and force half seasons in the most desirable location. There might be more fulls on the market, but it might just be more of the same, in the sense that there are more lower bowl and row ones fulls to choose from. Of course, I can be dead wrong as well. Lol
Since this is the first real down Rangers year in a long time, I’m guessing the rangers won’t change a lot from previous years. MSG doesn’t strike me as an organization that will get ahead of an issue, and instead will try and suck as much money out of us as possible.

They’ll keep prices the same for this year and won’t care about losing season ticket holders, and will keep the prices and strategies the same for new business. Fulls mostly in row 1s and lower bowl, more half’s in the uppers and 400s.

I’m happy to be wrong, but don’t think I will be.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Since this is the first real down Rangers year in a long time, I’m guessing the rangers won’t change a lot from previous years. MSG doesn’t strike me as an organization that will get ahead of an issue, and instead will try and suck as much money out of us as possible.

They’ll keep prices the same for this year and won’t care about losing season ticket holders, and will keep the prices and strategies the same for new business. Fulls mostly in row 1s and lower bowl, more half’s in the uppers and 400s.

I’m happy to be wrong, but don’t think I will be.
I don't think you will be wrong either. There might be a bit more selection in terms of lower bowl and row one fulls, but aside from that, I absolutely agree with you. However, if next season is a bomb as well, expect things to slowly start sliding towards the Knicks spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad