Pre-Game Talk: Here We Go Again | Leafs @ Bruins Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
The point was, there absolutely should have been a penalty, hell, there could have been two penalties, one for holding the stick, one for the hit from behind.

If the teams were switched, and a Leaf player had been tossed head first into the boards without a call, this place would be outraged and in hysterics about a conspiracy.

My point is, it's all bullshit. It's all an excuse. And this fanbase and this market is way better than the lunatic fringe that want to pretend the league is "out to get the Leafs" and that the head office "doesn't want Toronto to win."

Whatever happens tomorrow will have nothing to do with the referees, the league or any conspiracy theories.
While I agree with what you're saying, the facts of the matter are that for the past 7 or 8 years the Leafs have been in the bottom five in power play minutes. Maybe it's not a conspiracy - could be the way they play - but it's worth addressing.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
What I saw in Gm 6 was the best version of the Leafs in the playoffs ever(post 2016). It was a working mans unit where everyone did their part. They dont look fun to play against and you cant make a mistake or they strike and quite physical too. That physcial game may be taking a toll on the Bruins and cause mistakes. The weird thing is, Mathews didnt play.If Im Keefe Im very tempted to stay with what worked. Dont forget, this game could be Keefe`s career.

Reactions: banks

Farsailor

Aug 4, 2018
What I saw in Gm 6 was the best version of the Leafs in the playoffs ever(post 2016). It was a working mans unit where everyone did their part. They dont look fun to play against and you cant make a mistake or they strike and quite physical too. That physcial game may be taking a toll on the Bruins and cause mistakes. The weird thing is, Mathews didnt play.If Im Keefe Im very tempted to stay with what worked. Dont forget, this game could be Keefe`s career.
We also had exceptional goaltending and some bounces go our way, no guarantee of that again tonight.. might need 3-4 goals.

Reactions: theTTC

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
This game will be the easiest game of the series for our beloved Leafs.
I predict a victory 5-2. Robertson will score, Holmberg will score, a dman will score.
Time to turn on the skating , time to destroy the Bruins myth and ignore their attempts of physicality. We proved we can out hit them, time to skate while they try to catch us.

• Wow
Reactions: banks and SprDaVE

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

It's nice to get saves consistently and not have a roll of the dice if you'll be scored on a simple wrister.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I fully expect Maroon and Marchand and whoever else on the Bruins who can to goon it up tonight. Expect Woll to be run into several times. Bruins must be made to pay the price.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I fully expect Maroon and Marchand and whoever else on the Bruins who can to goon it up tonight. Expect Woll to be run into several times. Bruins must be made to pay the price.
They should expect it to get very physical. There is no way Boston wants to lose in Boston and they will push their luck to the max with the refs with it being at home.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
They should expect it to get very physical. There is no way Boston wants to lose in Boston and they will push their luck to the max with the refs with it being at home.
Ya but that's just talk. They've tried being physical and we're better at it. The big boys on D, Knies, Bert, Domi, even Dewar and Gregor are pounding it out. If anything, we've worn them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad