Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
It is particularly rough this October. Too many games, too high prices, Yankees. Looking forward to November...hopefully things will get better as they usually do, at least come Thanksgiving.
Team being 1-80-1 may have something to do with it.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
More disturbing news. One of our members on here now has the tickets to my left as a 1/2 season plan. When he posted and then I contacted him, I figured the guy who had them the past few years just gave them up. He was a full season holder. Last night, waiting for my friend outside of the main corridor of MSG and who do I see? The guy who used to sit next to me. I said to him, "I thought you left?" He told me that he didn't, but was forced to move. They told him he could not have the barstools anymore and instead was put in 226, seats which are not as good. They would not give him a real reason, just that they could no longer offer him those seats. Then, they turn around and sell them as 1/2 plans for more money. Emailed my rep this morning for an explanation to see if I am going to have to deal with that next year.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
More disturbing news. One of our members on here now has the tickets to my left as a 1/2 season plan. When he posted and then I contacted him, I figured the guy who had them the past few years just gave them up. He was a full season holder. Last night, waiting for my friend outside of the main corridor of MSG and who do I see? The guy who used to sit next to me. I said to him, "I thought you left?" He told me that he didn't, but was forced to move. They told him he could not have the barstools anymore and instead was put in 226, seats which are not as good. They would not give him a real reason, just that they could no longer offer him those seats. Then, they turn around and sell them as 1/2 plans for more money. Emailed my rep this morning for an explanation to see if I am going to have to deal with that next year.

Does not surprise me one bit.

The seats they confiscated (brokers and non-brokers alike) were all legitimately added at times when the team stunk and sales Dept begged people to buy them.

When demand returned, they want the money for themselves. you sucked it up and supported the team while it's bad then have the tickets confiscated or changed when they can sell them to some else for more?

How fair is that?

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Does not surprise me one bit.

The seats they confiscated (brokers and non-brokers alike) were all legitimately added at times when the team stunk and sales Dept begged people to buy them.

When demand returned, they want the money for themselves. you sucked it up and supported the team while it's bad then have the tickets confiscated or changed when they can sell them to some else for more?

How fair is that?
To be fair, they DO have more celebrity welcomes now.

Reactions: coatjones and McD27

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
To be fair, they DO have more celebrity welcomes now.

And fewer places to buy beer before the game (the majority of stands on the 8th avenue end, upper bowl) were closed... Well, maybe since everyone is paying so much for tickets...

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
stubhub site is all screwed up, why cant thees idiots just leave shit the way it is, im trying to edit prices and it doesnt update, they changed the format, idiots

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
you can't even delete a listing on stubhub, once you do it, it still stays on there, like wtf

by this site has been terrible lately, they should have never updated it, another case if shit isn't broke don't fix it

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Just a follow up on this as I have those seats now:

When I originally went onto the website to pick my new seats for this season, the seats I have right now were not available to buy. I had picked other seats. Later that day, these appeared for the half season I have right now and took them immediately.

I hope for your sake that they don't do that to you, but it's the trend that they are going in. They mark up the barstool seats more than the regular seats now. This was not the case 4 years ago, after full renovations.

As someone who was hoping at some time to get a full season plan, this is more than enough for me to not renew my half season. The team could suck, but if I got seats that I wanted for the full season at a good price, I'd take them. They're doing everything they can to not have full season subscribers, but what they'll be getting are more empty seats.

RangerFan23

Jul 28, 2010

Wow, that is actually disgraceful and seems like the type of thing you could sue over, no? At the very least it smells like one of those "busted" features you see on the news where the organizations gets publicly shamed.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Wow, that is actually disgraceful and seems like the type of thing you could sue over, no? At the very least it smells like one of those "busted" features you see on the news where the organizations gets publicly shamed.
One important point is if the Rangers changed the seats before or after the invoice was paid. If it's after then it's a breach of contract and I actually had my lawyer successfully get me a resolution on a similar issue once

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Just a follow up on this as I have those seats now:

When I originally went onto the website to pick my new seats for this season, the seats I have right now were not available to buy. I had picked other seats. Later that day, these appeared for the half season I have right now and took them immediately.

I hope for your sake that they don't do that to you, but it's the trend that they are going in. They mark up the barstool seats more than the regular seats now. This was not the case 4 years ago, after full renovations.

As someone who was hoping at some time to get a full season plan, this is more than enough for me to not renew my half season. The team could suck, but if I got seats that I wanted for the full season at a good price, I'd take them. They're doing everything they can to not have full season subscribers, but what they'll be getting are more empty seats.
I emailed my rep. He emailed back asking for the guy's name and I don't know his name so he could try to find out. I did now his first name, but can't remember. I never really knew him all that well only to say hello and a little chit chat before the game.

When I first got the seats after the 2014 season, they weren't even on the map for the transfers. Had to call into my rep and she took care of it.

I know the guy's rep WAS one that got fired for selling tickets themselves and his new rep is a woman, but wouldn't give him any answers. The barstools are the same as the upper 200s in that section, at least for the full-season plans. If they ever tell me I can't have the barstools, I am done. Not going into regular seats again.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
One important point is if the Rangers changed the seats before or after the invoice was paid. If it's after then it's a breach of contract and I actually had my lawyer successfully get me a resolution on a similar issue once
That, I don't know.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
In the whatever it's worth category:

My partner sold 2 games, his S. Jose & Arizona tix today at face before fees.

Maybe they were low demand games but with all that is going on (BB, poor Ranger play, too many Oct games, etc .... there still is a reasonable market out there.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
We maybe seeing impact of tier pricing. Lower tier games fetch less and high tier games the same so overall net effect is less margin but should still be more than total "face value".

In recent years even with the high number of October games, I have not seen lower 200 corners going for $40 for a Saturday afternoon game. Heck, the Knicks have higher prices tonight vs the Pistons.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
So I had my first StubHub issue where a buyer claimed the ticket was invalid. It was for the game last Saturday v. NJD. Sold an extra ticket I had and I got an email the next night saying the buyer was unable to gain entry with the reason being the ticket was already scanned (it wasn't). I immediately thought back to the previous instances here with people getting screwed. I went to my Rangers account to check to see if the ticket was scanned and it wasn't. Immediately called up the guy handling my case and sent him screenshots of my account compared to other games where a ticket was scanned. I couldn't get into contact with the guy for a week after talking to him for some reason when he said he'd call me back the next day but I finally got an email back saying they sided with me and I'd be getting paid the money for the sale.

Was unable to get on the phone with him to raise the issue of people doing this because he admitted himself MSG is very tough with handing out scan reports. If the person actually did scan my ticket and pulled the stunt I might have been out of luck. I don't know what the buyers agenda was here whether it was buyers remorse or they wanted a free night out or upgrade but thankfully I won this dispute.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
So I had my first StubHub issue where a buyer claimed the ticket was invalid. It was for the game last Saturday v. NJD. Sold an extra ticket I had and I got an email the next night saying the buyer was unable to gain entry with the reason being the ticket was already scanned (it wasn't). I immediately thought back to the previous instances here with people getting screwed. I went to my Rangers account to check to see if the ticket was scanned and it wasn't. Immediately called up the guy handling my case and sent him screenshots of my account compared to other games where a ticket was scanned. I couldn't get into contact with the guy for a week after talking to him for some reason when he said he'd call me back the next day but I finally got an email back saying they sided with me and I'd be getting paid the money for the sale.

Was unable to get on the phone with him to raise the issue of people doing this because he admitted himself MSG is very tough with handing out scan reports. If the person actually did scan my ticket and pulled the stunt I might have been out of luck. I don't know what the buyers agenda was here whether it was buyers remorse or they wanted a free night out or upgrade but thankfully I won this dispute.

Must be the same person who said my ticket was invalid and was scanned at MSG already. It was the first preseason game of the season, 7 oclock start, STub Hub said they claim the ticket was scanned already for the first time at 7:30 and when the buyer tried to get in at 7:37 it was invalid. I don't know how it was scanned only 7 minutes before he tried, when I was at home. Also, they went almost 40 minutes late. I don't buy it. I ended up losing the money for the game and had to pay $ 72 in fees. MSG messed up and of course the person from Stub Hub was never available to talk to. So there are people out there claiming tickets are being scanned when they aren't. So they get in free.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013

I think it's a new scam. Sort of like what's happening on ebay. Sell something new, the buyer says he never got it or says what he got was used. ebay always sides with the buyer. And if the buyer has to send something back to you, it will be a used duplicate so if it's electronics, if you didn't keep the serial number you're SOL.

JD361992

Section 227
Sep 9, 2015
NJ
Hi all, I'm a new half-season holder and wanted to know if anyone has any experience with purchasing wheel chair seating. My grandfather is not in a wheel chair but does have chronic knee issues which require a seat with more leg room. Does anyone have any experience purchasing seats in these sections? I'm going to contact my rep tomorrow but any advice or guidance would be appreciated. The man has not been to a Rangers game in almost 70 years so I'm really trying to surprise him this Christmas. -Justin

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Hi all, I'm a new half-season holder and wanted to know if anyone has any experience with purchasing wheel chair seating. My grandfather is not in a wheel chair but does have chronic knee issues which require a seat with more leg room. Does anyone have any experience purchasing seats in these sections? I'm going to contact my rep tomorrow but any advice or guidance would be appreciated. The man has not been to a Rangers game in almost 70 years so I'm really trying to surprise him this Christmas. -Justin

Anyone can sit in the WC sections, MSG doesn't care.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I used to sell my seats to a friend whose father used a wheel chair. My rep took care of getting them ADA seating. There was a small difference in price that got charged to my account and my seats were just swapped out. They were really helpful.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

When I had this happen, I was able to get a scan report from MSG within two hours. Perhaps they are not as willing tonhelp now since they have ended their business relationship with Stub Hub.

When you are dealing with Stub Hub always make sure you get a supervisor on the phone. The rank and file don't have a lot of pull. Get a supervisor, have your facts ready and they will listen. I've only had one severe blowout ($500) and they fixed the problem on the spot for me once I had the right players o the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad