Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I received an email last month (maybe longer) stating that my rep was leaving and that a new rep would contact within the next few days. It's been over a month, nobody has called me. Fantastic customer service. I have been a half STH for 3 years and I have no idea who my rep currently is, nor do I really care at this point anymore.
Did you have Michelle?

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
I received an email last month (maybe longer) stating that my rep was leaving and that a new rep would contact within the next few days. It's been over a month, nobody has called me. Fantastic customer service. I have been a half STH for 3 years and I have no idea who my rep currently is, nor do I really care at this point anymore.
Sounds like you had my rep who was bloody awful.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Yes I did, now I have no idea who it is. It really doesn't make a difference who my rep is. They never did anything for me anyway. And most likely (I am 99% sure right now) this will be my last season as a half STH.
Dont forget that if you cancel and want playoffs you will have to pay for all 4 rounds.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Near term sales... biggest problem.... if the Yankees advance.

The Pens has potential to be an awesome deal (for buyers) - same time as ALCS Game 4

Then again, it's not like the Saturday game is setting any sales records either. it's been trending down every day

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
what's the big deal. I get it if cash flow is tight but you get a refund on the un-played games.
I don't recall if my math is correct, but I think it worked out to be about 8k per seat last year and they were slow in giving it back.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Looks like they have trouble selling out WC. Plenty of seats left on TM. ($189-$369)

It's going to be a bust like the 2014 Stadium Series. Should be plenty of below face deals as the game nears.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Looks like they have trouble selling out WC. Plenty of seats left on TM. ($189-$369)

It's going to be a bust like the 2014 Stadium Series. Should be plenty of below face deals as the game nears.

No doubt. I passed on buying this time. If I decide to go I'll go for less than face. Not getting taken again.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Dont forget that if you cancel and want playoffs you will have to pay for all 4 rounds.
27564b31a1c57ad28ecc2c5a8925aadface07277f29de1b474599386af244f61.jpg

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
No doubt. I passed on buying this time. If I decide to go I'll go for less than face. Not getting taken again.

I managed to get $119 uppers right at a price break section during the presale last week. I figure that is not an unreasonable price and if the weather is bad and I want to sell I can hopefully get most of my money back.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
My friends went to that event. What was it like?
Pretty good in spite of the on/off rain, most of the space was covered. Food was hot dogs, grilled cheese, rice krispie squares, popcorn, ice cream bars, popsicles, water, lemonade, peligrino, juice boxes. They gave away snow globes and had photo stations for fans and players and the picture slides into the snow globe

RangerFan23

Jul 28, 2010
the mass exodus is slowly beginning...after last years playoff tickets debacle and extortion from MSG, I thankfully got out and cancelled my season tickets...and now that the teams stinks the current STH's are going to have a really tough time trying to unload tickets at such ridiculous prices. Good luck to all and be careful when renewal time comes

Love it! Hope all the scalpers using their season tickets to make money recently get badly, badly burned.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Love it! Hope all the scalpers using their season tickets to make money recently get badly, badly burned.
I don't know about scalpers being burned badly. I think that the people that use their profits to subsidize their seats, have less of a subsidy.

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
I've sold more seats, more easily and at more "profit" than I sold all last season. I'm basically done. I don't have to sell another game. I can just relax and go to games or give them to clients. Makes a big difference when the pressure is off this early in the season. They're are still too expensive for me to justify committing to another season but at least I'm OK for now. I was really sweating it out over the summer because last year was tough selling. Maybe this tiered pricing helped? dunno

xRKC

Apr 12, 2016
Just checked Ticketmaster for the prices to tomorrow's game... with fees, seats in my same section are lower than my listed face value as a half-season ticket holder... RIP. I sit in the West Balcony..

1/2 STH Price - $146
Ticketmaster - $118 + $21.5 fees = $139.50 total

I know the cost is marginal but it's the principle, or am I crazy?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Just checked Ticketmaster for the prices to tomorrow's game... with fees, seats in my same section are lower than my listed face value as a half-season ticket holder... RIP. I sit in the West Balcony..

1/2 STH Price - $146
Ticketmaster - $118 + $21.5 fees = $139.50 total

I know the cost is marginal but it's the principle, or am I crazy?
The half season was never a good deal. You can complain and they will throw the word 'average' at you.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
At this point, half seasons just aren’t worth it unless you plan on going to a majority/all of the games and don’t feel like dealing with the hassle of getting games individually. Prices are basically not too far off from box office in either direction, you get half playoff rights at inflated rates that aren’t really much of a deal at least for the first 2 rounds, and you have to sell for a high figure to break even on games while competing against people who have similar seats at a lower price. Just doesn’t seem worth it to me.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
In previous years, it looked like a legit path to a full season subscription. Now, not so much. With the amount of fulls changed to halves and minis, I don't know if we'll ever get there. It's to the point where I'm thinking about moving on from them if there is that big of a price increase next year. at $112 average right now for upper 200s barstools, we'll see what it looks like at the end of the season.

If I can get these as full seasons, it'll be worth it, but otherwise it'll be rough to break even on games I cannot attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad