Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
last summer july 2015 I paid a $500 deposit for season tickets...the rep at the time promised me I would have season tickets for the upcoming 2105-16 season

well come mid September no tickets were available only crappy mini plans with no playoff rights

rep said don't worry by the time the season is over I will have season tickets for you
well nothing happened...no tickets

rep said I will get you a playoff strip for this years playoffs
haven't heard anything yet

wasted $500 for nothing
will demand my money back soon

nice treatment after having season tickets for 13 of the last 16 years
I have come to NEVER believe what the reps "promise". Bottom line, they are salesmen and will say whatever they have to get your name on a contract. I have said many times on here over the years, that the promises they make can not possibly be kept all the time.

What they can give you is simply based on availablity. They can promise you full seasons all they want, they can promise you a new location all they want and will do so to temporarily make you happy. However, when push comes to shove if the tickets aren't available, they aren't available. They can try to get you to be "first in line" for something that opens up, but that doesn't mean they can.

The reps do not care about you. They do not care about you having your tickets. They care about themselves and their career. They are in an entry-level position in the sports and entertainment industry and are going to do what they have to do to move up the ranks. Why do you think the reps change so often? They are all looking to move up the ladder. Just like a car salesman's job is to sell you the most expensive car possible. He doesn't care if you have to cut some other expenses to buy the Ford Expedition instead of the Explorer or Focus. They don't care that you do not really need an SUV and would be better off with a sedan. They are in the business of making money.

Yes, it sucks that you were lied to, or promised things and it was not delivered. But I don't understand why you have believed them in the first place. "By the end of the season, I will have full-season tickets for you?" How? Do they expect to cancel people during the season? I'm sure there might be a few people who lose their accounts. Fighting, problems with staff, etc. But not too many. Maybe he already knew they were canceling large accounts or revoking some tickets from large accounts, but that doesn't mean they have the clout to get you any of those tickets. I know I am probably coming off as a jerk, but that isn't my intention.

In their defense, THEY may have been lied to as well. Their bosses train them to say what they need to say. They could have been told, "We will have tickets to give all these people once we revoke from the brokers." And, that may have been the intention at the time. However, someone above them may have said, "No, we are not offering those as ST's. Those fetch a hefty premium so we going to sell those individually and maximize profits." Then, they turn around and tell the rep to take the heat from you and they do it because they want to keep their jobs.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
It would make sense that his tenure date would be when he went to a full season. It would not make sense to charge a 10 or 20 year subscriber the new subscriber price because they moved their seats over a section.

I think tenure should go back to when he first had mini or half. I started with a mini back in 1993 and my tenure is 1993. Then again this is a new era of MSG so they can change policies on the fly including so called "subscriber benefits".

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I think tenure should go back to when he first had mini or half. I started with a mini back in 1993 and my tenure is 1993. Then again this is a new era of MSG so they can change policies on the fly including so called "subscriber benefits".

That's not what I've always been told. I was a half for years before getting fulls and all my reps categorically refused to set my tenure prior to the first full season year

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I have come to NEVER believe what the reps "promise". Bottom line, they are salesmen and will say whatever they have to get your name on a contract. I have said many times on here over the years, that the promises they make can not possibly be kept all the time.

What they can give you is simply based on availablity. They can promise you full seasons all they want, they can promise you a new location all they want and will do so to temporarily make you happy. However, when push comes to shove if the tickets aren't available, they aren't available. They can try to get you to be "first in line" for something that opens up, but that doesn't mean they can.

The reps do not care about you. They do not care about you having your tickets. They care about themselves and their career. They are in an entry-level position in the sports and entertainment industry and are going to do what they have to do to move up the ranks. Why do you think the reps change so often? They are all looking to move up the ladder. Just like a car salesman's job is to sell you the most expensive car possible. He doesn't care if you have to cut some other expenses to buy the Ford Expedition instead of the Explorer or Focus. They don't care that you do not really need an SUV and would be better off with a sedan. They are in the business of making money.

Yes, it sucks that you were lied to, or promised things and it was not delivered. But I don't understand why you have believed them in the first place. "By the end of the season, I will have full-season tickets for you?" How? Do they expect to cancel people during the season? I'm sure there might be a few people who lose their accounts. Fighting, problems with staff, etc. But not too many. Maybe he already knew they were canceling large accounts or revoking some tickets from large accounts, but that doesn't mean they have the clout to get you any of those tickets. I know I am probably coming off as a jerk, but that isn't my intention.

What you said is all true but in this particular situation he/she have had seasons before for 13 years so one would think that MSG should at least try to do a bit more. Then again, this is a new public traded MSG so it's all about the $$$.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
That's not what I've always been told. I was a half for years before getting fulls and all my reps categorically refused to set my tenure prior to the first full season year

I didn't say told. I said it actually happened (for me and others like me before the current MSG era).

darrenturcotte#8

Sep 17, 2006
Someone just gave me a heads up that if you move your seats in the upgrade round, you may lose your tenured pricing. I.E., the new location would be priced at the new business STH price. I haven't confirmed that with anyone at MSG though

I'm not sure I'm so against this one actually. It is extremely hard to upgrade you seats if you're anywhere near a recent season ticket holder. This policy would insure that once you upgrade, you go to the back of the line so other people then have a chance to upgrade too. In addition, there are soooo many season ticket holders that want to upgrade and see nothing of interest. If the price is a slight premium, it may leave some good seats for those who have joined in the past 20 yrs. And if they're willing to pay it, they get the seats they've always wanted...

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014

In their defense, THEY may have been lied to as well. Their bosses train them to say what they need to say. They could have been told, "We will have tickets to give all these people once we revoke from the brokers." And, that may have been the intention at the time. However, someone above them may have said, "No, we are not offering those as ST's. Those fetch a hefty premium so we going to sell those individually and maximize profits." Then, they turn around and tell the rep to take the heat from you and they do it because they want to keep their jobs.

I think all of this is exactly true. Especially about the Rangers Reps. I have been promised many different things and nothing has worked out. I've had over 5 reps. It is what it is.

Shockingly, the organization I have received the best customer service from is the Mets.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I think all of this is exactly true. Especially about the Rangers Reps. I have been promised many different things and nothing has worked out. I've had over 5 reps. It is what it is.

Shockingly, the organization I have received the best customer service from is the Mets.

The Mets had to adapt after 2010, they lost most of their STHs and went full customer service. They almost literally promised to send players to people's birthday parties in the offseason if they renewed. If they continue winning they'll be back to the same jerks as before

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

I really disagree with this. If I'm a STH for 5 years I don't think that someone who had minis for 7 seasons and converted to fulls last year should have tenure over me for relocations. When I tried to convert from my mini plan to fulls after the 94 season they did not allow it then either.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I really disagree with this. If I'm a STH for 5 years I don't think that someone who had minis for 7 seasons and converted to fulls last year should have tenure over me for relocations. When I tried to convert from my mini plan to fulls after the 94 season they did not allow it then either.

I agree with you, but the idea that if you move your fulls to other fulls, should not cause you to "start over". There is more than just relocation priority. Gifts, discounts on merchadise, etc. Right now, I get 20% off the team store, think in 3 years I jump to 25% off. If I move my seats, especially if I move to more expensive seats, I shouldn't go back to the beginning to 10% discount (or 15%, whatever it is for new people).

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I agree but what I mean is that relocation is the only benefit that impacts more than one person. It doesn't impact me one way or another what your team store discount is but it does impact me if your relocation time is before or after me.

That being said I don't think it makes any sense for them to tie STH tenure to relocation and I can't see them moving in that direction unless maybe possibly if you downgrade.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013

well, like I said. I did a mini for the Cup year and then got full and got tenure 1993. Back then I didn't even know what tenure means and until the transformation I didn't even care.

As an aside, the Yankees give same tenure status to partials like the fulls.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
the team just courier'd me a big ass Rangerstown Flag for the playoffs lol

Pxsnn2d.jpg

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
folks were asking about when can post to Ticket Exchange

this email came this afernoon

Subject:
"Important 2016 Rangers Playoff Ticket Information"
"Can't Make a Game? Sell Your Tickets on Ticketmaster.com
Starting Thursday, April 14th, sell playoff tickets you can't use straight from My Rangers Account Manager"

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
if anyone is looking to avoid ticketexchange/stubhub for playoffs drop me a DM (there doesn't seem to be a ticket resale threat anymore)

xRKC

Apr 12, 2016
hi everyone. just came across this board and wish i had found this sooner... i put a deposit down earlier back in January with the hopes of being a full season STH; does not seem too hopeful from what i've gathered by just skimming through some stories haha. seems like a great community here though!

btw, thank you GordonGecko for providing valuable data in this thread re: pricing

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
With so many folks looking to buy full STs I can't help but think that we are nearing the peak of this rangers cycle coinciding with the near ending of the current team core. The team will not go deep in or even make the playoffs every year like the good fortune that we've had in recent years. ST prices have gone up significantly and unless you are in good locations upstairs be prepared to lose thousands of $ if you don't go to many games. Especially the overpriced lower end seats that newbies will start in.

xRKC

Apr 12, 2016
Understood; thanks for the response. Seems like I'm unfortunately at a bad time for this. It's been a long time/big goal of mine to be a STH, and I finally have the financial means to reach it, or so i thought... my secondary plan was to maybe do a half or mini season, but it sounds like those are heavily marked up regardless. :(

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Just got mine too, then I put it on my imaginary flag pole outside my house, since everyone has one of those.

The place I have my stuff shipped to just called to tell me I got a UPS package. I guess it's a flag.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
My rep always said I can't promise you anything but he did always encourage me that if I leave a deposit early, my chances are much better. He did find me 2 seats as a half STH on my very first season even tho they were more expensive than I wanted to spend. When I looked at the inventory in my time slot, I did not see 2 seats together in the whole building for halfs. Only 1 or 3 seats. He called me as I was looking and asked me how I was doing, I said I can't find 2 seats anywhere, that's when he found me 2 seats together and I took them. The only thing which he said which turned out to be false is to pay with the Chase card and you will get perks. I received nothing.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
When I left a deposit for next season, my rep did say I have a good shot at fulls next season (I have only one season as halfs under my belt). I told him I wanted a less expensive seat, and he said you should be able to move locations next season. Well see.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

looks like get-in prices for tomorrow have been set at $124 for obstructed blues round 1 ($124.00 to $1,774.50 range) and $153 for round 2 ($153.00 - $1,971.50 range)

There's a Chase presale at 11:00, same time as mini's - so yeah the partials are getting hosed

dubidubidu

Apr 27, 2012
SI,NY 10304
Come on... I think that's a little dramatic. The presale information is posted here. You have it.

Ha, actually after calling my Rep, and then being transferred to my 'new' rep since this guy had moved on without saying anything, they resent the emails, and I also discovered gmail had decided that emails from the Rangers were spam, and all of my playoff emails went straight to the spam folder, so I take that back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad