Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
This is really frustrating, I haven't heard anything from my ticket rep about the presale.
Mini Plan Presale Weds 11:00 AM, general sale @ 1:00 PM

Round One
Home Game 1 - http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3B005071D1921641
Home Game 2 - http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3B005071D1971643
Home Game 3 - http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3B005071D19B1645

Round Two
Home Game 1 - http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3B005071D2231650
Home Game 2 - http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3B005071D2281652
Home Game 3 - http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3B005071D22E1654

Last edited:

RUSF18

Nov 10, 2010
From the prior thread:

Chase cards matter when you're a full STH because you get a gift. Is that worth it if you can get other benefits from a different card? Guess it depends on the other benefits and how expensive your seats are. From what I've heard 1/2 STH don't even get that. Figure Chase would want some incentive. It's not an insignificant amount of money.

I've always figured that the incentive is more on the Rangers side, getting some kind of break on their processing fees charged by Chase through their sponsorship agreement.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I don't see mine yet. I click on account manager and then manage my tickets and all I see for April are the regular season games and the yearbook. I'll give it a few hours then email my rep.

I can't see mine either. Did you do pay by round or pay in full? I did pay by round. Please let me know what your rep says.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
This is really frustrating, I haven't heard anything from my ticket rep about the presale. Usually we atleast get an email. I know I used to get calls about playoff strips 5-6 years ago with the miniplan. Of course those days are long gone and this is all we have left.

i got two emails, the first saying the presale was today at 11, then an email this morning (about an hour before the previously scheduled time) saying they had moved the time to wednesday. Of course this is all just delaying the inevitable "there are no tickets available at this time" screen from ticketmaster. I can't believe they can't give the mini package holders at least one game per round.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Very few people with a partial plan got a full strip. I didn't.
Tickets for partials should be loaded by Wednesday.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
Very few people with a partial plan got a full strip. I didn't.
Tickets for partials should be loaded by Wednesday.

understood. just wish they would give out as many tickets as possible to all subscribers instead of the pre-sale which is a crap shoot.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
I know this is petty but I just received my Half playoff tickets today. The tickets are from thegarden.com, they look like plain generic tickets you would buy online. Not that big of a deal, but should the Rangers make it to the Stanley Cup, I have a plain crappy ticket stub after I paid for a half season. My half regular season tickets were the ones every season ticket holder gets, not really sure would I would get these for the playoffs. Again, its petty stuff, but its just the point. Just wondering if any Half STH got the same ones.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
Half STH gets no discount on regular season tickets, no 10% off playoff tickets for early renewal and crappy playoff ticket stubs lol.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
I know this is petty but I just received my Half playoff tickets today. The tickets are from thegarden.com, they look like plain generic tickets you would buy online. Not that big of a deal, but should the Rangers make it to the Stanley Cup, I have a plain crappy ticket stub after I paid for a half season. My half regular season tickets were the ones every season ticket holder gets, not really sure would I would get these for the playoffs. Again, its petty stuff, but its just the point. Just wondering if any Half STH got the same ones.

I didn't even get paper tickets. Still waiting for the electronic tickets to show online. Sigh.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Tix loaded online for me this morning. Can transfer but not print (72 hour rule). No sell option yet.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
This is really frustrating, I haven't heard anything from my ticket rep about the presale. Usually we atleast get an email. I know I used to get calls about playoff strips 5-6 years ago with the miniplan. Of course those days are long gone and this is all we have left.

Come on... I think that's a little dramatic. The presale information is posted here. You have it.

slicer

Mar 12, 2016
How does the early renewal rebate work?

I paid for 1st round, then renewed the following week. When will I get rebated for Round 1? Will Round 2 automatically be charged at the lower rate?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
How does the early renewal rebate work?

I paid for 1st round, then renewed the following week. When will I get rebated for Round 1? Will Round 2 automatically be charged at the lower rate?

That is how it has been in the past. If they win round 1, you'll get a refund for the 4th (and maybe 3rd) home game applied towards the cost of round 2. The rabate from round 1 will be applied to round 2 and the subsequent rounds will have an initial charge of the face minus 10%.

So, my tickets are $132 each for the second round. When they charge me, it will be $119.80x6 (or 8 if it is philadelphia) minus $11.40 per each used ticket (first round is $114) minus $228 for the 4th home game, and then possibly another 228 if they win in 4 or 5.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Tickets are now on my account. Saw this about the ticket exchange:

"Resale: Tickets may be posted for resale through Ticketmaster, the Official Fan Marketplace of the NY Rangers, on or about Thursday April 14th."

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
last summer july 2015 I paid a $500 deposit for season tickets...the rep at the time promised me I would have season tickets for the upcoming 2105-16 season

well come mid September no tickets were available only crappy mini plans with no playoff rights

rep said don't worry by the time the season is over I will have season tickets for you
well nothing happened...no tickets

rep said I will get you a playoff strip for this years playoffs
haven't heard anything yet

wasted $500 for nothing
will demand my money back soon

nice treatment after having season tickets for 13 of the last 16 years

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
last summer july 2015 I paid a $500 deposit for season tickets...the rep at the time promised me I would have season tickets for the upcoming 2105-16 season

well come mid September no tickets were available only crappy mini plans with no playoff rights

rep said don't worry by the time the season is over I will have season tickets for you
well nothing happened...no tickets

rep said I will get you a playoff strip for this years playoffs
haven't heard anything yet

wasted $500 for nothing
will demand my money back soon

nice treatment after having season tickets for 13 of the last 16 years

There's been a change in MSG ticket policy. Instead of trying to sell as many STs as they can, they are now trying to take away and keep for themselves as many STs as they can.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Someone just gave me a heads up that if you move your seats in the upgrade round, you may lose your tenured pricing. I.E., the new location would be priced at the new business STH price. I haven't confirmed that with anyone at MSG though

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Someone just gave me a heads up that if you move your seats in the upgrade round, you may lose your tenured pricing. I.E., the new location would be priced at the new business STH price. I haven't confirmed that with anyone at MSG though

Nice. So I think I am downgrading but actually be paying more. :handclap: Thanks JD for making STHs continuing to feel loyal and appreciated. Apparently MSG is selling us Blue United but they themselves are GREEN United.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

That would really be something. Can't see them doing that though as annual seat relocation is listed as a benefit of being a season subscriber.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

I spoke to a friend that had a half season for 5 years and went to a full season about 8 years ago. His tenure date is the year he went to a full season... so that may hold some water, although I hope it's not true.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

I got the same ones as well. They do this because they don't want to print partial books and the inventory comes out of a different pool.

When I get a mini plan, I didn't even get the season ticket holder stock for the regualr season. Getting them for the half was a nice surprise.

Glass is half full.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
I got the same ones as well. They do this because they don't want to print partial books and the inventory comes out of a different pool.

When I get a mini plan, I didn't even get the season ticket holder stock for the regualr season. Getting them for the half was a nice surprise.

Glass is half full.

i wish I had your outlook about all of this stuff.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I spoke to a friend that had a half season for 5 years and went to a full season about 8 years ago. His tenure date is the year he went to a full season... so that may hold some water, although I hope it's not true.

It would make sense that his tenure date would be when he went to a full season. It would not make sense to charge a 10 or 20 year subscriber the new subscriber price because they moved their seats over a section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad