Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ba Ba Bluey

Oct 15, 2014
Pair of tickets for 11/3

Selling my tickets for tonight's game vs. St. Louis.

2 Tickets
Section 418
Row 3

Message me if interested.

negipai98

Jul 14, 2014
I posted my tickets for the Red Wings game on Stub Hub and saw that the buyers fees jumped to like 20%. Anyone else see that too?

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
I posted my tickets for the Red Wings game on Stub Hub and saw that the buyers fees jumped to like 20%. Anyone else see that too?

Yes,

I noticed that and I called them. I had three games listed at $89 (my price) and all three had different prices that the buyer would see. The Red Wing game was by far the higest though.

SH explained that they actually have a sliding scale on the fees based on the demand for a game. I explained that the "demand premium" was already built in based on the price of the ticket.
I don't rememeber anything as pronounced as the Red Wing game ever.

I pulled my tickets off, but had they sold, SH would have made $60 in fees between the seller and I on two tickets that were listed for a total of $178. Highway robbery

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

Yes,

I noticed that and I called them. I had three games listed at $89 (my price) and all three had different prices that the buyer would see. The Red Wing game was by far the higest though.

SH explained that they actually have a sliding scale on the fees based on the demand for a game. I explained that the "demand premium" was already built in based on the price of the ticket.
I don't rememeber anything as pronounced as the Red Wing game ever.

I pulled my tickets off, but had they sold, SH would have made $60 in fees between the seller and I on two tickets that were listed for a total of $178. Highway robbery
You're wasting your time, ticket exchange is always 20% to the buyer. At least with stubhub you sometimes get 10% to the buyer. There's absolutely nothing you can do about except plug away at finding direct buyers, which unfortunately tend to be people who are not willing to pay market prices

Last edited:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Rangers recently updated the re-selling tools in the online account. Now instead of being redirected to the ticketsnow.com interface, you stay on the Rangers account and enter your price there. It works a little differently - you're supposed to put in your expected payout, so let's say $78 face. The page then calculates the "Buyer Sees" price which becomes $87. Your payout is 90% of that number, then the ticket gets marked up to the buyer for another 20%. Nice work if you can get it

nozwr6.jpg

Last edited:

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
You can still edit your listings on ticketsnow, which I find easier but you need to manipulate the url a bit. Not sure but you might also be able to list directly on ticketsnow as well. I really don't like the interface for listing tickets.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
You can still edit your listings on ticketsnow, which I find easier but you need to manipulate the url a bit. Not sure but you might also be able to list directly on ticketsnow as well. I really don't like the interface for listing tickets.

What URL are you manipulating and how are you manipulating it? I've had very few StubHub sales this year and may move my stuff to the Rangers Exchange.

negipai98

Jul 14, 2014
Anyone posted tix for the 11/11 Penguins game on StubHub? If so, do you know if they are doing the 20% buyer fee as they did for the Red Wings?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Anyone posted tix for the 11/11 Penguins game on StubHub? If so, do you know if they are doing the 20% buyer fee as they did for the Red Wings?

They actually lowered the buyer fees overnight for that game. Based on the price of my tickets, the buyer fee is at 7.38% right now.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Decided to list the 2/4 game v. Boston and the buyers fee is 21.5% for that one. Crazy.

The range of buyers fees is normally 10% to 20% plus shipping ($2.25 PDF or $5 UPS)

The standard formula I use is
takehome = (listed - 2.25) * 90/110
listed = takehome * 110/90 + 2.25

110 becomes 120 in the case of the Boston game

They're trying to get a bigger cut of the games with higher profit margins to the seller. What that doesn't take into account is that you need that extra margin to compensate for the losses on the dog games, so that overall listing with stubhub is typically a losing proposition

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
The range of buyers fees is normally 10% to 20% plus shipping ($2.25 PDF or $5 UPS)

The standard formula I use is
takehome = (listed - 2.25) * 90/110
listed = takehome * 110/90 + 2.25

110 becomes 120 in the case of the Boston game

They're trying to get a bigger cut of the games with higher profit margins to the seller. What that doesn't take into account is that you need that extra margin to compensate for the losses on the dog games, so that overall listing with stubhub is typically a losing proposition

Then why is my 12/23 listing only 6%? I double checked it's 5% + $2.25 which means the range is 5% to 20% plus shipping. Crazy indeed.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Then why is my 12/23 listing only 6%? I double checked it's 5% + $2.25 which means the range is 5% to 20% plus shipping. Crazy indeed.

Yeah, normally 10% to 20%. That 12/23 game makes no sense, leads me think they may have made a mistake. It's absolutely a premium game where they would normally charge full freight, but for some reason (and I can confirm) they dropped the buyer fee to 5% which I haven't seen before

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Can someone please explain to me how after a run to the Stanley Cup Finals, tickets are barely selling? There is stuff for less than face all over the internet and this board? Is it because it's still football season and people are focused on that?

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Can someone please explain to me how after a run to the Stanley Cup Finals, tickets are barely selling? There is stuff for less than face all over the internet and this board? Is it because it's still football season and people are focused on that?

Tickets sales are typically slow during the first month or so of the season. Usually things pick up by mid to late November, assuming the team is playing reasonably well. Unfortunately, I think the tipping point has been reached with too many season subscribers looking to sell their tickets for a profit as opposed to actually using them, with quite a few accounts having added extra seats solely for this purpose. So the market is flooded with seats, driving prices down. I can barely sell my Row 2 Gallery seats (which are one of the best values in the Garden) for face. I could only imagine how much I'd be bleeding if I still had my seats in Row 1.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Tickets sales are typically slow during the first month or so of the season. Usually things pick up by mid to late November, assuming the team is playing reasonably well. Unfortunately, I think the tipping point has been reached with too many season subscribers looking to sell their tickets for a profit as opposed to actually using them, with quite a few accounts having added extra seats solely for this purpose. So the market is flooded with seats, driving prices down. I can barely sell my Row 2 Gallery seats (which are one of the best values in the Garden) for face. I could only imagine how much I'd be bleeding if I still had my seats in Row 1.

Doesn't help that there's a ton of home games early on in the season when the interest may not be there by the casual fan. Demand always picks up in the second half of the season and with a lack of home games, you'll see prices rise.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

Wins help for sure. I got out of the subway after the game and sold two during the ride. They still sold WAY low, but I'll take it.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012

Sold 2 of my 1st row Gallery seats vs Avs for $99 each. A $38 loss per ticket.
Now trying to sell my 2nd row Gallery seats for the Avalanche game for $75 each. This will be the 1st game I have had to sell the 2nd row Gallery seats for under face value

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
Sold 2 of my 1st row Gallery seats vs Avs for $99 each. A $38 loss per ticket.
Now trying to sell my 2nd row Gallery seats for the Avalanche game for $75 each. This will be the 1st game I have had to sell the 2nd row Gallery seats for under face value

That's because in the regular season you'll get crushed on gallery seats outside of a few games. They're overpriced

negipai98

Jul 14, 2014
Sold my $180 Penguin seats for $45 on StubHub at 7:05 tonight after consistently lowering them throughout the last few days to be at or near the lowest in the section. Was really surprised to see how hard it was to sell these. I knew the lower corner seats would be hard to sell, but it has been brutal so far. With the exception of the home opener I'm selling for at least a $50 hit per ticket per game. Usually well more than that. Not fun.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Sold my $180 Penguin seats for $45 on StubHub at 7:05 tonight after consistently lowering them throughout the last few days to be at or near the lowest in the section. Was really surprised to see how hard it was to sell these. I knew the lower corner seats would be hard to sell, but it has been brutal so far. With the exception of the home opener I'm selling for at least a $50 hit per ticket per game. Usually well more than that. Not fun.

If u r in lower corners 104, 110, 114 and 120 you are screwed for majority of the regular season and maybe even the first round if the PO.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY

I've experienced the total opposite actually. I've made a $250 profit on all games I sold this year so far, but I also have the cheaper face value seats so that helps. I think it also depends on your price point, since msg totally screwed up the pricing structure throughout the whole building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad