Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
Can anyone who has tickets in section 227 rows 16-18 possibly elablorate on wgat the obstruction is in that area?

I see some tickets listed in that section / row, but they say "limited view".

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Can anyone who has tickets in section 227 rows 16-18 possibly elablorate on wgat the obstruction is in that area?

I see some tickets listed in that section / row, but they say "limited view".

9th floor luxury boxes stick out and obstruct your view of the near goal/zone. Same issue that the old 401/428 had pre renovation.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
must have been holds on tickets for sponsors or whatever that are being released, have seen a dozen or so tickets on the map for game 1 in the past 20 mins

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
must have been holds on tickets for sponsors or whatever that are being released, have seen a dozen or so tickets on the map for game 1 in the past 20 mins

I still have one pair of tickets for game 1 to sell and I cringe when I see the supply go up instead of down.

negipai98

Jul 14, 2014
Curious if anyone has any theories as to some of the pricing action I've been witnessing. I've been looking at the "Sold" data on StubHub for Game 1 and there seems to be a very side range of prices sold in the same time period for similar seats. Can't remember the exact numbers, but for example in Section 114, for seats either in the same row or a couple of rows apart (like Row 13 versus 11), the difference could be $100-$200 for essentially the same seat on the same day.

Seems odd. I would expect a normal market to coalesce around a certain point and then move gradually based on supply/demand, but these spreads are so big, it just doesn't seem to add up.

Any thoughts?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
People probably listing once tickets were available to print in the 72 hour window. That's just a theory though it doesn't really coincide with the Saturday supply rising as well.

All I know is that the game is Thursday and there are a ton of tickets I hope mine get sold soon.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Sold mine for Sat for $275 each (face is like $115, 275 after all the fees taken out). So made off pretty good but I thought id do better for a weekend playoff game.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Sold mine for Sat for $275 each (face is like $115, 275 after all the fees taken out). So made off pretty good but I thought id do better for a weekend playoff game.

That's what I did for game 2, but I still have one of my game 1s that I need to sell.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

That's pretty damn good all things considering. I think expectations are a little high in regards to how much people are expecting to make. End of the day, it's still a round 1 playoff game early in the series and the Rangers are expected to make a deep run (fingers crossed). This year is going for a lot more than the past.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

As I posted the sold. I netted $270 for a pair with a face of $127.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
yeah my one extra for thursday hasn't sold yet, its just about the best seat in the house under $300, right at center ice, upstairs but low, hoping to net $250.
the 72 hour rule sucks but i really like the Seller Credit option; also the TicketExchange commission when it wasn't as a subscriber (before the 72 hours) was $50+ instead of 10%. I probably cant use game 6, so if it happens that may cover a good bit of cost of the 3 seats i use rd 1, after the rebate for renewing next year

OKnumber25

Mar 26, 2012
Thanks for the response, cliffy.

looks like you did a similar method. I like your plan. Im just jonsing to see the blueshirts in a playoff game and this is my best shot as a Floridian.

Back in the 80s hayday ranger isles, wed have to stand in front of the coliseum preplayoffgame, wait for the puck to drop and buy from desperate sellers. Too many nypd cops to have done that at Garden.

I was a little kid when I saw stemmers triple OT.

Yes Im that old lol.

Hah, that's not old, I was in college then.

But an advantage to being old & retired is that I can, and probably will, go to all the playoff games.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
yeah my one extra for thursday hasn't sold yet, its just about the best seat in the house under $300, right at center ice, upstairs but low, hoping to net $250.
the 72 hour rule sucks but i really like the Seller Credit option; also the TicketExchange commission when it wasn't as a subscriber (before the 72 hours) was $50+ instead of 10%. I probably cant use game 6, so if it happens that may cover a good bit of cost of the 3 seats i use rd 1, after the rebate for renewing next year

Can you explain the TE fess to me?
One of the reasons I don't use it is that I don't want anyone at MSG knowing what I sell and for how much.
I know that the Devils cancelled 300+ accounts this year and when the Yankees call, they often bring up what you sold and for how much.

OKnumber25

Mar 26, 2012
MSG is booked on May 1st and 2nd. It's most likely going to start then with 2 days off unfortunately.

May 1st and 2nd are Eric Clapton concerts. There is a disclaimer associated with the concerts that says one of the dates may be moved to 5/3 in case of a playoff conflict.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Can you explain the TE fess to me?
One of the reasons I don't use it is that I don't want anyone at MSG knowing what I sell and for how much.
I know that the Devils cancelled 300+ accounts this year and when the Yankees call, they often bring up what you sold and for how much.

TE for NYR use flat fees across the board. As a STH, you have a posting price per ticket. Your take home is 90% of that number ("payout"), and the posting price is what shows up in the resale LISTING. That posting price gets inflated by 20% after fees including shipping which is what show up on the TM+ map.

If you sell by entering barcodes, you take 85% of the posted price instead of 90%.

It's a gluttonous money grab by ticketmaster & individual teams, considering there is ZERO risk of fraud because they have monopoly access to the barcode system. This sort of collusion and market control should be completely outlawed

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
TE for NYR use flat fees across the board. As a STH, you have a posting price per ticket. Your take home is 90% of that number ("payout"), and the posting price is what shows up in the resale LISTING. That posting price gets inflated by 20% after fees including shipping which is what show up on the TM+ map.

If you sell by entering barcodes, you take 85% of the posted price instead of 90%.

It's a gluttonous money grab by ticketmaster & individual teams, considering there is ZERO risk of fraud because they have monopoly access to the barcode system. This sort of collusion and market control should be completely outlawed

Stubhub just sued the Warriors and TM. Should be interesting.

Also supply doesn't seem to move much but prices have been steadily coming down.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Sold my game two upper corners for 200 each after fees on TE. Maybe the prices will spike up if they win Thursday, but thought it would be better to sell now in case the prices keep dropping, and the profits pay for my game one ticket so I'm okay with that.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

So as far as I'm concerned, they both charge 10% of what I list them for. Correct?

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Sold my game two upper corners for 200 each after fees on TE. Maybe the prices will spike up if they win Thursday, but thought it would be better to sell now in case the prices keep dropping, and the profits pay for my game one ticket so I'm okay with that.

I am like you in that I would rather sell a game at a price that I am comfortable with than having to stress out at the last few hours hoping my tickets sell.
I have a friend who is just the opposite as he posts high and doesn't worry about them selling. The thing I found especially last year that his way works a lot better especially for the later rounds. There is a lot of money out there!

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
9th floor luxury boxes stick out and obstruct your view of the near goal/zone. Same issue that the old 401/428 had pre renovation.

That's high numbered seats, so anything maybe seats 14 and up in rows 15-18 will be obstructed in 227. Also possible that seats 1-3 in rows 20 and up might be obstructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad