Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Here's my recent experience regarding 2nd row (center) gallery resales.

My face is $104.

Over the course of regular season about a break even (including exhibs).

First two rounds of playoffs small premium. Game 7's decent premium.

Third round decent premium.

SC... the return.

I'm not in the ticket selling business so all I ask is to not lose money on the games I need to sell. So far ok but the margins are gone. Otherwise, I might as well buy individual tix to the games I wish to attend.

A few years ago ... paid $60 for 1st row. No problem selling average $80 net.

At my current price point a pair cost the stubhub buyer $260 for a pair for me to break even. The price isn't cheap.

I can envision the day when team struggles and the last 7-10 games become exhibition games with exhibition prices.

My tix are now fully priced and I assume going higher.

My point:

Early on this year, Tix are moving slower than I expected. I can only imagine the resale price if the economy turns a bit sluggish or the team falters?
The other problem with selling Gallery seats on Stubhub is that the majority of buyers don't even know what a "Gallery Seat" is. I think more buyers would look at the 1st and 2nd row seats if they were lumped in with all the rest of the 200 level seats. If you search Stubhub by zone and put in 200 corner or center ice the 1st and 2nd row Gallery seats aren't included. You would have to specifically search for Gallery Seats if you even know what they are.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The other problem with selling Gallery seats on Stubhub is that the majority of buyers don't even know what a "Gallery Seat" is.
That's because it's not a real section, only a gimmick name for a couple of rows in the upper bowl to charge more money

I had to get stubhub to add that "section" on the interactive map when the MSG remodelling was done because SH had no idea either what it was

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
The other problem with selling Gallery seats on Stubhub is that the majority of buyers don't even know what a "Gallery Seat" is. I think more buyers would look at the 1st and 2nd row seats if they were lumped in with all the rest of the 200 level seats. If you search Stubhub by zone and put in 200 corner or center ice the 1st and 2nd row Gallery seats aren't included. You would have to specifically search for Gallery Seats if you even know what they are.

You might be right. I really don't know?

What I do know is that board members know what gallery seats are and yet games will sell quicker and for a higher price on Stubhub than on the boards.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Here's my recent experience regarding 2nd row (center) gallery resales.

My face is $104.

Over the course of regular season about a break even (including exhibs).

First two rounds of playoffs small premium. Game 7's decent premium.

Third round decent premium.

SC... the return.

I'm not in the ticket selling business so all I ask is to not lose money on the games I need to sell. So far ok but the margins are gone. Otherwise, I might as well buy individual tix to the games I wish to attend.

A few years ago ... paid $60 for 1st row. No problem selling average $80 net.

At my current price point a pair cost the stubhub buyer $260 for a pair for me to break even. The price isn't cheap.

I can envision the day when team struggles and the last 7-10 games become exhibition games with exhibition prices.

My tix are now fully priced and I assume going higher.

My point:

Early on this year, Tix are moving slower than I expected. I can only imagine the resale price if the economy turns a bit sluggish or the team falters?
Forget the premiums, you would be better off finding a few buyers to take a few games each. Give them a mix of popular/less popular games for face and you wont have to deal with the aggravation. Depending on how many people you get and how many games they take, offer them play-off games too for face. You give them 1 play-off game for face, they will come back for more games the following season.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
You might be right. I really don't know?

What I do know is that board members know what gallery seats are and yet games will sell quicker and for a higher price on Stubhub than on the boards.

because most buyers on here are holding out for a deal. The average buyers go on stubhub knowing they are going to have to pay a bit for their tickets and are willing to do so, or they wouldn't go to stubhub.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
Forget the premiums, you would be better off finding a few buyers to take a few games each. Give them a mix of popular/less popular games for face and you wont have to deal with the aggravation. Depending on how many people you get and how many games they take, offer them play-off games too for face. You give them 1 play-off game for face, they will come back for more games the following season.

I apologize if I misled anyone.

Last year I took in a partner who buys half the season since I wish to avoid the hassle of moving tix.

I attend / give away 10 games so I truly only have about 8-10 games a year that I move.

As a case in point, this year I have 13 games left of which I will only sell at a premium or attend.

I offered 12 on Stubhub at prices I would gladly not attend. Half sold fairly quickly.

In my post I was trying to relate what I believe the tix are worth on a 2ndary market.

In no way was I complaining about my situation.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
because most buyers on here are holding out for a deal. The average buyers go on stubhub knowing they are going to have to pay a bit for their tickets and are willing to do so, or they wouldn't go to stubhub.

True.

Since my tix sell at Stubhub it leads me to believe that the buyers are familiar with the 2nd row gallery.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Hey guys, does anybody know how what the season ticket price is for the west balcony? Last I checked I think it was $65 for last season. Are the stools the same price as the seats up there? I cant seem to find the chart listing all the prices. I know it was in here somewhere.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
anyone looking to go to the viewing party at stout tonight? i have 4 entries. pm me if interested.

edit: taken

Last edited:

419forever

Mar 14, 2008
NJ
My point:

It's pretty simple, because there are more home games left in October than in say, January, the market is worse for resellers in October than January/Feb...WHEN THE TEAM IS GOOD

I've had season tickets since 1999, in the 300's until 06-07 when I moved up to the blueseats (I now sit in 213 upper). During the early months at my price point you can expect to get face for the average weeknight game, to a bit over face for the premier/weekend games.

If the team has any momentum going into December, the rest of the season shoots up in value. If they are looking poorly, then the market takes a nosedive.

As somebody said earlier, the best way to go about getting ST's if you're a reasonable human being with commitments and a budget that does have a limit, is to find a group of people to sell games to, for face, on a regular basis. They buy up your games early on in the year and you're safe from the risk of a Theo Fleury coke binge setting you severely into the red.

They benefit getting a good deal on games, and you benefit by building a network of people that will keep coming back.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Did I miss something? What / where was the viewing party?

The Rangers had a viewing party tonight at Stout for STHs only. Steve Vickers and Stephanne Matteau were present and they had drink specials and gifts. I happened to grab one of the reps off to the side and they were a little annoyed at 4 guys who were a little drunk and acting semi-rowdy. Apparently they got the passes from someone online and were not STHs. This might put an end to these impromptu events that MSG is trying to put together to reward STHs. Apparently this was requested by many during the offseason questionnaire sent out but a few jerks felt that they could either sell the passes or just give them away when this is a STH exclusive party. Anyway it was well worth it as I just finished my last Guinness and hope the Rangers don't penalize the STH that want to attend these events. This is one of the few perks left for STHs.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
The Rangers had a viewing party tonight at Stout for STHs only. Steve Vickers and Stephanne Matteau were present and they had drink specials and gifts. I happened to grab one of the reps off to the side and they were a little annoyed at 4 guys who were a little drunk and acting semi-rowdy. Apparently they got the passes from someone online and were not STHs. This might put an end to these impromptu events that MSG is trying to put together to reward STHs. Apparently this was requested by many during the offseason questionnaire sent out but a few jerks felt that they could either sell the passes or just give them away when this is a STH exclusive party. Anyway it was well worth it as I just finished my last Guinness and hope the Rangers don't penalize the STH that want to attend these events. This is one of the few perks left for STHs.

How did they tell you people about it?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
How did they tell you people about it?

Had to RSVP by email. Maybe you're in a higher tier of STH. With the Knicks I know that when I went over 15K all of a sudden I got invited to all these higher end events. When I downgraded I didn't get those invites. There's no way they could have invited all the STHs to fit in tonight's event. Had to be selective somehow and I bet there's other events I won't get an invite to

Either way pick up the phone tomorrow and follow up with your rep

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I didn't receive an invite, but the guy who sits next to me did, and went. He has gone to several of these viewing parties, so maybe he is just on their mailing list?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I happened to grab one of the reps off to the side and they were a little annoyed at 4 guys who were a little drunk and acting semi-rowdy. Apparently they got the passes from someone online and were not STHs. This might put an end to these impromptu events that MSG is trying to put together to reward STHs.

Again, we live in an age of over reaction. Instead of doing away with these due to 4 people, make sure they are non-transferrable. Check ID's to match the names on the invite.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY

whats the big deal that non STH went? i had 4 passes to go and was going to go, but i got last minute tickets to the game instead. i sent someone who regularly buys my tickets (it was a female so those clowns def werent my people lol), what's wrong with doing that? im sure thats what the person who gave the drunk guys their passes did also.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
whats the big deal that non STH went? i had 4 passes to go and was going to go, but i got last minute tickets to the game instead. i sent someone who regularly buys my tickets (it was a female so those clowns def werent my people lol), what's wrong with doing that? im sure thats what the person who gave the drunk guys their passes did also.

Nothing wrong with it, unless the non-STH are causing a problem.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
What's up with the lack of tickets on StubHub for the Wild game on Monday? A little over 1,000 right now. Just seems really low for this point in time.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
What's up with the lack of tickets on StubHub for the Wild game on Monday? A little over 1,000 right now. Just seems really low for this point in time.

From experience, the first game back from a long road trip is usually in good demand, even if on an early weekday and/or crappy opponent. And in this case the only other game close is the next Saturday.

But irrespective of that, yes you're correct - 1,100 is super low for this point. Prices could easily spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad