Proposal: Rangers Sabres trade proposal

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
There is one asset worth Dahlin and that's McDavid. And due to already having Eichel,RoR and Mittelstadt down the middle the Sabres decline. There has never been a dman like this in modern NHL history. He would be the #1 pick this year if he played forward. He's one of the best prospects in 25 years along with Crosby,McDavid, and Lindros.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I get what you're saying but different tiers of prospects.
No no they aren’t. Even if they are it doesn’t matter. Buffalo doesn’t want to move Dahlin and have no reason to and this proposal and most proposals don’t give them a reason to.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
No no they aren’t. Even if they are it doesn’t matter. Buffalo doesn’t want to move Dahlin and have no reason to and this proposal and most proposals don’t give them a reason to.
Yes, they are.

Dahlin could be a Hedman-esque type Dman.

McDavid is a Crosby-level generational talent.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
No. Dahlin could be a generational talent. They are getting the same amount of hype in their draft years, the difference is that Dahlin is a D and McDavid is a C. That’s about it.
No, they're not.

McDavid had the justified generational hype since he was 14.

I'm not saying Sahlin won't be a franchise-type Dman..I think he will.
But they're not comparable on a prospect scale just as Matthews isn't to McDavid and I'm a Leafs fan.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
No, they're not.

McDavid had the justified generational hype since he was 14.

I'm not saying Sahlin won't be a franchise-type Dman..I think he will.
But they're not comparable on a prospect scale just as Matthews isn't to McDavid and I'm a Leafs fan.
Great. Dahlin is to Buffalo as Mcdavid is to Edmonton so for better or worse McDavid is the only piece that Buffalo will move Dahlin for so it doesn’t really matter.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Great. Dahlin is to Buffalo as Mcdavid is to Edmonton so for better or worse McDavid is the only piece that Buffalo will move Dahlin for so it doesn’t really matter.
GMJE would never share the spotlight with McDavid.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Curious about what other fans think of this proposal

From NY Rangers
Kreider
Zibanejad
All 3 firsts this year (9,26,28)

From Buffalo Sabres
Ryan O’Reilly
This years #1 pick

I think there is no chance that Buffalo is going to deal Dahlin. Even in a "hey, hypothetically..." type a thing.... it's just silly to bring up.

Aim smaller.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Never heard that "GMJE" jibe before. Did you come up with that on your own?

And if Dahlin were Canadian, and played in the junior leagues there, you would have heard a lot more about him.
I did! I didn't trademark it so you can use it.

No, it wouldn't have mattered. This is the age of social media and instant information at your finger tips. He will be an elite D and I wish him well but he's not the McD of Dmen.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I did! I didn't trademark it so you can use it.

No, it wouldn't have mattered. This is the age of social media and instant information at your finger tips. He will be an elite D and I wish him well but he's not the McD of Dmen.

And yet one hall of fame defenseman, and a future one as well, have both said he is better than them at the same age. I'll be happy taking their opinions.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
How often has the 1OA pick been traded knowing it’s 1OA???. The last time was PIT trading up from 3 to 1 to draft a goalie.

Has any team been able to trade from 6-19 into 2-4?? No

On top of that buffalos biggest need us admen yet your offer are 2 older forwards.,those 2 and 9 shouldn’t get you ROR alone.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
This proposal is Montreal-level bad. Congratulations, I didn’t think anybody else could reach that degree of putrid but you’ve managed to pull it off.

Reactions: minisharkpanther

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Curious about what other fans think of this proposal

From NY Rangers
Kreider
Zibanejad
All 3 firsts this year (9,26,28)

From Buffalo Sabres
Ryan O’Reilly
This years #1 pick

WOW! You give up Dahlin and ROR for that package? Many 20-30 picks turn into either Non-NHL'ers or just ordinary/average ones. You get two decent forwards, 9th and two shots in the dark, for a pretty good center and what is supposed to be a Franchise Defenceman! Bad for Buffalo, NYR would take this all day everyday.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Kreider, Zibs, 9th OA for ROR is as stupid as the OP

Bullshit. First, I didn't say the 9th OA. But even if I did, it wouldn't be crazy. Look at the history of draft picks in the 8-10 spot. There are as many misses as hits. Two middle six centers for a first line, 27 year old center signed for five years. And Buffalo's adding cap? Yeah, Something decent is getting added.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Sabres fans are really cocky and arrogant it seems. Tell me what exactly has your franchise accomplished? Every star player you get or draft can’t wait to leave.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Bull****. First, I didn't say the 9th OA. But even if I did, it wouldn't be crazy. Look at the history of draft picks in the 8-10 spot. There are as many misses as hits. Two middle six centers for a first line, 27 year old center signed for five years. And Buffalo's adding cap? Yeah, Something decent is getting added.
Kreider isn’t a center. Know your hockey please

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Whatever. A middle six center and a middle six winger. Happy now?
Yes. A 2nd line center a borderline top line winger both in their mid 20s and a pick that should be a core player if you draft well for ROR a borderline 1 center most likely a 2 making 7 million? The Rangers laugh and hang up

Reactions: BerlinBlueShirt

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kreider, Zibanejad, and a first might put you in contention for O'Reilly, adding the 26th and 28th doesn't get you Dahlin.
no ... and yes.
I would rather have Kreider than ROR easily.
Zib is closer, but I prefer the righty shot zib.
Not to say ROR is not a stud, or even chopped liver, but he commands neither guy, let alone both, or both +.

However, Dahlin is being hyped as Bobby Orr lite --- to start. It is possible to some extent that might be hyperbole, but that is also an assumption. There is more reason to believe, at this stage, he more or less is that good, than it be likely he is not.

Not interested in ROR. Esp at any perceived demand.

Dahlin I would consider massive overpay through the roof, more than a Lindros type offer, but I don't see BUF going there. Sabres will move other pieces and retain Dahlin and Eichel, anchors of D and F respectively.

Sabes had suck ass season, they deserve to have gotten percentage win for top lottery slot.

Enjoy.

This is bernmiester bad.....
I do not even vaguely resemble that remark, so forget the adage about stones and glass houses.

I do not shy away from creative or outside the box props, and some don't get that. Apparently that includes you.

Unless Sabes acquire a different 2018 1st in addition, the first opportunity for realistic discussion is
Sabes 2018 2nd [32OA]
for
Rangers 2019 2nd + DeAngelo + Spooner

gives Rangers instant pick and Sabes 1 yr delayed gratification same round, statistically not as high, but 2 pieces to use now as compensation for, adding depth to Buf roster.

INFORMED criticism is always fair game and welcomed by the open mind. Your ad hominem retort is not.

Reactions: minisharkpanther

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Sabres fans are really cocky and arrogant it seems. Tell me what exactly has your franchise accomplished? Every star player you get or draft can’t wait to leave.

The offer in the OP is borderline insulting to the Sabres. When other people tell you the original offer is borderline insulting, you then go after the whole franchise? Stay classy, dude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad