Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Based on the couple games I've seen parts of this season, and the scouting reports, I'd definitely say he has "boom" potential. Big, strong, skates pretty good, good offensive instincts. Still raw in terms of fully understanding where he needs to be and what he needs to do, but he had a good Freshman season and will be well-served playing NCAA hockey for another three years. He's a guy that could fail to develop further or really take off and turn into more of a high-end type.

can't say it any better than this...love where he's at for where we got him and looks like he's on a great track. stalling out the biggest risk but has a lot of qualities that offer hope for a grand slam here. have to be over the moon over his assimilation to high end ncaa hockey coming from a pretty mediocre league.

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
You guuuuyyyyss. You're making me feel a little better after today with all the nice things you're saying about Barron. I thought he held his own with how talented this BU team is. I'd say his biggest weakness right now is his defensive game, but that's something that will come with time especially in a college system. I'd also like to see him shoot more. He tended to defer to his linemates a bit too much instead of using his strength and getting to the net. Otherwise I'm very happy with how his freshman campaign went. I'm pretty hopeful he'll be an impact guy for us(Cornell) the next few years.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Really getting excited about this kid.
It's really weird how he always finds his way on the stat sheet, and always finds his way getting big time goals. I try to be an analytic person so I'm not super high on him because of his shooting ability, but he's got something maybe I can't put a finger on, or maybe he's figuring it out (shooting wise) IDK.

Reactions: Rongomania

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Game 2 for Ronning in the playoffs just started about 5-10 minutes ago. He just had a hell of a scoring chance stopped by a great effort from Victoria goalie Griffen Outhouse (poor kid :laugh:)

TSN Vancouver 1410

(Giants radio feed. You can also pay for a video webcast with synced radio audio from the WHL's streaming service)

Apparently they have not seen Lakatos play ever. He has only played on the wing the last few years

I can't speak to previous Rangers material, but from a Sharks perspective THW's quality/coverage/understanding tends to be... let's go with "questionable"

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
It's really weird how he always finds his way on the stat sheet, and always finds his way getting big time goals. I try to be an analytic person so I'm not super high on him because of his shooting ability, but he's got something maybe I can't put a finger on, or maybe he's figuring it out (shooting wise) IDK.

Sound like a former Ranger center now playing in the desert much?

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Hajek and Regina won 2-1. Series now tied at 1. He had no points and 4 PIMS.

Howden and Moose Jaw won in OT 3-2. Howden had 2 goals and 2 PIMS. Series tied at 1.

Ronning and Vancouver lost 5-4. Believe Vancouver is down 2-0. Ronning had an assist and 2 PIMS.

Day and Kingston didn't play yesterday. They look to even the series 1-1 today at 6pm.

None of the WHL players have games today.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Sound like a former Ranger center now playing in the desert much?
Stepan's scouting report was better than Howden when each were drafted IIRC. But either way, I like Howden as a player, he's just not the best shooter, but if that part of his game grows, we STEAL this trade. He's projected as a bottom 6 forward because of his shot, if it improves at all, he can make his way toward that top 6.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Stepan's scouting report was better than Howden when each were drafted IIRC. But either way, I like Howden as a player, he's just not the best shooter, but if that part of his game grows, we STEAL this trade. He's projected as a bottom 6 forward because of his shot, if it improves at all, he can make his way toward that top 6.

He can't be much worse of a shooter than Stepan.

Speedtrials

May 31, 2006
BB
This should be the best center depth the Rangers have had in years with, Zibanejad, and then Chytil, Anderson, and Howden competing for spots. Really like what Gordan is doing building depth down the middle and the defense.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
He can't be much worse of a shooter than Stepan.

I'm thinking the same thing. He's got 64 goals in his last two seasons (109 GP) which is pretty solid for someone who's primarily a playmaker. Then again, I haven't watched a ton of him and production in juniors more often than not is not a good indicator of production at the pro level. Although he did have 3 goals in his short stint of 5 games in the AHL

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Eh, I'm not terribly impressed by that move from Howden. That's just him taking advantage of laughably bad CHL defending. That's not going to fly at the NHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad