Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Pittsburgh 4/16/16 3:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
I feel pretty calm. Go out and win a hockey game. Go back home 1-1. We would have all singed up for that. Or don't win, I don't really give a bleep anymore

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
What is Sullivan doing?

Sestito is their intangible guy and he's not dressing

Malkin can not be a 3rd liner, they are not going to break up their lines that have been playing well to fit Malkin into the top 6?

Like double shifting Crosby once in a while to get a favorable match-up is a good idea.

The ignoramus even has two rookies playing in a playoff game, Sheary and Kuhnhackl. Doesn't he know rookies can have no positive impact on a game.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
What is Sullivan doing?

Sestito is their intangible guy and he's not dressing

Malkin can not be a 3rd liner, they are not going to break up their lines that have been playing well to fit Malkin into the top 6?

Like double shifting Crosby once in a while to get a favorable match-up is a good idea.

The ignoramus even has two rookies playing in a playoff game, Sheary and Kuhnhackl. Doesn't he know rookies can have no positive impact on a game.

If anything, you DO NOT break up Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Yeah, watching Bishop flopping around and being visibly nervous and shaky in period 1 of Game 7 and not be tested at all was one of the most infuriating things ever. Guy was falling down on routine shots and overplaying every angle. He was ripe to have a couple early ones put in on him. But we didn't even test him.

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/tbl-...e_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=plays

5 shots in the first period. Only 22 in the whole game.

Alright boys, I have a confession to make. Legitimate true story. Still haunts me to this day.

Last year, May 28th 2015 (one day before Game 7 vs TB), I was at public hockey with a buddy of mine. He's a goalie and you guys know how goalies are. His initials are PK (this will be important later). He knows I'm a big Rangers fan.

Well, at the end of the session, he asks me if I wanted to come again tomorrow. Says he wanted to show me some hockey related things he's been experimenting with. I sort of had prior obligations for the 29th, but I probably could have made it. I'm telling him I can't, I might be busy tomorrow, etc. He keeps on pushing me to come on the 29th. I tell him I just don't feel like it.

He then says, "If you don't come tomorrow, I'm putting a curse on the Rangers for Game 7." I'm thinking, "This is BS. I just don't feel like going. Have some things to do. Just don't know if I can make it."

So I end up not going to public hockey on the 29th. All day, I'm thinking about when he said "I'm putting a curse on the Rangers for Game 7." What the hell does that even mean? At the same time, my mind is on the game all day. Barely accomplished anything. Just waiting for that puck to drop, but in the back of my mind, that curse thing was bothering me. I was thinking, "Should I have gone for the hell of it? Bah, this curse thing is a bunch of BS anyway. Rangers are going to win."

Well, as we know the Rangers did not go on to win. They lost 2-0. The creepy part: The two goal scorers for TB in that game: Killorn and Palat. PK. The goalies initials are also PK. The "curse" was real.

Legitimate true story.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Alright boys, I have a confession to make. Legitimate true story. Still haunts me to this day.

Last year, May 28th 2015 (one day before Game 7 vs TB), I was at public hockey with a buddy of mine. He's a goalie and you guys know how goalies are. His initials are PK (this will be important later). He knows I'm a big Rangers fan.

Well, at the end of the session, he asks me if I wanted to come again tomorrow. Says he wanted to show me some hockey related things he's been experimenting with. I sort of had prior obligations for the 29th, but I probably could have made it. I'm telling him I can't, I might be busy tomorrow, etc. He keeps on pushing me to come on the 29th. I tell him I just don't feel like it.

He then says, "If you don't come tomorrow, I'm putting a curse on the Rangers for Game 7." I'm thinking, "This is BS. I just don't feel like going. Have some things to do. Just don't know if I can make it."

So I end up not going to public hockey on the 29th. All day, I'm thinking about when he said "I'm putting a curse on the Rangers for Game 7." What the hell does that even mean? At the same time, my mind is on the game all day. Barely accomplished anything. Just waiting for that puck to drop, but in the back of my mind, that curse thing was bothering me. I was thinking, "Should I have gone for the hell of it? Bah, this curse thing is a bunch of BS anyway. Rangers are going to win."

Well, as we know the Rangers did not go on to win. They lost 2-0. The creepy part: The two goal scorers for TB in that game: Killorn and Palat. PK. The goalies initials are also PK. The "curse" was real.

Legitimate true story.

tumblr_nubxnzT98i1tswyjoo1_500.gif

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Legitimate true story.

Don't beat yourself up. We would've got rocked by Chicago anyway. But anyway: BURN THE WITCH!!

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Legitimate true story.

:cry:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
If Malkin and Fluery play, but Lundqvist doesn't, about the only positive thing I'll have left to hold on to is the fact they're not really eliminated until they actually lose 4 games.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
We REALLY needed to win game 1 with Zatkoff in net and Malkin out.

Malkin coming back and them putting him on his own line makes the Pens better in every way. Plus their one weak(er) area right now, the PP, will now be rejuvenated with Malkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad