Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Pittsburgh 4/16/16 3:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
very interested to see what the combo's will be at prax.

Enough is enough. The leash has been long enough. Its time for Girardi to sit.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
Get in the goalie's face - whoever it is. Enough of the lack of traffic around the crease. I'm sick of watching the soft game on opposing goalies. Game 5 and 7 of last year's ECF haunts me, and last game reminded me of those games.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Get in the goalie's face - whoever it is. Enough of the lack of traffic around the crease. I'm sick of watching the soft game on opposing goalies. Game 5 and 7 of last year's ECF haunts me, and last game reminded me of those games.

Yeah, watching Bishop flopping around and being visibly nervous and shaky in period 1 of Game 7 and not be tested at all was one of the most infuriating things ever. Guy was falling down on routine shots and overplaying every angle. He was ripe to have a couple early ones put in on him. But we didn't even test him.

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/tbl-...e_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=plays

5 shots in the first period. Only 22 in the whole game.

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
If Lundqvist doesnt practice today it will be Raanta tomorrow. He is capable of doing the job. But it comes down to the defense in front whether Hank was in net or not. Girardi needs to sit in the press box.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
If Lundqvist doesnt practice today it will be Raanta tomorrow. He is capable of doing the job. But it comes down to the defense in front whether Hank was in net or not. Girardi needs to sit in the press box.

I'm not sure thats true. They will still have an AM skate tomorrow where Hank could face some live shots and test things out. Guess we'll see.

I doubt hes on the ice today, but I dont think that means hes out for tomorrow.

And yes, its more about the guys in front of Hank.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
I'm not sure thats true. They will still have an AM skate tomorrow where Hank could face some live shots and test things out. Guess we'll see.

The game is at 3PM tomorrow, I highly doubt there will be a morning skate tomorrow.

That said, I still think even if he doesn't practice today he could play tomorrow, I think it is all gamesmanship...

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

Maybe someone can provide the quote, but AV said that if Hank didn't practice today he wasn't going to play tomorrow.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Not optimistic at all. The same problems that plagued us for more than half of the season were at the forefront in Game 1. AV needs to make some serious adjustments (you know he wont), most importantly getting McIlrath in for Girardi (HAHAHAHA you idiot no chance that happens).

Good teams make you pay for your mistakes, and that is exactly what the Pens did on their first 4 goals. 3 of the 4 were mistakes made by Girardi.

The problems aren't going to go away, no matter what day of the week it is.

The biggest no-no in hockey is giving up a goal in the final minute of a period. The Rangers did that TWICE. In one game. In a playoff game. That tells me everything I need to know about this team and it's coach.

I honestly think we are going to get swept. I thought it before the series and I think it even more after a.) not being able to take advantage of Zatkoff, b.) Malkin is coming back and c.) losing Lundqvist. No Malkin and Fleury and you're not able to to steal that game. Pshh good luck.

And I don't want to hear about "LOL Playoffz Fleury". He has turned that corner and was probably the best player for either team in last year's series.

edit: I see Lundqvist is out there for practice. The 1st goal is whatever AV should've pulled him right then and there when he got hurt. You could see his eye was already starting to swell up, he was bound to let one in.

The 2nd goal a Crosby breakaway, nobody is stopping that.

The 3rd goal was scored on a 2-on-1 shorthanded goal. Yep they gave up a 2-on-1 shorthanded rush.

Neither of those goals were on the goalie and probably would've been scored regardless who was in net. And that's the game. 2 of 3 goals that would've been scored on any goalie in the universe. 3 goals to our 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad