Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ icelanders Thursday 2/16 @ 7:00 EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
On what planet do 21 year olds get the same leeway, respect, and trust as a 27 28 30 year old with experience on the job that management counts on to deliver?

Hockey is no different. You earn your leash length in anything in this life. This kid is a third round pick. Show up and play hard and right or you can sit. AV owes him nothing.

Dan Girardi has given his soul to this organization and has won a lot of games. Forgive me for thinking he should get a longer leash than a 21 year old kid who showed up to camp So out of shape he had to take 2 month conditioning break. Enough already.

He can sit and learn and he'll get right back in and when he does he better be prepared to play at a high level or he can sit again

Wait...you don't think "the man" is just keeping a Russian brutha down?!?

Have you seen what AV has been doing in his spare time trying to keep McIlrath off off Florida's roster too?

No wonder he can't make the lines exactly like the 50 iterations in the GDT. He spends all his time killing careers.

man-stick.jpg

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Wait...you don't think "the man" is just keeping a Russian brutha down?!?

Have you seen what AV has been doing in his spare time trying to keep McIlrath off off Florida's roster too?

No wonder he can't make the lines exactly like the 50 iterations in the GDT. He spends all his time killing careers.

man-stick.jpg

I want to know how he convinced the entire league to pass him up for free.. twice!!

The entire league is ignoring an NHL caliber player, amazing! :sarcasm:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Just a heads up, your analyses of Stepan are awful. Might wanna reassess your evaluation methods.

Sorry i actually watch the game and expect the correct things out of our supposed #1 center instead of your delusional "analysis" like he can do no wrong and is leading the team into the playoffs.

6+ mill for a guy on pace for like 55 points, who makes our PP worse instead of better (and MANY people agree on this, dont waste time with excuses), doesn't lead in any offensive category and has had multiple games this season where he has been completely invisible.

but pleas keep telling yourself how he's clutch and plays against the other teams top guys so he's playing great.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm going to look at things with the glass half full which apparently is a tad different than most from my reading of this thread:

A) Buch had a bad game vs the BJ's. Maybe even his worst game in his "entire" 24 game career Big *** deal...it happens. Guess what peeps? He's healthy and is in the lineup. Does anyone remember that that was a big ****ing deal once upon a time with us on the board?

I think alot of us have short memories. Well I don't. It was only a month ago when some in here were actually going so far as to wondering if Buch was going to have a short career due to his back issues he was having. Well apparently Ranger brass did the right thing and kept him out for a month or so so his back could get stronger some extra conditioning and such. Whatever, Buch had a bad game...**** happens. He's healthy folks...HEALTHY. To repeat does anyone recall that was a big deal? Maybe he's still not 100% and still is working himself into true game shape. Let him play on the 4th line for a bit and earn his way up to a top 6 slot. That's not such a bad thing in my book.

B) Vesey has been sketchy the past month. Let's be honest. Looks to me like he hit a wall and now the past 4-5 games he looks like he's gotten a 2nd wind and has earned a top 6-9 spot. That's a good thing.

There are 90% of the teams in hockey who would love to have the supposed "problem" we are having with the jockeying of either Vesey or Buch in their top 6-9. Seriously sometimes I think alot of peeps in here don't look outside the box and realize how spoiled we are. We have an embarrassment of riches. All you have to do is if you get a chance, go read the Islander,Debbie and even Pens or Caps "around the league" threads they have on their boards which I happen to peruse time from time to read the perspective of other teams in the league, who laugh at us that we are having these perceived
"issues" we are supposedly having.

It's laugh our loud funny what we complain about on our board at time...it really is. Another repeat from me, 90% of the teams in the league would love to have the "problems" we have....lol

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Not worth the risk. The amount of people that would have to be involved to consistently manipulate ice conditions depending on the opponent would not be easy to keep quiet.

i believe that you are in on the conspiracy. who sent you here!?!?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I thought this was a transition year? A year to let our young players play through their growing pains?

It's nice that we're allowing Vesey to do this. Would be great if we let PB do it, too.

We are obviously NOT going through such "transition" and AV needs him to be better......just look at the results with Kreids, JT, Hayes, and Skeji.(ongoing)
Vesey got demoted to 4th as he at least wasnt a total liability, has to earn his minutes.
Not playing well is one thing, skating around with no purpose there is no excuse for. being a liability by taking bad penalties, taking big chances with passes......just accompanies everything else......time to sit, watch and think.

I am TOTALLY okay with this. Jeez, some people just don't get it.
It is NOT his God given right to get ice time. Sending a message and therefore hopefully lighting a fire.......well, (unless he is a wuss and cries to Mommy) is a good thing.

Team is top 5 in the NHL and you're upset that it's no longer considered a transition year? Nobody called it that other than posters on hf.

Having said that The kids have been given every opportunity. Buch started the game in the top 6 and was so bad he was a liability even on the 4th line.

Matt Puempel is what 23? He's played very well why should he not get a shot when Buch plays a game that badly?

Good point and he absolutely deserves a shot.....played very well before injury. It is AV's J.O.B. to put his best team on ice, even though we may not agree most of time. Please no Dan or Marc jokes.

The only thing I don't get is that Vesey had been struggling for quite a while now and still got fed consistent 2nd line minutes, whereas Buch was struggling for much shorter time and gets scratched the moment he had an outwardly poor game. The leashes are different lengths.

Again, although I am very okay this decision.....Maybe, just maybe AV has no choice because he cannot GET THROUGH to him because of language transition?

Vesey graduated from Harvard, understands EVERYTHING AV says and what he wants from him........I'm not saying he is stupid but maybe, just maybe Buch doesn't for obvious reasons? Just wondering.

Btw, I think we come out storming. Have to protect Hank early and let him get in the groove. Lets continue their demise from last game.

Still say Nasher going to go on one of his hot streaks.

Maybe cause Buch doesn't speak english AV has to bop him on the nose in the middle of a bad act in order for Buch to get the message :dunno:

Didn't see this one by CREASE, I swear....lol. Great minds think alike.:yo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Sorry Gardner. Wasnt able to delete duplicate post, so had to fill in. Lol.
Thanks for tidying up the place. I'm a hot mess. Lol.

6p7ib3V.gif

Somebody give me a good objective reason that Vesey stayed in the lineup the entire months of December and January, nay, got BUMPED TO THE TOP LINE, after those performances, and I'll chill.

Until then, I reserve the right to continue this 'freak out'

1929016_o.gif

Are you implying that AV is prejudice? Its been mentioned that we were severly injured as a team and maybe AV felt he had no choice but to put him on the 4th as opposed to sitting him as he wasnt a TOTAL liability and would probably work well enough with Fast and Pirri at the time.

AV has sat ALL of our kids except Vesey. Even Zuccha way back when.

Did Zucc score a goal because he got benched, or did Zucc score a goal because he's Zucc and he's really good at hockey? I'd argue the latter, you the former.

Just like when Buch gets back into the lineup, if he plays a good game, it's likely not because he was benched, but because Buch is really good at hockey.

Agree, but also just that little bit of PUSH, just a bit of smokdering fire that needed to be lit.

Nash and Vesey play really well together. some reason Vesey looks so alive and fresh with Nash but other games without him has looked slow and MIA. Lets hope the chemistry can last and continue to pay dividends

True. Just wondering, has anyone notice that just about every time that Buch has the puck he is JUST looking for Nasher? Maybe its me, but maybe he and Vesey look up to Nasher TOO MUCH, where they feel they "have to" pass to Nash even though it may not always be the "correct pass". Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Okay here is the ultimate reverse jinx.

Rangers UNDEFEATED in Feb. 6-0 21GF, 12GA
Islanders coming off 7-1 embarrassment, rebound game.
Hank 4 days rest.
Won 8 of 9 road games, dating back to Dec.29th,
Haven't lost a road game in over a month! (Montreal Jan.14th)
No Buch
Powerless Power Play
Halak is a Ranger killer

There is just NO WAY we leave Brooklyn with 2 points.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
If it were Glass coming in and bumping someone from the line-up, I'd get the freak out, I'd freak out if that were the case. I think I did freak out over the past two years due to it.

This is a little different. PB has not been playing very well, they have other somewhat talented players to try to insert into the line-up.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Only conspiracy I know of is the world not letting me date Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
He is coming back just for tonight. Just a Cameo.

"Welp, we're playing the Rangers soon, and we want to make sure we beat them. How do we do it?"

"Who's starting for them?"

"Lundqvist."

"Oh, then just call up Halak from Bridgeport and start him. Easy W."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad