Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Yeah no doubt the guy with almost 40 points more than the next highest guy isn't their best player. Sure bud

Contrary to your beliefs, the best player doesn't have to be a forward.

If the Leafs were asked to remove one player from the game - no one is taking Pastrnak over Swayman.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

mobilus

Five and a game
Jan 6, 2009
high slot
Leafs are the most praised and scrutinized team in Canada. the media hypes them up to unrealistic status and if someone has to poops frequently the all turn against them.
I’m going to need some examples of the media hyping them at all let alone to unrealistic status.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Or you know maybe I watch every Bruins game to come to my conclusion? Crazy concept right....

You can feel however you want.

Swayman/Marchand/DeBrusk have all significantly outplayed Pastrnak this series.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
You can feel however you want.

Swayman and Marchand have both significantly outplayed Pastrnak this series.
Clearly I'm talking about the larger sample size of an entire season where Pasta is easily their most valuable player and not who has been more valuable in a 5 game sample.

But I'm done with this convo, I'd have a better chance conversing with the wall to the right of me

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Clearly I'm talking about the larger sample size of an entire season where Pasta is easily their most valuable player and not who has been more valuable in a 5 game sample.

But I'm done with this convo, I'd have a better chance conversing with the wall to the right of me

Since we're talking about larger sample size:

Imagine having a 98 point forward and a 69 goal scorer both removed from the opponents lineup while you're the higher seed and you're only up 1 game heading to the road.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Amazing how the Leafs game plan was to physically go after literally the smallest guy on either roster, and then complain to the refs and the press that he goes down too easy after he doesn't draw calls.

Marchand is the one who initiates everything. He doesn't get chased around.

Marchand initiates everything, flops, and then looks at the ref for a call.

He made the linesman look like a linebacker because he thought it was a Leafs player with that flop:

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Since we're talking about larger sample size:

Imagine having a 98 point forward and a 69 goal scorer both removed from the opponents lineup while you're the higher seed and you're only up 1 game heading to the road.
It's not like those two do anything in the playoffs.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I’m glad you acknowledge defence attention. You must realize how much of an advantage Boston then has with either Matthews or Nylander out every game this series.

Here’s the video:

Doesn’t look like Pastrnak was scared to take a penalty against Rielly. Knies shows up and says try that with me and Pastrnak doesn’t move an inch.

Knies then goes on to score the game winner. You love to see it.

Wow, a team's top offense threat doesn't want to risk getting injured in a pointless scrum after a whistle. Especially after getting injured in the 1st period of game 1 against Florida last season. Who'd have thought?

I didn't see he and Marchand fist bump before entering in the scrum. Hilarious :laugh: Obviously they were just trying to aggitate and draw a penalty. Big old nothing-burger of a story as usual 🙄

Reactions: HabzSauce

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Wow, a team's top offense threat doesn't want to risk getting injured in a pointless scrum after a whistle. Especially after getting injured in the 1st period of game 1 against Florida last season. Who'd have thought?

I didn't see he and Marchand fist bump before entering in the scrum. Hilarious :laugh: Obviously they were just trying to aggitate and draw a penalty. Big old nothing-burger of a story as usual 🙄

He was going after Rielly.

The Bruins took a penalty on that scrum and they were fist bumping. It was a really strange sequence, almost like they were celebrating getting away with more.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
It's simple. If you don't want to play that game then don't start it. But once you start it, you are made to look weak when you get laughed off the ice
You can laugh all you want when eventually it draws a powerplay for the Bruins. Enjoy your "stupid" hockey being goaded into taking dumb penalties. The Leafs can't do the same because their powerplay has been pathetic. 5.9% powerplay 🤣

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

He made the linesman look like a linebacker because he thought it was a Leafs player with that flop:

Eh literally to start the series all marchand did was come to the faceoff circle and was already taking slashes and crosschecks

So in that sense id say Toronto initiated marchand.

Reactions: BB79

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
He was going after Rielly.

The Bruins took a penalty on that scrum and they were fist bumping. It was a really strange sequence, almost like they were celebrating getting away with more.
They were fistbumping before getting involved the scum.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

I was really hoping you were going to say "Marchand initiates everything" a third time like a proper crazy person.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Eh literally to start the series all marchand did was come to the faceoff circle and was already taking slashes and crosschecks

So in that sense id say Toronto initiated marchand.

Domi does that to everyone. It’s not exclusive to Marchand.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
You can laugh all you want when eventually it draws a powerplay for the Bruins. Enjoy your "stupid" hockey being goaded into taking dumb penalties. The Leafs can't do the same because their powerplay has been pathetic. 5.9% powerplay 🤣

Yeah their PP hasn't been acceptable quite frankily. If it was even average this series is already won by Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad