Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ icelanders Thursday 2/16 @ 7:00 EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Heave Ho Seven in a Row!!!

lucky-7-slots-large.jpg

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The ice conditions would most certainly be better on Pluto. Both places would be devoid of life and can suck the life right out of you.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Going to the Devils/Sens game but will be sure to follow along via the GDT. Any good eats at The Rock?

On topic, glad the Islanders are making a late season push. These games are more fun when both teams are in playoff contention and I've got tickets to the March matchup.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Going to the Devils/Sens game but will be sure to follow along via the GDT. Any good eats at The Rock?

On topic, glad the Islanders are making a late season push. These games are more fun when both teams are in playoff contention and I've got tickets to the March matchup.

In the arena their chicken strips are nice.

Also Dino BBQ is right next door.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Couldn't believe Isles effort against Leafs given their relative playoff position but they clearly do play better st home and always against the Rangers. Hopefully Rangers don't overlook this game because of Caps on Saturday.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Islanders are going to be pissed about last night.

We probably lose this one.

Hope I'm wrong

Could go either way. I think the Islanders little surge they had is over, and they are back down to earth. Last night was a bad loss for them, not just the score, but would have been in a WC spot if they won.

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
No matter where the teams are in the standings, the Islanders are usually a nightmare for the Rangers. At least lately. Maybe it's because I am a Ranger fan but for some reason, they never seem to get up for this game like the Islanders do (last couple of years). The fact that the Islanders lost scares me more as they need this game to stay within the wildcard race. Have we won a game in Brooklyn yet? Let's hope for the best!

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
No matter where the teams are in the standings, the Islanders are usually a nightmare for the Rangers. At least lately. Maybe it's because I am a Ranger fan but for some reason, they never seem to get up for this game like the Islanders do (last couple of years). The fact that the Islanders lost scares me more as they need this game to stay within the wildcard race. Have we won a game in Brooklyn yet? Let's hope for the best!

No different than during the latter part of the dark ages when we were a borderline playoff team year after year and yet we would routinely wax the Islanders. When you aren't very good, sometimes the only victories you get are the small ones from beating your successful rivals.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
No different than during the latter part of the dark ages when we were a borderline playoff team year after year and yet we would routinely wax the Islanders. When you aren't very good, sometimes the only victories you get are the small ones from beating your successful rivals.

ah I remember the Messier-Blake game like it was yesterday. Saw an Islander fan get hit in the face with a pretzel.

good times

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
This is the cheapest islanders rangers game in a while and I'm not even going. That's ok tho Barclays sucks anyways

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
You act surprised, we're talking about the master of craptastic roster decisions.

Id rather PB play but its not the end of the world to have him watch a game and light some extra fire in him.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Did anyone watch Buchnevich without their rose colored glasses on? He was a liability out there against Columbus. Hard to blame AV here. Kid is a rookie he can use a few nights off to watch and learn.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I thought this was a transition year? A year to let our young players play through their growing pains?

It's nice that we're allowing Vesey to do this. Would be great if we let PB do it, too.

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
Good point Gardner

I think we went 6-0 against them in 2003-04. Last year was frustrating. This would be a nice win there.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I thought this was a transition year? A year to let our young players play through their growing pains?

It's nice that we're allowing Vesey to do this. Would be great if we let PB do it, too.

We have been allowing our rookies growing pains be it Brady, Vesey, or PB. They have stayed with the club through their growing pains. With that said this team is playing to win. Posters on HF calling it a transition year is meaningless. AV doesn't call it a transition year. Neither does management.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Team is top 5 in the NHL and you're upset that it's no longer considered a transition year? Nobody called it that other than posters on hf.

Having said that The kids have been given every opportunity. Buch started the game in the top 6 and was so bad he was a liability even on the 4th line.

Matt Puempel is what 23? He's played very well why should he not get a shot when Buch plays a game that badly?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

To be fair, Vesey and Skjei were both healthy scratched this season and Buch wasn't.

Though it is really frustrating for AV to not give him any extended chances to stay in the top 9.

But Buch was really bad Monday night in a game where AV started him with Nash-Zibanejad. So it's not like it's out of nowhere. Hopefully he can watch from up top and get motivated and draw back in next game.

I wish Puempel could play center, I like his game better than Oscar's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad