Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ icelanders Thursday 2/16 @ 7:00 EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
When was Vesey a healthy scratch? I know he missed a game for an upper-body injury, but he's been in the lineup every game he's been healthy enough to be in the lineup.

I think people are reading into my posts conclusions that aren't there.

In summary:

I'm thrilled that AV is willing to continue giving Vesey all these chances.

I just want him to do the same for PB.

That's all.

I slightly disagree; I am frustrated that Vesey is trotted out in the top-6 and often a PP unit despite being largely ineffective this season. I wonder how much is optics / handshake agreement due to the negotiating process.

EDIT - should have kept reading, saw Crease basically posted the same thing...

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Nash and Vesey play really well together. some reason Vesey looks so alive and fresh with Nash but other games without him has looked slow and MIA. Lets hope the chemistry can last and continue to pay dividends

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I slightly disagree; I am frustrated that Vesey is trotted out in the top-6 and often a PP unit despite being largely ineffective this season. I wonder how much is optics / handshake agreement due to the negotiating process.

My guess is very little if anything. I'd be shocked if Gorton, Slats, or AV promised this kid he would play top 6 (if at all). Once Vesey signed his deal he lost all power. The Rangers could play him, not play him or trade him if they like. They would not sacrifice 70 mill worth of players to please a rookie. Their jobs are on the line so they play to win.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The ice conditions would most certainly be better on Pluto. Both places would be devoid of life and can suck the life right out of you.

i think opposing teams raise the ice temp a little when the Rangers come into their buildings. To slow down the Rangers. Am I just being paranoid??

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Usual suspects are out, they are smarter than our head coach.

Why is Buch above sitting? He was horrible on Monday and took a bad penalty.

Ridiculous freakouts here, par for the course.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

I don't believe this conspiracy since Vesey did spend some time on the lower lines. AV probably felt that even with struggling Vesey the team overall was better with him slated next to Stepan and Nash. Plus it appropriately was viewed that it would help him regain his earlier form sooner. Now he has had a solid stretch of 3-4 games in the row and in the last one he was very impressive. In this case I don't care about accountability issue since we are not talking about removing Glass from the lineup or a permanent spot there for G and Klein regardless of anything. If Butch sits I'm not upset because Vesey didn't and was given different treatment to regain a form.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Vesey has been performing better than Buch in the last few games, even in the diminished roles.

There is literally no issue with Buch sitting out for one game.

Mordeth

Sep 18, 2015
First of all, Buch has not been struggling as much as being said here... After the injury he was abit off at first, then he got back into a groove, but now he is back to being worse then before. Which in my eyes gives AV a perfectly good option to let him rest and maybe light a fire under him. But he's not been dreadful..

Whatever happens to Vesey should not affect what happens to Buch. Two different people who need two different approaches, so why we are talking about them as they are the same is beyond me. Maybe the coach sees Vesey as the kind of player that needs to play through rough spots and Buch as the guy who needs a game off. We don't see these guys every day, at practice. And we don't speak to them and know the inside facts.

So please step back from the ledge. Lets look forward to seeing Puemple or Pirri and the game instead.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Once again, we do not know what goes on behind closed doors or in practice. Maybe Vesey is still playing great in practice and AV is pushing him to consistently translate it to the big stage. Whereas maybe Buch has been iffy in practice and equally iffy on the big stage.

Maybe Buch has just shown that he is feeling sore, or told the trainers he is still hurting a bit and we are giving him appropriate rest without essentially telling the league that our guy (who is already targeted with hits) is ripe for a big hit.

So many of you look for things to be upset about. Check out the standings, watch the scoreboards, remember it is a sport you root for, and see the damn glass as half full. It's nicer, I promise.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Didn't Buch get hurt last time at Barclay's or was that Nash? Maybe AV is being cautious? I'm not worried about Buch. We know the potential is there, but he needs to find that consistent compete level. It's part of being a rookie

i think opposing teams raise the ice temp a little when the Rangers come into their buildings. To slow down the Rangers. Am I just being paranoid??

Yes.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011

Not worth the risk. The amount of people that would have to be involved to consistently manipulate ice conditions depending on the opponent would not be easy to keep quiet.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Not worth the risk. The amount of people that would have to be involved to consistently manipulate ice conditions depending on the opponent would not be easy to keep quiet.

lmfao :handclap:

Like a well seasoned steak.

Obviously tru though.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
It's not that big of a deal for Buchnevich to sit out for a game. His game is still extremely rough defensively. Playing on the fourth line with Lindberg and Fast wasn't the makings of a great fourth line for Buchnevich's skillset. He played with Mika, not to "like I said" but like I said, the Mika-Pavel combo was pure garbage in the defensive zone. AV broke up that combo immediately after and swapped Vesey and Buch. Vesey then has several good offensive shifts and scores the GWG on an individual effort and showing good chemistry with Nash. Buch needs seasoning and he'll get it with Lindberg and Puempel both not immune from healthy scratches. Things will likely change after the trade deadline. If not, Buch will get a top 9 spot next season.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Because accountability is not a thing on this team with some of the guys who stay in the lineup.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Because accountability is not a thing on this team with some of the guys who stay in the lineup.

Just because Girardi is kept in the lineup for whatever reason doesn't mean AV shouldn't enforce some accountability where appropriate.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Just because Girardi is kept in the lineup for whatever reason doesn't mean AV shouldn't enforce some accountability where appropriate.

So you're cool with this whole selective accountability based on arbitrary standards thing?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So you're cool with this whole selective accountability based on arbitrary standards thing?

I'd rather him hold everyone accountable, but I'd also rather him hold select people accountable than no one at all.

So, while it's not the best, it could be worse.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011

It's preferable to no accountability. Girardi is arguably the only exception to accountability. Klein sat for a game as a healthy scratch. I'd like for Girardi to sit and see Clendening play but being upset at AV playing Girardi doesn't automatically make every decision AV makes on personnel a farce.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York

So 1 bad game = benched because he's a rookie?

With that logic, stepan should have been benched half the season with the way he's played and he's a vet so he should know better!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'd rather him hold everyone accountable, but I'd also rather him hold select people accountable than no one at all.

So, while it's not the best, it could be worse.

It's preferable to no accountability. Girardi is arguably the only exception to accountability. Klein sat for a game as a healthy scratch. I'd like for Girardi to sit and see Clendening play but being upset at AV playing Girardi doesn't automatically make every decision AV makes on personnel a farce.

IMO if you have partial accountability, you already have no accountability.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So 1 bad game = benched because he's a rookie?

With that logic, stepan should have been benched half the season with the way he's played and he's a vet so he should know better!

Just a heads up, your analyses of Stepan are awful. Might wanna reassess your evaluation methods.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
On what planet do 21 year olds get the same leeway, respect, and trust as a 27 28 30 year old with experience on the job that management counts on to deliver?

Hockey is no different. You earn your leash length in anything in this life. This kid is a third round pick. Show up and play hard and right or you can sit. AV owes him nothing.

Dan Girardi has given his soul to this organization and has won a lot of games. Forgive me for thinking he should get a longer leash than a 21 year old kid who showed up to camp So out of shape he had to take 2 month conditioning break. Enough already.

He can sit and learn and he'll get right back in and when he does he better be prepared to play at a high level or he can sit again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad