Confirmed with Link: Rangers Games at Yankee Stadium (1/26 at Devils; 1/29 at Islanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
You guys know of any way we can obtain the collectors tickets in exchange for the generic ones? I want to frame them after the game but they look hideous.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
You guys know of any way we can obtain the collectors tickets in exchange for the generic ones? I want to frame them after the game but they look hideous.

If you don't care about having YOUR ticket framed, there will be tons for sale on EBay after the game. Will start off at a ridiculous price and in a few months will come down.

Abooch68

Aug 31, 2008
I'm selling a bunch of souvenir tickets to the Islanders game in section 202... Just looking for face value.. $150

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
i have four tickets to each game. same seats for both games.

section 424
row 12
seats 10-13

$320 apiece and that will cover paypal fees

i will mail you the ticket via registered mail

pm or email me at [email protected]

ry%3D400

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
I have up to 6 tickets for Rangers vs. Islanders at Yankee Stadium on 1-29

Section 224 Row 16.

I am asking for Season subscriber face value of $322.00 per ticket.
This was my cost including fees.

[email protected]

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
With so many people selling so many tickets to either one of the outdoor games, my question is.. Why did you buy so many?

I'll admit that I purchased a pair of seats in the bridge hoping to make a profit and attend a few. It looks like I'm going to more games in those seats than I planned.

A quick look at SubHub shows that the Islanders game will be a race to the bottom and the Devils game may or may not be. As of now, there are 2.5 times the amount of Islanders tickets listed.

I've learned from watching Yankees tickets and the All Star game at Citi Field to see that buying so many seats that you have no intention of using is a bad idea.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
With so many people selling so many tickets to either one of the outdoor games, my question is.. Why did you buy so many?

I'll admit that I purchased a pair of seats in the bridge hoping to make a profit and attend a few. It looks like I'm going to more games in those seats than I planned.

A quick look at SubHub shows that the Islanders game will be a race to the bottom and the Devils game may or may not be. As of now, there are 2.5 times the amount of Islanders tickets listed.

I've learned from watching Yankees tickets and the All Star game at Citi Field to see that buying so many seats that you have no intention of using is a bad idea.
Because most people are not smart and think flipping tickets is always profitable. Most understand supply and demand, but have no concept of quantity demanded at each price vs quantity supplied at each price.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Every year I see some of my friends buying packages with the thought that they'll go to 1 or 2 games and sell the rest for a profit. Every year I laugh at them and end up buying their tickets day of for 50% off the price they paid.

You can do it if you've got a wide circle of people who want to go to games but there are far better ways to invest your money than trying to swing a profit off Rangers tickets.

RangersHank*

Question about the games. Are the Rangers the away team in both games?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Every year I see some of my friends buying packages with the thought that they'll go to 1 or 2 games and sell the rest for a profit. Every year I laugh at them and end up buying their tickets day of for 50% off the price they paid.

You can do it if you've got a wide circle of people who want to go to games but there are far better ways to invest your money than trying to swing a profit off Rangers tickets.

Biggest suckers where those who bought Yankee packages with this intention the first year of the new stadium. I was on the wait-list for Giants season ticket holders. During the PSL process, they contacted me. Offered me club seats. 7500 each for the PSLs and game tickets were $400/game. Idiot rep even try to tell me that I can sell them for whatever I want and what a lot of people are going to do is sell a few games for a profit to off-set their costs. I laughed at him and the thought that there is actually room for a profit at 400 each for regular season games.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Biggest suckers where those who bought Yankee packages with this intention the first year of the new stadium. I was on the wait-list for Giants season ticket holders. During the PSL process, they contacted me. Offered me club seats. 7500 each for the PSLs and game tickets were $400/game. Idiot rep even try to tell me that I can sell them for whatever I want and what a lot of people are going to do is sell a few games for a profit to off-set their costs. I laughed at him and the thought that there is actually room for a profit at 400 each for regular season games.

Well call me a sucker because I literally made multiple thousands of dollars net on Yankee & Mets tickets in that year, and got to pick any game I wanted to go to for free & clear. You can make money, but you need to know what you're doing. If you just expect to sit back, collect money, and not do any work then yeah you have a bad surprise coming.

There is no money left in the Yankees or Mets by the way, all the tickets I buy these days I expect to use myself or am 100% certain to lose money.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Well call me a sucker because I literally made multiple thousands of dollars net on Yankee & Mets tickets in that year, and got to pick any game I wanted to go to for free & clear. You can make money, but you need to know what you're doing. If you just expect to sit back, collect money, and not do any work then yeah you have a bad surprise coming.

There is no money left in the Yankees or Mets by the way, all the tickets I buy these days I expect to use myself or am 100% certain to lose money.
That is what most were doing. Posting on stubhub and waiting for the tickets to sell. Although, I will be honest, I find it very difficult to believe you made thousands on the Mets and Yanks that year if you bought packages directly from the teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad