GDT: Rangers at Flyers. It has come down to this.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
FLA, NJD, CBJ

What a battle down the stretch

Barkov, Hall, Jones

Who's gonna prevail?

FLA and CBJ.
NJD will start to crack during this next 8 game stretch. Look at their upcoming schedule, look at those 2 back to backs.

Screenshot_20180311-152046.png

Reactions: Depch

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
yea but were not a real playoff team, so ill take the help.

Then we have nothing to search in the PlayOffs when the Team really think lets hope everyone help us.
Sometimes when i read your post, im not sure you been in the right Place. Or really think about what you post in sense of hockey sense and team efforts.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Then we have nothing to search in the PlayOffs when the Team really think lets hope everyone help us.
Sometimes when i read your post, im not sure you been in the right Place. Or really think about what you post in sense of hockey sense and team efforts.
we dont have much to look fwd to in the playoffs. theres honestly not a single team that we should expect to beat in there. that said, ive clearly just mentioned that i dont mind when teams help us. and a superior team can help us by sustaining key injuries right b4 they play us so theres always hope if u get in.

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
we dont have much to look fwd to in the playoffs. theres honestly not a single team that we should expect to beat in there. that said, ive clearly just mentioned that i dont mind when teams help us. and a superior team can help us by sustaining key injuries right b4 they play us so theres always hope if u get in.
you are literally the most pessimistic poster.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The previous 24 years have 0 bearing on this current team, good or bad.

People cant see the differences even from the last time we won the division. This is much more likely to continue moving forward.

Our forward core is arriving.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site

People cant see the differences even from the last time we won the division. This is much more likely to continue moving forward.

Hopefully so, and to defend Jake here, the feeling of impending doom after such a good run we've been on is real. I love winning, I love how the team is playing, but the bottom line is, until we actually get an "x" next to our name, we are not in the playoffs. Do they look more promising lately? Absolutely. Could they still crush hopes for the postseason? Without a doubt. I don't fault Jake for his outlook at all, we've been hurt before.

Reactions: Vilam and Chaos2k7

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018

the past sometimes determines the future. and in this case we have the same owners and management for a long enough time to see that they arent going to spend the cap and put us over the edge as a contender. they wouldve done it this past offseason if they were going to this coming one. we had the cap space and glaring holes in the lineup.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Snap your brain out of the past. If Panthers hockey is filling most of your life it's only mostly pain and misery in your life. It is no wonder that you are constantly struggling for survival and fighting to avoid problems all the time. Start living the present, you can do it if you really want to, it might need some time off first to get some perspective.
im constantly struggling for survival? i think ur projecting the team's situation onto me....

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I've said it before, it's easy to be negative and takes work to be positive - not just about the Panthers but in life.

If you're always negative you can say: see, told you so. But to be positive is to look at the good points that occurred rather than the bad points.

In hockey, look for strong play for the majority of the game, don't focus on a flub!

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
games played: 66
games won: 34
games lost: 32

so, in your mind, shootouts count only for the winner and vanish for the loser? oh, derp

Is the standing based off of points? Do the Panthers have more that 50% of the possible points available so far? If so, then they are over .500. You want to go by wins and losses only, go in the other sports threads. This has been discussed to death here.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
A lot of great action around the league right now. Flyers-Vegas and Jets-Caps tied in the third.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Is the standing based off of points? Do the Panthers have more that 50% of the possible points available so far? If so, then they are over .500. You want to go by wins and losses only, go in the other sports threads. This has been discussed to death here.

66 results.
34 are victories.

Let that basic arithmetic kick in, bud.

when you LOSE in overtime, you still LOSE.

I addressed winning percentage, not percentage of possible points earned.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
66 results.
34 are victories.

Let that basic arithmetic kick in, bud.

when you LOSE in overtime, you still LOSE.

I addressed winning percentage, not percentage of possible points earned.

But why does something that doesn't matter in the standings irk you so much?

Philly has more losses than us but are ahead of us by your count.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad