GDT: Rangers at Flyers. It has come down to this.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Delete

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180312-224019.png
    Screenshot_20180312-224019.png
    436.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
@ThePatientPanther could you minimze your Tweet post or spoiler it, please next Time.

But its getting already funny in here, when People talk about Philli not sure what Philli has to do witjh out Playoff run.
I will stop also looking so interisting in result of other Teams, if they loose they loose, if they win they win. That is what you need in the PO run, win against anyone you have a chance. That means also wins against Top Teams and Western Conference Teams. As special a few Western Teams have Problems with Eastern Conference Teams. So if we play on we will see if we reach the PO.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
@ThePatientPanther could you minimze your Tweet post or spoiler it, please next Time.

But its getting already funny in here, when People talk about Philli not sure what Philli has to do witjh out Playoff run.
I will stop also looking so interisting in result of other Teams, if they loose they loose, if they win they win. That is what you need in the PO run, win against anyone you have a chance. That means also wins against Top Teams and Western Conference Teams. As special a few Western Teams have Problems with Eastern Conference Teams. So if we play on we will see if we reach the PO.

Philly is at 81 points. Assuming we continue to win, they could have a lot to do with the playoff race.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Philly is at 81 points. Assuming we continue to win, they could have a lot to do with the playoff race.
exactly. The Panthers need to pass one of Philly, CBJ, or NJD (and not get passed by anyone behind them) to make the playoffs.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
exactly. The Panthers need to pass one of Philly, CBJ, or NJD (and not get passed by anyone behind them) to make the playoffs.
I don't think any of the other teams have a real shot at this point - both Carolina and NYI would have to go something like 11-2 to make it - which is possible but unlikely. It's most likely going to be three of us, Philly, CBJ and NJD. Columbus is playing strong lately, Philly is shaky but they'd have to go something like 4-8 or worse - so I think the last spot is between us and the Devils. It's definitely doable but we need to win the games against the "weaker" opponents.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
If NJ can win Vegas in Vegas. I dont think they'll slow down enough so we could catch them.
We need to really get our defensive play back together. It's been bad last two games

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If NJ can win Vegas in Vegas. I dont think they'll slow down enough so we could catch them.
We need to really get our defensive play back together. It's been bad last two games
I agree with this.

Having said that, I'm at least happy that it's March 13th and we're not out of playoff contention at all.

Reactions: Mogo

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

6 Points in the PO Battle is more then just a Game, special with a Team that known for the a better 2nd Half. Also they have an bit easier schedule then Philly or us.
Our Schedule 1xCBJ 1xNSH 4xBOS 1xtor 2xSems and 1x Isles there could be an easier Schedule.

Why i should already look far ahead, when already 2 or 4 Points make Problem to reach the PO. Also did here someone believe we win all our 3 Games in Hand, cause i believe 2 of them is against Boston and we all know our stats against Boston are horrible.
That is why i think, to speak about Philly could be a joke, start better with how we will able to win more Games then other.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Montreal decides it's ok to try and beat a western conference team tonight but play dead to any eastern conference foe

Canes beating up on Bruins? So we'll get a pissed off group of black and yellow Thursday.

Sens beating Tampa softens the blow of last night a bit. Thought we would get at least a point but their quick strikes were out of nowhere. Better be focused and preparing to lay it all on the line in two days time.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Just saw Marchand is back in the lineup.

So his injury from Sunday was just a one day thing.

Only Bergeron and Mcavoy will be out.
Marchand was probably held out Sunday for "precautionary reasons"....the fear of retribution from a Chicago team with nothing left to play for this season.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The Bruins lost Chara Debrusk and Krug in the 3rd and proceeded to score 5 straight. So even if they're out Thursday yeesh :laugh:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Montreal decides it's ok to try and beat a western conference team tonight but play dead to any eastern conference foe

Canes beating up on Bruins? So we'll get a pissed off group of black and yellow Thursday.

Sens beating Tampa softens the blow of last night a bit. Thought we would get at least a point but their quick strikes were out of nowhere. Better be focused and preparing to lay it all on the line in two days time.

You are getting a broken down Bruins team by the looks of it.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Took out a proline (Canadian gambling) for tonight put in 8 bucks. Picked the Pens, NJD, and Ana. So either NJD wins and I'm sad for Florida but I win 40 bucks, or they lose. Win win for me.

In b4 New Jersey wins but Anaheim loses 5-0

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Dallas getting embarrassed in Toronto right now. 2 goals in 25 seconds 5mins in. Hitchcock gave Kari a legit death stare after he fumbled the 1st goal against. Their offense has dried up immensely. Just wild to think if they do miss again with all that offensive firepower. Bishop still injured and now Methot is out for "a bit". From 1st last year to possible playoff bubble team and it would be IN, OUT, IN, OUT the last 4 years.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Dallas getting embarrassed in Toronto right now. 2 goals in 25 seconds 5mins in. .

They laid an egg against Montreal yesterday too. So did the Kings against Arizona.

Just goes to show how teams in full playoff race lose to non-playoff teams regularly. That's why I'm not really worried about the strength of schedule, whether it's supposedly easy for CBJ or hard for NJD.

Whoever is hot at this point will make it imo. We need Luongo back in form and we'll be good.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
They laid an egg against Montreal yesterday too. So did the Kings against Arizona.

Just goes to show how teams in full playoff race lose to non-playoff teams regularly. That's why I'm not really worried about the strength of schedule, whether it's supposedly easy for CBJ or hard for NJD.

Whoever is hot at this point will make it imo. We need Luongo back in form and we'll be good.

And not even 20 mind later, Dallas decides to wake up and rattle off 3 straight goals to go up 3-2. Can't predict any game let alone any period.
Should be an interesting final 3-4 weeks.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

People want contracts.

Reactions: Kellyr

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
And not even 20 mind later, Dallas decides to wake up and rattle off 3 straight goals to go up 3-2. Can't predict any game let alone any period.
Should be an interesting final 3-4 weeks.

Yup... need to stay hot. I think if we just get good goaltending we're fine. Should've played Reimer more tbh, two weeks between games for him. Luongo can't handle this type of workload.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yup... need to stay hot. I think if we just get good goaltending we're fine. Should've played Reimer more tbh, two weeks between games for him. Luongo can't handle this type of workload.

Ya I agree. Both Lu and Reimer will need to be steady and focused. There will be some softies here and there but they need to work off each other and come up with timely saves.
Andersons the other night against Barkovs SH breakaway being an example of one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad