GDT: Quarterfinal • Feb. 19 • United States vs. Czech Republic • Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
Is there a way to stream radio coverage of this game from my phone? Is there even radio coverage?

I have iheartradio too if that helps.

I'll be able to watch the 1st over lunch but that's about it...

Ralgo

Oct 12, 2013
Prague
4:3 Czechs in OT/Shoot out

I like that most of the guys are mature here, but still that US/Canada "we created hockey, we are the best" seems like a bad joke, after history of international hockey.

Our "grandpa" team is still the one and only who has golden hattrick from IHWC (and was able to guard it from Russians who were aiming on it), 2 olympic medals, and lots of good players. Well obviously, most of the "nagano era" guys are gone....but the spirit is still there.

Only two things are dragging us deep down. Idiotic coach who has national team like personal hobby thing bought from friends and Cervenka on the first line (where x other players would have better right to be).

AHB*

USA F lines vs CZE: Brown-Backes-Callahan; Parise-Kesler-Kane; JVR-Pavelski-Kessel; Pacioretty-Stastny-Oshie; Wheeler

USA D vs. CZE: Fowler-Shattenkirk; Orpik-Martin; Suter-McDonagh; Carlson. Quick in goal; Miller backup.

https://twitter.com/usahockey/status/436115017734578176
https://twitter.com/usahockey/status/436114405911453696

Outside of Orpik, this is the best lineup we can ice. Hopefully their time is limited. Suter and McD will get the most, followed by F-Shatt hopefully.

Don't like Brown in the lineup, but if he's going to be, that spot is best for him.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
The Czechs are most dangerous when underdogs. They are the best at countering. No walk in the park for the US team.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I think the US wins it, but I can't underestimate the Czechs.

Bardof425*

4:3 Czechs in OT/Shoot out

I like that most of the guys are mature here, but still that US/Canada "we created hockey, we are the best" seems like a bad joke, after history of international hockey.

Our "grandpa" team is still the one and only who has golden hattrick from IHWC (and was able to guard it from Russians who were aiming on it), 2 olympic medals, and lots of good players. Well obviously, most of the "nagano era" guys are gone....but the spirit is still there.

Only two things are dragging us deep down. Idiotic coach who has national team like personal hobby thing bought from friends and Cervenka on the first line (where x other players would have better right to be).

The main thing dragging you down is that embarrassing list of defenseman. You will need many breaks to win this game; and your coaching will have nothing to do with it.

Bardof425*

Don't be surprised if the Czech Republic defeats the USA.

It can happen but it will be very surprising. The Czech defense is worse than many NHL teams let alone Olympic teams. Expect a siege; Pavelic will need to stand on his head and get a few posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad