GDT: Quarterfinal • Feb. 19 • United States vs. Czech Republic • Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Ondrej Pavelec's career NHL record in back-to-backs: 4-17-0, 4.22 GAA, .866 save % on 575 SA. Yikes.

I'm glad some Czech fans believe that it takes just two good games in 3-4 years to deserve a permanent spot in line with Jágr.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I've bad feeling about Brown hurting some key czech player (Plekanec, Krejci, Zidlicky etc.) ... I don't like him :) he's new Jarkko Ruutu for us (all czechs know what i mean)

I wish 1 beauty and spectacular goal for Pat Kane :) my favourite USA player :)

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I've bad feeling about Brown hurting some key czech player (Plekanec, Krejci, Zidlicky etc.) ... I don't like him :) he's new Jarkko Ruutu for us (all czechs know what i mean)

He already sated his thirst for Czech blood with Hertl so you guys should be fine.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
The US hasnt had a bad game so far. It has to come eventually.

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.

I wish 1 beauty and spectacular goal for Pat Kane :) my favourite USA player :)

He doesn't hate Czech players imo... he's just goon and sometimes hurt other team player regardless who. Maybe Gudas presence in the lineup will help :)... and Hanzal :laugh:

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
He already sated his thirst for Czech blood with Hertl so you guys should be fine.

:laugh:lets hope you are right :laugh:

J. Ruutu's thinking before match versus Czech team usualy was ..."blood, blood, blood, brains, brains ..." :laugh:

Ducksgo*

Call me crazy call me nuts. But the country stands united! 4 hour count down brothers for Pre game. Can't wait for puck drop!

American-flag-fireworks.jpg

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
He doesn't hate Czech players imo... he's just goon and sometimes hurt other team player regardless who. Maybe Gudas presence in the lineup will help :)... and Hanzal :laugh:

I didn't say he hates czech players :) he's good player ... but he's just too tough for our "softer" players :)

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I think the US domination tour continues.
from what I've seen from both teams the only chance CZE has is when they can capitalize on Browns stupidity.

:laugh:

Yeah I'm thinking Gudas takes a couple of healthy runs at Phil. Whether he catches him or not is another story.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The US hasnt had a bad game so far. It has to come eventually.

They've had poor stretches. I think this is the sort of team that straightens itself out and isn't prone to having a bad game from start to finish. A lot of the guys on this team are hard-working character guys. I know that sort of thing gets overstated a lot in hockey but most of these guys put their head down and work their way through bad stretches.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
A little piece of 1980 expected to be in the house.

@usahockey: Olympic gold medalist Bob Suter (father of Team USA’s Ryan Suter) scheduled to be in the house for USA-Czech game tonight. #DawnsEarlyLight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad