GDT: Quarter-final • Jan. 2 • Finland 8, Slovakia 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Aitorautalapio didnt have the best night.. But main fault was lazy D

Refs made few mistakes.. but i think it wouldnt have mattered in the end.

Last edited:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Good for him. He should be pissed. True competitors, especially goalies, are suppose to be pissed after a game like this.

Mara

May 10, 2011
Finland is in the world top4 U20, more than enough with this D. Any medal is a big plus.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
But an awful game. I suppose our guys started
"saving energy" too early and that could have
cost us dearly. I was disappointed about the 5+20
for the SVK player and didn't cheer for any goals
after that. Aittokallio will be like a wall tomorrow,
as he's quite pissed about today's game.

Jere26

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks for the discussion Finns, despite what happened I enjoyed the game.

Best of luck against Sweden
Thanks. Feel sorry for you guys that the refs made those bad decisions in the end. Could've been a thriller in the end otherwise.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Lol Aittokallio didnt take any congratulates from his teammates just skated to the bench after win :laugh:

Havent seen this before :laugh:

That's great to see. As an avs fan, I've been impressed with him, although today he gave up some bad goals. I'm sure him and his teammates will be a lot sharper against Sweden.

Am I the only one impressed with Joonas Donskoi? I think he's a really solid two-way player. In the game against the Czechs, he stepped in front of a slap shot to block a shot with a 4-0 lead. He just seems to be very smart player.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Writing was on the wall for that 5th goal when Granlund dropped his mouthguard. That better not happen again.

Esko Seppänen from Urheilehti going off on Finland's PP on Twitter and rightfully so. 3 rightys onthe first unit, The Stamp only sets up Pulu and Pulu only shoots, MaG only player in front of the goal. Need to put Donskoi in there, he's a much better type of player for that role. Plus The Stamp and Pulu need to start cycling the puck to other players more.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Thanks for the discussion Finns, despite what happened I enjoyed the game.

Best of luck against Sweden

Thanks also for slovak fans, you stayed very classy, the ref blowed the end of the game with that 5 minute call. The injure - 5min rule shows that its non sense. Sad that the game ended by the ref like that, i allmost feel sorry, but I think the fault cant be the teams, but the refs thought.

SaekkiPaelli

Oct 1, 2011
The Swedish commentators agreed with the Armia pick, they actually said beforehand that they want him to get it. Honestly he did play well though, pulled 2 penalties (granted took a stupid one before the other pulled one). Played well 1on1 and scored a goal so... And the only other one who could have gotten it was MiG.

Arktos

Sep 23, 2011
I feel somewhat disgusted about the game. I'm glad that Pulkkinen and Granlunds had some success but our D sucked and Aitokalalutio had a bad night which i hope doesn't continue against Sweden. Refs really killed all happiness i could get from this win though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad