GDT: Quarter-final • Jan. 2 • Finland 8, Slovakia 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zolik37

#1 Nate Guenin fan
Aug 17, 2011
I'm after a long time proud of our boys, they played a good game with some nice individual efforts. The thing that killed us is the lack of depth, we have 2 good lines, and that is it. We can't win if guys like Bene, Cajkovsky, Simboch, Riecicky are on the team.
Grats to Finland they deserved to win, good luck in the next round.

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
They should just roll with 4 forwards on the PP with Pulu on the point since he's gonna spent time there either way.
Haha, this is exactly the way how I've remember that. Nice to see that I'm not the only person who found a parallel here... It's maybe because he is former Thrasher
smiley-scratch_one_s_head.gif

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Well given that the easily part wasn't quite accurate but Slovaks started the third period way better than Finland, scoring a goal and outshooting Finland. I was stoked by that come back from Slovaks after Finland clearly dominating the first two periods. It's a shame that we couldn't see how it would have ended without that call. I've seen those moves like Aaltonen's in NHL and the rough calls by referees and I just hate it.

Okay, lets go to the if road then. If slovakia didint got its horrible giveaway goal by ref (goal allowed with clearest high stick pass in hockey history) it wouldn't even had turned the momentum and slovakia would've had no chance at all. So the ref just blow the game for us. Seems like slovak fans have forgotten how specially the frist line and armia line kept the play at the slovakian end overpowering them in individual skill and also with teamplay. If slovakia has its time in the game too it doesnt mean it should clearly win. Also most of the penalties were good calls, slovakians hooked and rided when guys like Armia were dangling around them. Ofcourse the bad calls went easily against slovakia because of that 5minute joke major. Didint think of bringing that high stick pass even up but got enough for crying slovaks in facebook not being able to watch things objective and denying the reality, only seeing everything going agains them.

Last edited:

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Can someone shed some light on why Tvrdon was given a 10 minute misconduct?
Hmm. There's nothing happening on the ice at the time (it comes when Riecicky stops the puck with 1:39 to go) no commentator pays any heed, and it's only visible on the post-game report sheet.

If I were to take a guess based on that, I'd say he gave someone a piece of his mind, likely a ref.

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
I haven't checked the whole thread so excuse me if it has been posted but where can I see all goals from this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad