Post-Game Talk: Quack Quack, Jets win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Shitty first half, but they started driving the play more in the second half of the game. Finally played like they deserved to win. Defensive structure was better, with the bottom 6 leading the way. I still love how we have a bottom 6 that you can throw out there to play meaningful minutes. They're really missing a top-9 winger still. I guess Cheveldayoff is really taking a "wait and see" approach to having Ehlers and Appleton out.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Awesome rebound but wooow was that first 25 min bad.

You've tried what, 36 guys now in the top 6 Bones? Give him some help Chevy :laugh:
I don't think that is going to happen - that's why you are seeing the audition.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
One thing I love about Eyssimont's game is that when the puck is on his stick and he doesn't have a play he just takes a shot and gets it to the net. At the very least he makes the goalie makes a save and hope for an offensive zone faceoff, at best there's a chance for a rebound that you can get to. Too many of the Jets bottom-6 player don't generate a shot a shot in those situations.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
You were pumping his tires early on. By now it looks like he will be a Tanev type that is in the process of cementing a role on the team.
I hope you are right - this teams need a reminder in the lineup of what work looks on a consistent basis.
And yes, I've been pumping his tires since preseason - every team needs a guy like this.
Your Tanev comp is absolutely true -

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
One thing I love about Eyssimont's game is that when the puck is on his stick and he doesn't have a play he just takes a shot and gets it to the net. At the very least he makes the goalie makes a save and hope for an offensive zone faceoff, at best there's a chance for a rebound that you can get to. Too many of the Jets bottom-6 player don't generate a shot a shot in those situations.

Good point for sure. Even firing a muffin in for a stoppage is kind of like a pass to a teammate that has a 50% chance of connecting. Not ideal, sure, but better than a turnover where everyone has to turn their whole asses around and sprint.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think sitting on that capspace with 3 huge pieces of the franchise being able to walk themselves to UFA in 1 more season after this is a baaaad decision. This is it for this core.
I wouldn't say it is it for the core. A successful season likely gets Scheifele and Helly to sign back on, most likely PLD is gone, but who really knows. If he is gone hopefully we get a nice return. Continued success likely then keeps Ehlers and Connor around. If we can get enough from our prospects to fill in we might have a window yet with this group.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I think sitting on that capspace with 3 huge pieces of the franchise being able to walk themselves to UFA in 1 more season after this is a baaaad decision. This is it for this core.

What's your definition of "core"?

I always defined it as your three best players (With at least one defense/goalie), and this core for the Jets is Scheif, JoMo, Helle IMO.

Wheeler hasn't been part of my "core" for a while now.

If you include PLD, Wheeler and Poink as part of the core, then I guess so. But then you'd have to include guys like Connor, Schmidt and Ehlers.

Reactions: thereturn

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Lies.
That's a must and will win.

Maybe I'll pick up some tickets for that game, lol.

Bring a sign saying "Thanks for firing Maurice, Maurice" or something, lol.

Also when I looked up that game to see when exactly it was, I saw that Google still calls it the MTS Centre, same as I still do, lol.

Great game, but why did Eyssimont get first star?

Not sure how the jets do it, but I know in other markets they just have a random media-adjacent pick the three stars.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Maybe I'll pick up some tickets for that game, lol.

Bring a sign saying "Thanks for firing Maurice, Maurice" or something, lol.

Also when I looked up that game to see when exactly it was, I saw that Google still calls it the MTS Centre, same as I still do, lol.
Haha yes! Do it!
It's still MTS centre to me.
MTS has served me notice, that I have to become a Bell customer by February. Yuck.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
What's your definition of "core"?

I always defined it as your three best players (With at least one defense/goalie), and this core for the Jets is Scheif, JoMo, Helle IMO.

Wheeler hasn't been part of my "core" for a while now.

If you include PLD, Wheeler and Poink as part of the core, then I guess so. But then you'd have to include guys like Connor, Schmidt and Ehlers.

I see it as key players: Helle, Scheif, Morrissey, Connor

Core players: Ehlers, Dubois, Wheeler, Pionk, Perfetti?

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad