Votes: 116 18.6%
  • 0- Zero interest

Votes: 317 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Not a knock on the women playing these sports, but its too slow for me.

Hockey or Soccer. Slow paced games I can't get into.

The real question is there a large enough fanbase out there that, after the novelty wears off, will continue to buy the product and make the league profitable in the long term? Only time will tell.

I'm gonna say that after 25+ years of the WNBA losing money, the answer to that question is no.

Reactions: Voight

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Not a knock on the women playing these sports, but its too slow for me.

Hockey or Soccer. Slow paced games I can't get into.

I'm gonna say that after 25+ years of the WNBA losing money, the answer to that question is no.
What “games” to you is fast paced then, since hockey is the fastest game.

Last edited:

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Voted 0 but it will surely change in 3 years when this league is dead and they come up with another one.

The latest league PHF that existed for 4 years did not die at all - it was bought out and eliminated from the face of the earth so that the primadonnas of the PWHPA could create a new league and claim to have saved womens hockey and assured themselves a place in the history books by shamelessly duping ignorant fans and naive women!

That league would still exist today, and with the same PR this league is getting it would have been even better of obviously!

Reactions: Voight

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The latest league PHF that existed for 4 years did not die at all - it was bought out and eliminated from the face of the earth so that the primadonnas of the PWHPA could create a new league and claim to have saved womens hockey and assured themselves a place in the history books by shamelessly duping ignorant fans and naive women!

That league would still exist today, and with the same PR this league is getting it would have been even better of obviously!
While I agree the PWHPA and their agendas have & are still setting the course for the PWHL ship, I have to disagree that the PHF would have or even could have established "the same PR this league is getting." The PHF original ownership groups didn't have the sports business clout that the PWHPA managed to recruit on their behalf, and it's been the core members of the hand-picked PWHL Board of Directors that got the new League steaming (with the smart money backing of Mark and Kimbra Walter stoking the boilers) in a direction far different than the PHF was headed. The PHF was never going to garner the sort of sports media exposure & corporate partnerships that the PWHL is attracting, unless they made peace with the PWHPA ... and that ship sailed before the PHF's little tugboat shoved off from the dock.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

No they did the women a huge plus.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
No they did the women a huge plus.

They would have done the women a huge plus if they would have dropped their pride and merged with the PHF 2-3 years ago instead of going down the route of shutting down and nuking franchises with staffs, players and fans. Just because the end result might be decent in 10 years does not make it noble or mean that the same or better result could not have been obtained by co-operation instead of killing of the PHF!

By boycotting the PHF and keeping to themselves (while calling other leagues garage leagues etc) they actively went AGAINST the best interest of womens hockey for years there is no going around that!

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
They would have done the women a huge plus if they would have dropped their pride and merged with the PHF 2-3 years ago instead of going down the route of shutting down and nuking franchises with staffs, players and fans. Just because the end result might be decent in 10 years does not make it noble or mean that the same or better result could not have been obtained by co-operation instead of killing of the PHF!

By boycotting the PHF and keeping to themselves (while calling other leagues garage leagues etc) they actively went AGAINST the best interest of womens hockey for years there is no going around that!
The women disagree with you. They have a TV contract and are getting way more support from fans. It’s already better than the other league, and now they have hitting.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Scoripo Rising

Oct 31, 2023
Basically 0. I tried to tune into the first game and it wasn't good. I've seen better hockey in the beer leagues down the street. I can't see it being a sustainable league though. In a few years interest will wane and it'll fold.

However, it's nice that chick's have a place to play.

I still can't get over how bad the jerseys are.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
The women disagree with you. They have a TV contract and are getting way more support from fans. It’s already better than the other league, and now they have hitting.

And that did not disapprove any of the points I made in my post! Just because the new league might get more PR does not mean the PWHPA behaved less like assholes and that this progress could not have been made 3 years ago, but you dont seem to understand any of this at all!

I suggest you read this article a couple of times:

You can acknowledge that the current league is doing well and yet despise how it was created and some of the people who created it that are now pretending the PHF never existed.

I mostly pointed it out again because people think the PHF was an immense failure that collapsed on its own, and that the new league was created because of the same reasons as when other womens leagues have folded in the past!

At last: The women proudly celebrating this league (and I understand women are proud to see a womens league getting all this PR) as the first womens league ever would have celebrated the PHF the same 3 years ago if all the PWHPA members joined that league and the same PR efforts went into that league instead!

Last edited:
Reactions: deleted user

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Basically 0. I tried to tune into the first game and it wasn't good. I've seen better hockey in the beer leagues down the street. I can't see it being a sustainable league though. In a few years interest will wane and it'll fold.

1705321190115.jpeg

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005

Why would this league with all the best players in the world including USA and Canada national team players and massive PR along with NHL support fail when the previous league NWHL/PHF did just fine without the PWHPA USA/CANADA national team players, the NHLs support and a massive PR campaign behind it? Let alone womens sports have exploded lately, especially womens soccer!

I will be awaiting your reply!

Last edited:
Reactions: MNRube

Lexicon

Dec 7, 2006
No clue
I'm not buying tickets or watching the games. So I guess not.

I barely have time to follow the NHL, let alone another league! The only woman's hockey I've watched is when US/Canada faced off in Olympics for gold. I wish the league the best.

Reactions: paulmm3

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

Did Kennedy take 100 MG of Adderall before he wrote that? It reads like the Unabomber’s manifesto.

I can’t believe people fell for the Saudi bluff. at least half of these players are gay and you really think they are going to live in Dubai?

Business is cuttthroat and people will always be trampled on in big acquisitions. It’s how the Western world works, for better or worse.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
And that did not disapprove any of the points I made in my post! Just because the new league might get more PR does not mean the PWHPA behaved less like assholes and that this progress could not have been made 3 years ago, but you dont seem to understand any of this at all!

You can acknowledge that the current league is doing well and yet despise how it was created and some of the people who created it that are now pretending the PHF never existed.

I mostly pointed it out again because people think the PHF was an immense failure that collapsed on its own, and that the new league was created because of the same reasons as when other womens leagues have folded in the past!

At last: The women proudly celebrating this league (and I understand women are proud to see a womens league getting all this PR) as the first womens league ever would have celebrated the PHF the same 3 years ago if all the PWHPA members joined that league and the same PR efforts went into that league instead!
So much wrong in that article. And your posts leave a lot of other information.

First of all, people should remember that the PHF itself (called the NWHL back then) was itself created to compete with an existing women league.

The bitter owner in this article accuses the PWHL of trying to "erasethe past" doing pretty much what the PHF did.

Secondly, any sane, rational person will immediately notice that the PWHL is a huge improvement for women's hockey. As much for the working conditions of the players as well as the actual on-ice product and the branding.

I've watched games in the CWHL, the PHF and the PWHL and things are improving tremendously.

The PHF was a step back, but things are looking good with the PWHL.

My favorite part is when that clown in the article accuses the PWHL of not icing enough teams, when the PHL could barely sustain a handful of franchises after many years of existence.

Or when he says "Yeah, they've improved the wages, but we would have improved even more". You couldn't pay your players shit, buddy. You had your chance.

There are things in the artcle that deserve to be debated (drafting against free agents) but for the most part it is sour grapes from big shots of a former competitor who didn't cut it.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
So much wrong in that article. And your posts leave a lot of other information.

First of all, people should remember that the PHF itself (called the NWHL back then) was itself created to compete with an existing women league.

The bitter owner in this article accuses the PWHL of trying to "erasethe past" doing pretty much what the PHF did.

Secondly, any sane, rational person will immediately notice that the PWHL is a huge improvement for women's hockey. As much for the working conditions of the players as well as the actual on-ice product and the branding.

I've watched games in the CWHL, the PHF and the PWHL and things are improving tremendously.

The PHF was a step back, but things are looking good with the PWHL.

My favorite part is when that clown in the article accuses the PWHL of not icing enough teams, when the PHL could barely sustain a handful of franchises after many years of existence.

Or when he says "Yeah, they've improved the wages, but we would have improved even more". You couldn't pay your players shit, buddy. You had your chance.

There are things in the artcle that deserve to be debated (drafting against free agents) but for the most part it is sour grapes from big shots of a former competitor who didn't cut it.

I dont agree with you at all.

The NWHL did not kill off a different womens league and erase all competition from the face of the earth! And it also did not eliminate player contracts and sent players into retirement.

---
And wheter the PWHL is a an improvement does not negate any of the points I made before about the PWHPA being selfish who were only looking out for themselves and their pride. 34 of 36 big contracts belong to PWHPA players currently.

What you are conveniently forgetting is while the PHF tried to establish themselves we had the PWHPA boycotting them and preventing the NHL from getting behind womens hockey and also of course a good part of sponsors and media would never get behind it when the best player in Canada and USA were not part of it. None of which was the PHFs fault, they wanted to get the best players to join but were met with the cold hand. S

So the PHF worked in completety different circumstances with the PWHPA holding womens hockey hostage and saboting womens hockeys future for 4 years. So its absurd to make jokes about the Boston Pride owned who did the best in the climate he was working in!

You have provided nothing that goes against the claim of womens hockey being better of today if the primadonnas had put womens hockey before their pride and joined forces with the PHF years ago instead of nuking all the franchises and starting new while retiring two teams of womens hockey players in the process.

I am pretty certain these famous USA and Canada players that have besmirched the PHFs reputation whenever have pretty had a strong hold on the media, until they got get their shit together.

If the PWHPA at least could own up to what they did, it would bring some kind of peace to the situation but obviously that is never going happen.

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

So a bitter owner is your fallback lol. A lot wrong in that article as already pointed out.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
So a bitter owner is your fallback lol. A lot wrong in that article as already pointed out.

What is your own arguments? I have not seen any at all! I just replied to Jeane Poulet as well, whom I do not agree with. There is an absurdity of trying to justify everything the PWHPA has done, and little good argument for doing it!

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
What is your own arguments? I have not seen any at all! I just replied to Jeane Poulet as well, whom I do not agree with. There is an absurdity of trying to justify everything the PWHPA has done, and little good argument for doing it!
Guess you forgot to read some of them, not my fault.
The women are now happier than before, which is all good. Seems like your on an Island, enjoy.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
Guess you forgot to read some of them, not my fault.
The women are now happier than before, which is all good. Seems like your on an Island, enjoy.

Which women are we talking about? The two teams of players who were retired from hockey by PHWPA?

Or the PWHPA players themselves who received 34 of the 36 best contracts of the new league? Why would they not be happy as they have been irrelevant for 4 years and suddenly are back as heroes and playing a new league.

You still fail to understand that "women can be happy now", that does not make any of the arguments I brought less valid for reasons I already have lined up, but you have ignored.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
What they'll make of their product remains to be seen, but the best of women's hockey certainly is capable of. If it's just women instead of men coasting through a 82-game quagmire then certainly also their on-ice product will reflect that.
NHL players giving even 25% effort level is still such a ridiculously higher level than anything the PWHL can offer

Reactions: Turin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad