Votes: 116 18.6%
  • 0- Zero interest

Votes: 317 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It’s the comparison to high school, but you skimmed over the posters point,
When it’s been shown lots of times in here that they play midget AAA and junior teams. And win some and lose some.
The records were also shown in here against those teams.

There isn't a huge gap, if any at all, between the top MN HS teams and midget AAA.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
And junior, since their records against those levels have been posted in here.

Yes, I saw that. The point you seem to be trying to refute is that the top level of women's professional hockey is about on par as boys HS (in Minnesota, anyways). That's about where they are at. Nothing wrong or sexist to say so.

Also, would you agree that the US and Canadian women's olympic teams are probably better than the average PWHL teams?

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Yes, I saw that. The point you seem to be trying to refute is that the top level of women's professional hockey is about on par as boys HS (in Minnesota, anyways). That's about where they are at. Nothing wrong or sexist to say so.

Also, would you agree that the US and Canadian women's olympic teams are probably better than the average PWHL teams?
Probably closer then we realize, I mean those 2 teams vs. 6 professional teams, who can include foreign skaters beyond CA and US as well.

I wouldn't expect its a monumental difference, maybe this year because there getting acclimatized to each other.

To the thread question, GF and I have talked about seeing a game given the price and how close it is too the house. Other then that and watching highlights in the AM is about it

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Probably closer then we realize, I mean those 2 teams vs. 6 professional teams, who can include foreign skaters beyond CA and US as well.

I wouldn't expect its a monumental difference, maybe this year because there getting acclimatized to each other.

To the thread question, GF and I have talked about seeing a game given the price and how close it is too the house. Other then that and watching highlights in the AM is about it

I don't know so I'll ask the question: how many of those foreign skaters would make either the US or Canadian women's teams? As there seems to be a huge gap between the US/Canadian women's teams and the Europeans based on international play, I'm guessing not many. Maybe I'm wrong.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I don't know so I'll ask the question: how many of those foreign skaters would make either the US or Canadian women's teams? As there seems to be a huge gap between the US/Canadian women's teams and the Europeans based on international play, I'm guessing not many. Maybe I'm wrong.
Agreed generally, but when your talking about the game there's two ways of looking at it, i'm sure the high high end talent can't be replicated. 1 is on each team from the top lines of each nation essentially. But when you get to the middle of the line-up i'm willing to bet theres more players like it in the NCAA that forgo a career due to lack of opportunities who may now pursue it. Kinda like how Junior players can sometimes make a career despite being a low pick

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
That's so f***ing embarrassing. And they want to be taken serious?

Lets rush and half ass the start of a new league, what could possible go wrong? :facepalm:

Just speculating (and only slightly in jest), but maybe they first need to run their mascot ideas through a committee to make sure there won't be anyone offended or deemed not inclusive enough.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005

The following players should be in the league but are not yet:

Ronja Savolainen, Petra Nieminen, Jenni Hiirikoski, Maja Nylen-Persson, Daniela Pejsova, Sara Cajanova, Noora Tulus and Viivi Vainikka, they are in the SDHL but will be out of contract after this season or latest a year later.

Lara Stalder is as good as Alina Mueller who was playing the All Star game tonight, so she could slot in also if she wants anytime! Lina Ljungblom and Adela Sapovalivova will be there in due time as well.

I would say the current league is missing about 10-15 players outside NA to have all the best players in the world.

+ some NCAA players obviously, so there is still talent out there that could make the league better! In 2026 I think the league will consist of all the best players except some NCAA players.

Last edited:

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The following players should be in the league but are not yet ...

I would say the current league is missing about 10-15 players outside NA to have all the best players in the world. ...
It depends upon who will call the shots in whatever free agency & drafts look like in the future. The first season versions of those roster-building actions seemed to leverage existing relationships among the PWHPA members. If the League's goal is truly "to have all the best players in the world," that's likely what the future of the PWHL holds.

Reactions: Dessloch

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Montreal vs Toronto game is being played in Pittsburgh March 17. Ppg paints arena will sell out no doubt. Possible expansion to Pittsburgh coming?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
If living wages alone will persuade everyone to abandon their existing lives and move to North America.
By 2026, the PWHL will have teams all around the world and players will each be making 1 million (insert local currency standard) per season. It's all in The Plan.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Infuriates me when there are NHL games on and Sportsnet decides to only show me PWHL games instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad