Votes: 116 18.6%
  • 0- Zero interest

Votes: 317 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
So you think a random game in the PWHL is higher quality hockey than a random NHL game? Buddy
What they'll make of their product remains to be seen, but the best of women's hockey certainly is capable of. If it's just women instead of men coasting through a 82-game quagmire then certainly also their on-ice product will reflect that.

HighLifeManIsHigh

McDave is a loser lol
Feb 27, 2006
What they'll make of their product remains to be seen, but the best of women's hockey certainly is capable of. If it's just women instead of men coasting through a 82-game quagmire then certainly also their on-ice product will reflect that.
I think our disagreement here is the difference between what you think is more entertaining versus quality of hockey. The quality of hockey in the NHL is the best in the world.

I’m a big CFL guy, I’m not a big fan of the NFL game. I will never in a million years say that the quality of the CFL is better than the NFL, I just prefer one league to the other. And that’s fine. Same if you prefer the PWHL over the NHL

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I think our disagreement here is the difference between what you think is more entertaining versus quality of hockey. The quality of hockey in the NHL is the best in the world.

I’m a big CFL guy, I’m not a big fan of the NFL game. I will never in a million years say that the quality of the CFL is better than the NFL, I just prefer one league to the other. And that’s fine. Same if you prefer the PWHL over the NHL
The NFL really benefits of their short season, most games truly count and the on-field product tends to reflect that. Same if you watch top international hockey like women's USA vs. Canada, frequently some of the very best hockey games you'll see all year. The PWHL starting with 24 games is a good opportunity to do things right.

HighLifeManIsHigh

McDave is a loser lol
Feb 27, 2006
The NFL really benefits of their short season, most games truly count and the on-field product tends to reflect that. Same if you watch top international hockey like women's USA vs. Canada, frequently some of the very best hockey games you'll see all year. The PWHL starting with 24 games is a good opportunity to do things right.
You’re missing my point.

CFL vs. NFL isn’t even close in terms of players. Same with PWHL vs. NHL.

It has nothing to do with schedule or anything.

Who’s the better hockey player? Taylor Heise or Brock Faber? That’s my point

Green

Nov 13, 2019
I don't know why they are making this pro league out to be a revolutionary thing, they had other leagues the last 8 years or so and it wasn't that successful, maybe it is part of the marketing strategy, I have a feeling the team in NY is going to be a dud, UBS is a pain to get to and there won't be enough interest to get good numbers and I can't imagine them getting good attendance in Bridgeport, Minnesota and the Canadian teams will probably remain in demand.

I'd give myself a 2 as far as interest

Last edited:

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
People need to actually watch the games before commenting, the level of play was surprisingly higher than I expected, the skating, passing and pace of play was similar to European men's hockey, you can't compare this league with the NHL, it's not fair. However the offensive production and star power is lacking in this league, it needs more snipers and a generational talent to draw more fans, someone who can take over a game and dominate, the goalies could be an issue too, since they are smaller they can be easier to score on.

Reactions: JMCx4

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I don’t know why you and a bunch of people in this thread need to do the virtue signalling thing.

Nobody is saying they hate the league because it’s full of women. The elephant in the room is that it just isn’t high quality hockey.

Even the most passionate fans will only focus on NHL. You don’t need to play the misogynist card when people simply point this out.

The question is what’s your interest in the PWHL. If anyone came in and says “I’m not interested” or “the quality of play isn’t high enough for me” then so be it. That’s your right and it’s a perfectly fine assessment.

Then you have the losers that come in and compare it to their beer league down the street which first of all is most likely not true(there are some real good leagues out there with a lot of ex pros, though you’ll be watching with no one, no production and not on your tv) and second of all what’s the point of doing that. All it does is damage the view of the league to maybe someone who could’ve potentially watched. The point was to make himself feel like a big man, which is pathetic. I’m sure you can see that.

These are the best women in the world. This will help develop womens hockey and grow the game amongst women. Give young girls like mine more hockey to watch and feel like they can be a part of someday. It’s a good thing to have. No one cares about the quality of it put up against your beer league. Just say your not interested and move on instead of trying to make it look as bad as possible.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
I just don't have much time to watch sports anymore, I have to be selective. I'll probably watch a game for curiosity but I wouldn't tune in over an NHL game tbh.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Very low

I am glad a professional league for women has started however I don't really know how I am supposed to watch it. I also don't live anywhere near the teams.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Very low

I am glad a professional league for women has started however I don't really know how I am supposed to watch it. I also don't live anywhere near the teams.
Does the Saskatchewan government jam YouTube channels to block your access? :ha:

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Does the Saskatchewan government jam YouTube channels to block your access? :ha:
O if it's on YouTube I could watch it. Never saw an ad or anything about where I can watch.

So it's for free with ads?

Edit: it's seems it's on YouTube for everyone but Canada?

So I have to get tsn+ or sportsnet+ which would be an added subscription to the list of subscription.

I guess I won't be watching.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
O if it's on YouTube I could watch it. Never saw an ad or anything about where I can watch.

So I have to get tsn+ or sportsnet+ which would be an added subscription to the list of subscription.

So you aren't the victim of provincial restrictions, it's your corporate media giants screwing you. Something else our two countries have in common.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
You’re missing my point.

CFL vs. NFL isn’t even close in terms of players. Same with PWHL vs. NHL.

It has nothing to do with schedule or anything.

Who’s the better hockey player? Taylor Heise or Brock Faber? That’s my point
The pinnacle of individual ability in hockey is the NHL All-Star Game, but that alone only takes you so far. Oftentimes it's not the names on the back that matter most.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007

It's most certainly available in Canada.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
The kind of thing you have in the background on the TV every once in a while but don't really pay attention to. But to be honest, that's my level of interest toward watching other NHL teams than the Canucks. Just don't have the passion for the sport I used to outside of my team.

Reactions: Bocephus86

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Attended the opener in St. Paul and 3 players signed autographs afterwards. The line for signatures wrapped around the entire concourse. Merch sold out before puck drop. The atmosphere was electric. I’m definitely a fan

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The real question is there a large enough fanbase out there that, after the novelty wears off, will continue to buy the product and make the league profitable in the long term? Only time will tell.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Watch for Ottawa’s Head Coach Carla McLeod. She will be Canada’s National team coach one day.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
0, I have enough hockey between SHL and somewhat keeping up with NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad