OT: Puns n' COSes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
I have some good news, and some bad news.

First of all, the good news: I am officially retiring from my job with the state of Wisconsin as of January 6, 2018.

The bad news: I am going to be moving to Mesa, Arizona - or its environs - before February of 2018.
Congrats, JW!

I've only been to Phoenix, Arizona, then all the way to Tacoma, followed by Philadelphia, Atlanta, & L.A. ;)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
An 11:30 AM game???? On a Saturday? Clearly I was not consulted. PF98 probably was, though...her late afternoon.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Pfffffft
You early risers and your daytimes. I suppose you like sunrises and dew on the ground, too.

:laugh:

At least it's an away game.

I wouldn't call 11:30 an early riser, however when I have to get to work before the sun comes up (since it doesn't get daylight until late in the morning now), that kinda forces my hand on how I look at my days.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
An 11:30 AM game???? On a Saturday? Clearly I was not consulted. PF98 probably was, though...her late afternoon.
Hahaha...... I do love it, when it's at home! Away day games.... I had to go look to see what you were talking about!

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Pfffffft
You early risers and your daytimes. I suppose you like sunrises and dew on the ground, too.

:laugh:

At least it's an away game.

Sunsets are vastly overrated don't you know.

Dew on the grass , not a big fan ..

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I wouldn't call 11:30 an early riser, however when I have to get to work before the sun comes up (since it doesn't get daylight until late in the morning now), that kinda forces my hand on how I look at my days.

I did my time with sunrises. Happily I only have to see them occasionally now, and it's usually in conjunction with a flight somewhere.

11:30 is early ON A SATURDAY.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Am I the only one that believes this "transit plan" is just a money grab?

The Urban Density isn't even close to what it needs to be to even remotely discuss it, let alone justifying throwing 5.2 BN at it.

For numbers ... go here http://nmotion2015.com/the-plan/ and scroll down to Wade Sims' thorough response.
Some of the pieces may be overkill, but something needs to be done. There are days where it takes 20-30 minutes to go 1/4 a mile or less downtown.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Some of the pieces may be overkill, but something needs to be done. There are days where it takes 20-30 minutes to go 1/4 a mile or less downtown.

This plan will not do anything to address that. Yes, it's a stupid let's be a big city mayor ( and so have to have a light rail) spend money . It doesn't even begin to address problems. Oh and yes let's have a huge underground area in downtown Nashville for flooding, drunks, urine, homelessand crime.

I read the PDF that was attached to stories....some consultant was paid a ton of taxpayer money for a ridiculous bandaid ...

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
This plan will not do anything to address that. Yes, it's a stupid let's be a big city mayor ( and so have to have a light rail) spend money . It doesn't even begin to address problems. Oh and yes let's have a huge underground area in downtown Nashville for flooding, drunks, urine, homelessand crime.

I read the PDF that was attached to stories....some consultant was paid a ton of taxpayer money for a ridiculous bandaid ...
That underground was one of the pieces I was referring to when I said overkill.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
That underground was one of the pieces I was referring to when I said overkill.

I hate coming downtown now, and if it weren't for preds games, probably wouldn't, the traffic is so bad.
But traffic is getting worse everywhere. We do need regional plans for transit, it just can't revolve around going and coming to downtown only.

The pedicabs and golf carts downtown make me insane coming / leaving games.

I've never understood what making 840 into a circle around the city wasn't done

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I hate coming downtown now, and if it weren't for preds games, probably wouldn't, the traffic is so bad.
But traffic is getting worse everywhere. We do need regional plans for transit, it just can't revolve around going and coming to downtown only.

The pedicabs and golf carts downtown make me insane coming / leaving games.

I've never understood what making 840 into a circle around the city wasn't done
I work downtown so I experience it at least 5 days a week. And yes I do ride a bus to work most of the time.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So apparently today marks ten years that I have been on hfboards... and my reward is being dubbed an "old timer" by the website :wally::cry:
I was given the same honor. Ha! You were here when I joined...

Edit: Well, you were on A board before me, but not this one.

Last edited:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Definitely. One day, a game day, it took me 30 minutes to go down 3rd ave from Sole Mio to the Pinnacle garage. 30 minutes to go 2 blocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->