Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
As Werewolf mentioned, this team needs help and it needs it quickly. It may be early, but the other teams in the AHL are getting better while this bunch of so called athletes is regressing. There is barely a handful of players I would feel are ready for an immediate call up, the rest look like career ECHLers on emergency recall. Conacher, Bournival, and Cernak would not hurt the Bolts if needed as of the end of tonight's game. There are a couple of others (McGinn and Walcott) who are on the fence as far as able to help or not. Leadership is non existent on the ice nor the bench, the power play is beyond horrible, with rare exceptions hitting only occurs when Crunch players collide with each other scurrying to and from the bench. I could go on and on but it is the same song this year. SFY was reportedly in attendance tonight, we can only pray he saw this team play as badly as the three thousand in actual attendance did.

This season was expected to be a bit of a down one compared to last year. With all the 1st and 2nd year players they weren't expected to win the North but not be this bad either. Not sure what they can do to fix the lineup. If Dumont came down that would help the veteran presence and forward play. As for the PP I don't see what can be done, nobody is trading a PPQB to us this early in the season unless we overpay which we won't do for the AHL team. Maybe we can trade Brown to a team for a defender who we can send down to help out the defense but that hurts our forward depth as Conacher would have to come up and the Crunch need him. I think the season can be salvaged with a little time letting the kids grow and develop. The Crunch aren't Hershey or Toronto where they want to win every year so there's going to be seasons like this occasionally.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Not much more to add about tonight’s game. I thought Ingram played well we he came in for Leighton, and Conacher was our best player again. Bournival and Conacher could regulars on many NHL teams but after that we have some promising young guys that need time to develop. This could bea long season in Syracuse.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Lines Tonight vs Springfield:

McGinn - Peca - Conacher
Bournival - Cirelli - Joseph
Stephens - Lynch - Yan
Erne - Akeson - Volkov

Bodie - Cernak
Walcott - McBain
Masin - Thomas

Ingram

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Crunch with a much needed 4-1 win over the still winless Thunderbirds. Erne with a couple of assists, Akesson with his first goal of the season, and Ingram with the win. Looked like he was trying to give it away in the third as he got caught at least twice playing the puck WAY outside his crease. Cernak with another solid game as he is looking more and more confident each time he hits the ice. Cirelli showed good hustle tonight.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Cernak is going to make Sustr expendable soon. Not that he's not expendable now, but, you know, Yzerman and his craving for RHD depth.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think Cernak is going to make Sustr expendable soon. Not that he's not expendable now, but, you know, Yzerman and his craving for RHD depth.

Cernak, Spencer, Thomas the plan was always for someone to knock him off. Was looking like Blujus till last year. Still don't see the point in moving Sustr now as it's more beneficial to Cernak to play big minutes in Syracuse. Unless they want Spencer playing and need a spot in Syracuse so they move Cernak up but he won't be getting a ton of minutes so not good for him.

Reactions: Callum

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Cernak, Spencer, Thomas the plan was always for someone to knock him off. Was looking like Blujus till last year. Still don't see the point in moving Sustr now as it's more beneficial to Cernak to play big minutes in Syracuse. Unless they want Spencer playing and need a spot in Syracuse so they move Cernak up but he won't be getting a ton of minutes so not good for him.

I don't think moving Sustr means we'd have to promote Cernak immediately. But Sustr is kind of injury insurance right now, and Cernak can be that while playing in the A.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I don't think moving Sustr means we'd have to promote Cernak immediately. But Sustr is kind of injury insurance right now, and Cernak can be that while playing in the A.

If we just get an injury on the defense, from Hedman all the way down to Sustr, they are just going to give someone like the Sustr, Koekkoek or Sergachev more ice time to make up for it until the recovery happens. Don't think we will see call ups on defense unless were decimated with injuries.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I rather trade Sustr than lose him for free at the end of the season as a UFA. If there is an injury we have built in tons of flexibility. The first choice would be to move Coburn back to the right side and play him with Koekkoek. Bring up a vet 7th D to serve popcorn. Another injury to the right side....we can bring up Thomas or Cernak for a third pairing role. So we can probably sustain two injuries to the right side without Sustr.

But Yzerman needs to stay very patient and get some real good value to a desperate team. No need to hurry on moving Sustr though ...wouldn't be surprised either way. Whether he stays or goes ... you can make a case either way.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I rather trade Sustr than lose him for free at the end of the season as a UFA. If there is an injury we have built in tons of flexibility. The first choice would be to move Coburn back to the right side and play him with Koekkoek. Bring up a vet 7th D to serve popcorn. Another injury to the right side....we can bring up Thomas or Cernak for a third pairing role. So we can probably sustain two injuries to the right side without Sustr.

But Yzerman needs to stay very patient and get some real good value to a desperate team. No need to hurry on moving Sustr though ...wouldn't be surprised either way. Whether he stays or goes ... you can make a case either way.

Aside from cashing in on an impatient team, I don't see the value in keeping him now that we have pretty decent depth on the right side.

I'd rather have Koekkoek as the 7th, just because he has some upside left.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Has Adam Erne really become a Crunch 4th liner? Disappointing if true.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Lines tonight vs Marlies:

Bournival - Cirelli - Joseph
Stephens - Lynch - Yan
McGinn - Peca - Conacher
Erne - Akeson - Volkov

Walcott - McBain
Bodie - Cernak
- Thomas

Ingram

Did not see Masin on the ice. He is no longer listed on the Syracuse Crunch website as part of the roster. There is a new LD playing with Thomas: #27. I don't see a #27 listed on the Crunch website and that is not Masin's number. Something weird going on.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Has Adam Erne really become a Crunch 4th liner? Disappointing if true.

They roll all 4 lines. There is no "4th Line" in Syracuse right now ... the way I wrote the lines is on the order they come on the ice to begin the game. The third line to come on the ice tonight was McGinn - Peca - Conacher for example.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Crunch fall to Marlies at home 4-2. On the plus side, Volkov with his first of the year. On the negative side, the "power play" is now 2 for 51 for the season. Masin is wearing 27.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Funnily enough, I think he's yet to post an assist. Looking like a Cy Young candidate on D.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Hoooooly shit this team is terrible. WTF is Groulx doing with these guys. First 2 minutes of the game...these are the events:

- All three forwards are caught below the dots on a shot by Cernak from the blue line.
- Junior Sens clear and puck is retrieved by Bodie. Bodie turns over the puck at our own blue line on light pressure from baby Sen ... what a horrible f***ing turnover. Ensuing 1v1 which is missed due to a scrambling back check by Cernak. Puck goes around and Bodie gets the puck which HE TURNS OVER AGAIN ON OUR OWN BLUE LINE!! WTF!!
- Sens miss the chance and now its a breakaway for Syracuse and guess who is carrying the puck ... BODIE. Its 3 v 2 in favor of the Crunch but Bodie turns the puck over just inside the Sens blue line. However, here comes Yan barreling in as the fourth man in ... he doesn't realize he now has defensive responsibilities as Bodie carried the puck as a forward ... and Yan just cruises by everyone while Bodie turns the puck over. Now its 4 v 1 the other way. Quick outlet to man behind Walcott and he has to commit a penalty (slashing) in order to stop a 1v1 chance.

What a comedy of errors. Bodie turns the puck over 3 times on consecutive plays and Yan displays and unbelievable lack of defensive awareness. Geez ... this club is comical.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Erne flatens baby Sen. Gets challenged and ensues to eat 30 or so punches to the head and body. Erne loses that decision ... easily having thrown maybe 4 or 5 punches non of them landing. 5 minutes for fighting.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Erne flatens baby Sen. Gets challenged and ensues to eat 30 or so punches to the head and body. Erne loses that decision ... easily having thrown maybe 4 or 5 punches non of them landing. 5 minutes for fighting.

Is there a worse fighter in the organization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad