Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IGUG41

May 5, 2017
Good for Blujus! Really got screwed. They never diagnosed his broken wrist, then when it was diagnosed, they tell him not to have surgery! Groulx really screwed with him. Better defensemen than Dotchin.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Good for Blujus! Really got screwed. They never diagnosed his broken wrist, then when it was diagnosed, they tell him not to have surgery! Groulx really screwed with him. Better defensemen than Dotchin.

Do you know if Jacksonville has an AHL or NHL affiliate? Surprised he didn't get any NHL training camp invites and only got a late AHL one. He is good enough to be an AHL defender so he should get an AHL contract offer some time this year.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Flat, unemotional, little co-ordination, power play now 1-26 with a shorty against, little on ice leadership. I would type mo but I am going to go to bed and try to get rid of this headache that I now have from watching Utica hand Syracuse their heads like they were playing at the Aud rather the Oncenter.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
6-1 loss at the hands of the WBS Penguins tonight for the Crunch. On the plus side the lone goal was scored on the Power Play. That is all.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Katchouk has 14 points (10g, 4a) in 10 games. Lipanov has 13 points (3g, 10a) in 10 games. Raddysh is slightly lower pace than last year, but considering the talent drain in Erie I don't think that's too surprising (3g, 9a, 12p in 9 games). Foote has slowed down a bit with 9 points in 9 games. I'm trying to think of any other CHL prospects we should be looking for right now...

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Katchouk has 14 points (10g, 4a) in 10 games. Lipanov has 13 points (3g, 10a) in 10 games. Raddysh is slightly lower pace than last year, but considering the talent drain in Erie I don't think that's too surprising (3g, 9a, 12p in 9 games). Foote has slowed down a bit with 9 points in 9 games. I'm trying to think of any other CHL prospects we should be looking for right now...

Brett Howden continues to be solid at a PPG pace 8 games with 2 goals and 6 assists

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Do you know if Jacksonville has an AHL or NHL affiliate? Surprised he didn't get any NHL training camp invites and only got a late AHL one. He is good enough to be an AHL defender so he should get an AHL contract offer some time this year.
Winnipeg/Manitoba

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Interesting question from Club. TO be honest, I do note it happening right away. He thinks the same s those above him in the Tampa management, that small, fast, and skilled hockey is the way to go rather than traditional North American style hockey. The Crunch are young and most of the vets brought in have not meshed with the team yet.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Interesting question from Club. TO be honest, I do note it happening right away. He thinks the same s those above him in the Tampa management, that small, fast, and skilled hockey is the way to go rather than traditional North American style hockey. The Crunch are young and most of the vets brought in have not meshed with the team yet.

Might take a few weeks. I feel like we've seen that before with the Crunch. The high rate of personnel turnover leads to some chemistry issues in the early going. Seems like there are a lot of younger players there this year too, although that might be my imagination (without the roster in front of me).

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Might take a few weeks. I feel like we've seen that before with the Crunch. The high rate of personnel turnover leads to some chemistry issues in the early going. Seems like there are a lot of younger players there this year too, although that might be my imagination (without the roster in front of me).
Yeah a lot of rookies in big roles.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I have seen 4 of the 5 Crunch date so far and here is my take on the players performance to date. I am not taking into account there past or what they do in the future, just this years games to date.

Jamie McBain
Was very weak the first couple of games but a bit better the last two. He has a big shot but I don't see much else. He can't keep pace the speed and is weak defensively.

Dom Masin

Excellent defensively and a guy I think is close to getting an NHL look.

Mat Bodie

Along with McBain not impressive at all. His shot is very weak and so far he looks lost out there.

Tye Mcginn

Big and slow but lethal when in tight with the puck. He seems to be a Ben favourite as he gets lots of ice time. One of the few big guys on the team I just wish he would play with more of an edge.

Mitchell Stephens

Probably the player making the most of this opportunity so far. I wasn't impressed early but he is really starting to ramp his game up. He plays a solid two way game and the only question so far is if he can develop an offensive game that would spring him to the NHL.

Mathieu Joseph

Very impressive so far he works his tail off every shift and is not afraid of going to the net. The only thing I haven't seen evidence of is any sort of offensive game.

Anthony Cirelli

He is the closest to NHL ready of any of our young players. He is solid at both ends of the ice but hasn't seemed to generate much offence so far.

Dennis Yan

Unlike the rest of our young guys he was solid offensively and a little weak defensively. He knows where to go on the ice and has a really nice shot.

Cory Conacher

Seems to be getting very frustrated early. As pretty much our lone offensive threat he took heavy abuse and cheap shots in every game I saw. He is going to need some offensive help for this team to go anywhere. The only player on team that could provide top 9 offence with the Bolts.

Jason Akeson

Much like McBain he started very slowly but got better the last two games. Not sure he has shown enough to stick once Condra comes back, but he does provide offence to a team starved for it.

Ben Thomas

I really like his overall game and like Masin he is close to NHL ready. Very creative offensively he still needs some work on his defensive game and too often forwards got in behind him to create chances.

Erik Cernak

Big strong and capable defensive rearguard. I was really impressed with this guys play in all four games. Could have a sleeper here. Unspectacular but very steady.

Michael Bournival

He looked a little rusty which is understandable coming off injury. They will need him to pick up his game as he is a valuable veteran presence on a team with many rookies.

Matthew Peca

The most disappointing player so far. Hard to believe that after an excellent training camp that put him on the Lightning radar he has all but disappeared in the first fours games. Ben just has to get him going or this team is in real trouble as he is now a key clog.

Alex Volkov

Unxfortunately unlike training camp he has looked in the first four games the biggest project this team has. You can see the skill but he makes plenty of mistakes and looks very awkward out there so far. Maybe the language barrier is proving to be an issue with just Yan being able to communicate with him ? When he's lining up for face offs there is always players trying to direct him where to go.

IMHO this start is about what can be expected with so many new faces and rookies in the lineup. Without more offensive help this team can't expect to go too far. Can the rookies start to find there groove offensively ? Can Condra/Akeson provide the boost needed ? The other question is can McBain and Bodie our two defensive veterans up there game ??

Sorry forgot one,

Adam Erne

I have given up on trying to figure this guy out. There are times when he seems to take an interest and he dominates a shift but unfortunately there are more times where he is next to invisible ?
Until he decides to play every shift I don't see him having a future in Tampa.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I watched only one game. Frigging AHL Live acting up can't watch most games. But I didn't really understand the lines.

McGinn / Peca / Conacher ... I'd put Bournival on this line - speed would be deadly.
Erne / Lynch / Volkov ... I'd put Stephens between those two.

My lines would be:

Bournival - Peca - Conacher
McGinn - Cirelli - Joseph
Erne - Stephens - Volkov
Yan - Lynch - Akenson

The current lines of:

McGinn - Peca - Conacher
Bournival - Cirelli - Joseph
Erne - Lynch - Volkov
Akeson - Stephens - Yan

This just seems poorly constructed lines.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I watched only one game. Frigging AHL Live acting up can't watch most games. But I didn't really understand the lines.

McGinn / Peca / Conacher ... I'd put Bournival on this line - speed would be deadly.
Erne / Lynch / Volkov ... I'd put Stephens between those two.

My lines would be:

Bournival - Peca - Conacher
McGinn - Cirelli - Joseph
Erne - Stephens - Volkov
Yan - Lynch - Akenson

The current lines of:

McGinn - Peca - Conacher
Bournival - Cirelli - Joseph
Erne - Lynch - Volkov
Akeson - Stephens - Yan

This just seems poorly constructed lines.

I see where you are going but the problem is so many guys are under preforming that Ben is trying to adjust on the fly and nothing is working. If everyone was playing up to there capabilities your lines look excellent....... but ! Unfortunately Peca is leading the way in under performing and he is vital to our success due to our lack of offensive skill at centre. Stephens is probably our best centre right now.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Tampacuse is spot on. Yan and Cernak are the two young players I really like while Cirelli, Joseph, and Stephens are close.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
This version of the Syracuse Crunch is terribad. OMFG are they bad ... all three zones. Completely disorganized ... not playing as a team at all. WTF is Groulx doing with them...just having them smoke cigars and jackig each other off instead of practicing? They are not even playing the Lightning system ... its awful. Only the first period but holy shit is there reason to be concerned over there.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Yan - Peca - Joseph
Erne - Cirelli - Conacher
McGinn - Stephens - Volkov
Bournival - Lynch - Akeson

Masin - Cernak
McBain - Bodie
Walcott - Thomas

Ingram
Leighton got pulled early in 1st period.

*Groulx changed all the forward and defensive lines midway through 2nd period.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
Sommpi with a hatty tonight in a 4-2 win. Seems to be off to a good start with 9 points in 4 games.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
As Werewolf mentioned, this team needs help and it needs it quickly. It may be early, but the other teams in the AHL are getting better while this bunch of so called athletes is regressing. There is barely a handful of players I would feel are ready for an immediate call up, the rest look like career ECHLers on emergency recall. Conacher, Bournival, and Cernak would not hurt the Bolts if needed as of the end of tonight's game. There are a couple of others (McGinn and Walcott) who are on the fence as far as able to help or not. Leadership is non existent on the ice nor the bench, the power play is beyond horrible, with rare exceptions hitting only occurs when Crunch players collide with each other scurrying to and from the bench. I could go on and on but it is the same song this year. SFY was reportedly in attendance tonight, we can only pray he saw this team play as badly as the three thousand in actual attendance did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad