Prospect Info: Prospects in Sweden 2022-23 Season! (CHL and SHL Schedules, highlights and more)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I really want to have a late-round pick turn into a top-6F/top-4D. It's been too long (for my liking, not for the odds of such a thing happening). I hope London can be that next guy.

If we put a hard line between 2nd and 3rd round:

1st + 2nd rounders developing well

2019 1st Moritz Seider
2020 1st Lucas Raymond
2021 1st Simon Edvinsson
2021 1st Sebastian Cossa
2019 2nd Albert Johansson
2018 2nd Jonathan Berggren
2020 2nd William Wallinder
2020 2nd Theodor Niederbach
2020 2nd Cross Hanas
2021 2nd Shai Buium
--------------

Low-rounders developing well
2021 3rd Carter Mazur
2020 3rd Donovan Sebrango
2021 4th Red Savege
2021 5th Liam Dower-Nilsson
2019 6th Elmer Söderblom

Two bottom6 centers, another "bertuzzi", good depth defenceman and really big wild card in Söderblom. He could be anything, a special player anyone else won't have.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
If we put a hard line between 2nd and 3rd round:

1st + 2nd rounders developing well

2019 1st Moritz Seider
2020 1st Lucas Raymond
2021 1st Simon Edvinsson
2021 1st Sebastian Cossa
2019 2nd Albert Johansson
2018 2nd Jonathan Berggren
2020 2nd William Wallinder
2020 2nd Theodor Niederbach
2020 2nd Cross Hanas
2021 2nd Shai Buium
--------------

Low-rounders developing well
2021 3rd Carter Mazur
2020 3rd Donovan Sebrango
2021 4th Red Savege
2021 5th Liam Dower-Nilsson
2019 6th Elmer Söderblom

Two bottom6 centers, another "bertuzzi", good depth defenceman and really big wild card in Söderblom. He could be anything, a special player anyone else won't have.

Debatable about Hanas, Buium and Niederbach.

I would also add Viro to the list of 3rd round+ players developing well. He might only be a Derek Meech that gets a cup of coffee in the NHL. He might be a Bart Lebda we use because we're hurting for cap. He might become a Nick Jensen and turns into a halfway decent 4/5 defender.

The rest of the list is great.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
That will be interesting to see. And it's kind of funny that in Liam Dower Nilsson's rookie season he's getting better linemates than Lucas Raymond got. At least in preseason.
He was back with Lundqvist and Friberg for the game yesterday, it turned out well though. I feel like he is getting a bigger chance from the start of the season then our prospects have gotten the last years. Söderblom for example only got his chance because of a season-long injury on Jacob Nilsson. Niederbach was put in a minor role all season. Even Raymond was held back in my opinion. I think the front office is panicking a bit with Niederbach leaving for Rögle.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Man, I could have sworn Dower-Nilsson was drafted 4 years ago. I guess I need to start paying a bit closer attention to these tidbits of good news about him.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Absolutely love giving Hakan and his crew all of these draft picks. This was one of my biggest criticisms of Holland who didn't want to rebuild but also didn't want to give one of the best scouts in the world quality draft picks. LDN wasn't a high draft pick, obviously, so he qualifies as a Hakan special. :yo:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Is Berglund going to be a regular in the SHL this year?

I am pretty interested in tracking Berglund and Anton Johansson to see how they do this year. Those were both very low profile picks but guys who are interesting to me.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

I am pretty interested in tracking Berglund and Anton Johansson to see how they do this year. Those were both very low profile picks but guys who are interesting to me.

I think Berglund is either hockeyettan or allsvenskan this year. That doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies.

However, Anton Johansson? For a tall kid he sure can skate. I’m really excited to see how this one turns out.

Reactions: golffuul

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009

Berglund just re-signed in the HockeyEttan (3rd tier pro), so not looking great for him. If Setkov didn't get signed I definitely don't see it for Berglund.

Johansson on the other hand looks like a really interesting prospect and comments from his pre-season games with Leksand sound very promising. He's showed a lot more offense than I expected right out the gate. But it won't be easy for him to break into Leksand's D core permanently so I would expect a bunch of junior games plus some injury call-ups this season.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
He was back with Lundqvist and Friberg for the game yesterday, it turned out well though. I feel like he is getting a bigger chance from the start of the season then our prospects have gotten the last years. Söderblom for example only got his chance because of a season-long injury on Jacob Nilsson. Niederbach was put in a minor role all season. Even Raymond was held back in my opinion. I think the front office is panicking a bit with Niederbach leaving for Rögle.

That might be a huge part of it.

In the span of one year Detroit went from having 1 Rogle prospect (Seider) and 5 Frolunda prospects (Raymond, Niederbach, Soderblom, Edvinsson, LDN) to 3 Rogle prospects (Wallinder, Kasper, Niederbach) and 1 Frolunda prospect (LDN).

Rogle has also started to become a bigger regional rival in terms of swiping young talent. Outside of Wings prospects they've had the following players through their doors since the 2018 draft:

Calle Clang (ANA)
Oskar Pettersson (OTT)
Oliver Tarnstrom (NYR)
William Stromgren (CGY)
Linus Sjodin (BUF)
Daniel Ljungman (DAL)
Thimo Nickl (ANA)
Samuel Johannesson (CBJ)
Adam Edstrom (NYR) - Might be the budget version of Elmer Soderblom
Nils Hoglander (VAN)
Simon Kjellberg (NYR)
Rasmus Sandin (TOR)
Simon Ryfors (TBL) Was signed as FA and in Syracuse now
Linus Sandin (PHL) Was signed as FA and in Lehigh but was up for a cup of coffee in Philly

...That's a pretty good system. Has any other SHL club produced more draftees and free agent signees in that same span?

Reactions: evolutionbaby

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Berglund plays in the league that's named after a snus brand, I think we can scratch him of the list. AnJo in the other hand is intriguing package, i hope he can get some minutes in Allsvenskan next season.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Berglund plays in the league that's named after a snus brand, I think we can scratch him of the list. AnJo in the other hand is intriguing package, i hope he can get some minutes in Allsvenskan next season.
Berglund is a bust. Never really saw anything in his game that made him stand out. But, 6th round pick, can't really complain.

Anton Johansson should be getting plenty of SHL looks judging by preseason. He's also the son of the GM which should help.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Debatable about Hanas, Buium and Niederbach.

I would also add Viro to the list of 3rd round+ players developing well. He might only be a Derek Meech that gets a cup of coffee in the NHL. He might be a Bart Lebda we use because we're hurting for cap. He might become a Nick Jensen and turns into a halfway decent 4/5 defender.

The rest of the list is great.

I think Hanas will make the NHL. He had a great year last year. I can see his development curve go something like:

22-23: 3rd liner for GR, maybe get a bit of PP time, but will learn a lot playing pro hockey
23-24: top 6 forward with GR. Will get regular PP minutes, and will hopefully produce good numbers in the A.
24-25: Depth NHL piece

After that it remains to be seen, but I think he makes the NHL.

The problem is, we have so many prospects that I'm telling myself "I think he makes the NHL" (Johansson, Wallinder, Sebrango, Mazur, Soderblom, Kasper, Buchelnikov, Buium, LDN, Viro, Savage) obviously some of these guys won't make it, whereas some will be moved because there simply aren't enough NHL jobs for the plethora of young talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad