Prospect Info: Prospects in Sweden 2022-23 Season! (CHL and SHL Schedules, highlights and more)

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
I'm really excited to see Johansson's development over the next couple of years. If he starts showing stuff like the others are, Kronner needs a promotion.

Check that. He needs a raise. I'm happy with him staying right where he is lol.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
That's a funny comment of the importance of veterans around the kids. :D

But it really goes that way. It's those "boring things", which will make you a good pro.

Only question is, does Dower-Nilsson center the line, or is he a winger? Because I remember Joel Lundqvist being a centreman.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
That's a funny comment of the importance of veterans around the kids. :D

But it really goes that way. It's those "boring things", which will make you a good pro.

Only question is, does Dower-Nilsson center the line, or is he a winger? Because I remember Joel Lundqvist being a centreman.

He'll probably play winger. Lundqvist is solidly the center of the trio, and younger forwards generally play wing in the SHL until they're deemed fully capable of handling the defensive responsibilities there.

A lot of teams in the SHL player a 2-2-1 system with the center being back and the most talented winger being in the lead. For reference, only 2 of the top 10 scorers in the SHL were centers full time during the season. And 4 of the top 20 total. 9 of the top 20 scorers in the NHL were centers in each of the last 2 seasons.

I think that also partly explains why Sweden hasn't produced many high scoring centers in the last 10 years.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He'll probably play winger. Lundqvist is solidly the center of the trio, and younger forwards generally play wing in the SHL until they're deemed fully capable of handling the defensive responsibilities there.

A lot of teams in the SHL player a 2-2-1 system with the center being back and the most talented winger being in the lead. For reference, only 2 of the top 10 scorers in the SHL were centers full time during the season. And 4 of the top 20 total. 9 of the top 20 scorers in the NHL were centers in each of the last 2 seasons.

I think that also partly explains why Sweden hasn't produced many high scoring centers in the last 10 years.

So is Max Friberg the guy at most offensive role ?

Both Dower-Nilsson and Lundqvist stay more down ?

I'm nothing but fine with those defensive centers. They are key factors for winning, because... they defend.

Last 3 Cup winners had either a winger or a defenceman as their leading playoff scorers. At Colorado, it also was winger Rantanen as 2nd best at playoff-scoring, before any center.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

I'm nothing but fine with those defensive centers. They are key factors for winning, because... they defend.

Last 3 Cup winners had either a winger or a defenceman as their leading playoff scorers. At Colorado, it also was winger Rantanen as 2nd best at playoff-scoring, before any center.

Max Friburg is probably the most refined offensively of the three, but I think that Lundqvist will be F1 on the forecheck. He’s still pretty physical for his age and one of the best checking and defensive forwards in the SHL.

It will be interesting to see play out. It could help LDN take a huge jump in development.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Dower-Nilsson would be expected to be the more offensive guy on the line, the finesse player. Friberg and Lundqvist are both workhorse players who are great at digging pucks out of corners and being tough to play against.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Dower-Nilsson would be expected to be the more offensive guy on the line, the finesse player. Friberg and Lundqvist are both workhorse players who are great at digging pucks out of corners and being tough to play against.

Normally I would agree, but he’s also the SHL rookie. It will still be one of Frolundas best lines though.

Do you get games on local tv there or do you go through expressen for a subscription?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Normally I would agree, but he’s also the SHL rookie. It will still be one of Frolundas best lines though.

Do you get games on local tv there or do you go through expressen for a subscription?
Have to go through expressen for these exhibition games unfortunately.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I only caught the highlights. How was his overall game?
Well, he got time on both special teams, and skated really hard for an early summer exhibition game. Hard to really assess his defensive game but what stood out were the few moments of really creative offense. He didn't really do much of that last season so could be a sign of growing confidence to attempt some higher-skill stuff.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Well, he got time on both special teams, and skated really hard for an early summer exhibition game. Hard to really assess his defensive game but what stood out were the few moments of really creative offense. He didn't really do much of that last season so could be a sign of growing confidence to attempt some higher-skill stuff.

LDN was very dynamic in J20 and he plays in a way that his higher end skills can translate up levels. It may take a season or two but I think we'll see some pretty good offense out of him in the SHL before he moves to North America. LDN looks like he's on the 4 year plan.

Reactions: lilidk

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
LDN was very dynamic in J20 and he plays in a way that his higher end skills can translate up levels. It may take a season or two but I think we'll see some pretty good offense out of him in the SHL before he moves to North America. LDN looks like he's on the 4 year plan.
I expect a Cristoffer Ehn level guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad