Blue Jays Discussion: Prospects getting the call! Jansen, Reid-Foley up to the show

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Must be painful to be a Mariners' fan this weekend. We've all been on the other side watching our contending team throw away opportunity to a team playing out the string.

They deserve it, they aren't a good team at all. Just insane luck in extra innings and one run games.

A few days ago it was reported that they had the best record EVER for an MLB team with a negative run differential. They will come back down to earth and it has already started.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
It looks like San Diego just let both Jordan Lyles (MIL) and Tyson Ross (STL) go on trade waivers. Interesting.
I’m a little surprised we didn’t put a claim in Ross. Just in an effort to find someone that can maybe eat some innings.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I’m a little surprised we didn’t put a claim in Ross. Just in an effort to find someone that can maybe eat some innings.
I believe Ross had to pass through the NL first before being made available to AL teams. I am however, a little surprised that Hutch wasn’t brought back, I’m sure Toronto could’ve given him a MLB contract like Texas did.

Also, Osuna was reinstated by Houston, McCullers to the DL.

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay
I think it'll be interesting to see or try to read the post game comments by the Astro's. Osuna is expected to address the team and explain the happenings that lead to his suspension. This will definitely affect how the clubhouse affects him and whether or not it affects the team, based on to highly respected and outspoken teammates on the issue of domestic violence.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
It looks like San Diego just let both Jordan Lyles (MIL) and Tyson Ross (STL) go on trade waivers. Interesting.

Huh. If they just let them go, that's really, really stupid. Ross has value.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I believe Ross had to pass through the NL first before being made available to AL teams. I am however, a little surprised that Hutch wasn’t brought back, I’m sure Toronto could’ve given him a MLB contract like Texas did.

you're right. He did have to go through the nl first. I guess current brass isn't familiar with him but I was surprised to we didn't look at Hutch. Who knows though. Maybe we did and he had no interest

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

double post sorry.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Guerrero 0-3 but started a ninth inning rally with a walk and the Bisons scored 4 runs to take the lead 6-5.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Guerrero 0-3 but started a ninth inning rally with a walk and the Bisons scored 4 runs to take the lead 6-5.

I’m kinda hoping they score a run here in the bottom of the 9th so that he gets another at bat.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Not trying to start a Simmons bashing, but is it true the Jays were concerned with Osuna’s character as he states in his article this AM? I’ve never heard anyone associated with the Jays or the media say anything about his character before the domestic incident.

From his article in today’s Sun
“Long before there were charges, before there were headlines, before they decided to get him out of town by trading him to Houston, the Blue Jays had concerns about Roberto Osuna’s character.
They were worried about what they thought was a life out of control. They were worried about his immaturity and personal makeup. They were worried that the same fearless attitude that made him one of the great closers in baseball — nothing seemed to scare him or rattle him — led to some of the unravelling of his personal life and the eventual trade to the Astros.”

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I gotta give Tellez some props. With everything he's been going through personally and missing some time early this year, he's really picked it up hitting .351/.395/1.006 post all star break.

Most impressive is he has virtually no platoon split on the year, which is pretty impressive for a young would-be slugger. Hitting almost as good against lefties as righties, albeit with less power.

(Left) .284/.385/.756
(Right) .269/.330/.788

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
I laughed at this harder than I should have

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180805-211649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180805-211649_Samsung Internet.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 65

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
On another note Biagini has been turned into a useless asset. He went from a great late inning option to garbage at this point. He’s a real miss managed player that really should be on a crazy short least

Btw his era 6.66.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
On another note Biagini has been turned into a useless asset. He went from a great late inning option to garbage at this point. He’s a real miss managed player that really should be on a crazy short least

Btw his era 6.66.

I feel like it's such a copout to blame management for transitioning him back to what he was originally doing. He was known for having a low HR/FB prior to being selected in the rule 5, he had a low HR/FB rate through his 4 starts in Buffalo this year. Maybe he should just stop sucking?

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Why would you throw Vladdy at 2nd? I assume that's who you mean when you say Jr? Not sure why you would move a seemingly finally healthy Travis or a starting to come around Grishuk? And you want to deal one either who can't stay healthy and the only young legit top of the rotation arm ho wants to stay with the jays. Does Stroman have to make some changes? , Sure. But I think his supposed clubhouse issues are inflated by the Toronto media, surprise, surprise. But, the biggest thing with everyone you're looking to move is they're all at their lowest values, you're moving them for the sake of moving them.

I was refering to gurriel jr. Travis is what he is i think ive seen enough. Imforgot about grichuk, hes what 2 war? Hes young controlled yup he stays.

I really just dont see stroman as an ace but i do think other teams might, or at least as a top of the rotation guy.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
If Stroman & Sanchez rebound next season, we could be a lot better than people expect. Obviously we won't be battling with the Yanks & Sox, but it wouldn't shock me if we squeek into the 2nd wildcard.

Especially if Borucki is legit as well.

I wouldn't bet on it, but I think a lot of people here think we have no chance at all next season, and that's not the case.

Yeah, no, its over. Its time to move on.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I feel like it's such a copout to blame management for transitioning him back to what he was originally doing. He was known for having a low HR/FB prior to being selected in the rule 5, he had a low HR/FB rate through his 4 starts in Buffalo this year. Maybe he should just stop sucking?
I may have given him too much of an out. He has sucked balls since that transition to starter happened but it’s on him to figure his shit out. He’s been brutal. I actually laugh when he comes in and you almost know one ball is leaving the yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad