Blue Jays Discussion: Prospects getting the call! Jansen, Reid-Foley up to the show

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Gotta admit, I wasn't super high on the Grichuk trade, especially after his terrible start. But he's on pace for at least 2WAR now which is an average everyday player. Getting an average everyday player for a fringe prospect and a reliever is good value.

Who knows, he could breakout and become a close to above average regular like Smoak, especially if he shows a bit more discipline, learns to hit better on the road and lefties. Currently, hitting .316/.371/.614 post all star, .823OPS over last 30 games as well.

Grichuk

Career: 107wrc+, 3.2war650
ThisYr: 104wrc+, 2.8war650

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
Yep. It’s been this way for years. Think about it; High School football starts the week before Labour Day weekend and College football alway starts Labour Day weekend so kids have to be in school.
What part of the country are u from?
In alberta/sask if theres kids aprt of highschool sports like that they practise early but school doesnt start till after the long weekend in SEPTEMBER haha

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
2-2 with 2 walks for Vladdy in g2 of the doubleheader. Average up to a respectable .362, OBP well north of .500.

And he hasn’t even begun showing power yet. The potential is ridiculous.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Shots fired from Keith Law in his latest chat lol:

Nolan: What’s your most memorable case of a fan base really sticking it to you for not thinking their fringe prospect was a future star? Junior Lake stands out to me, for some reason.
Keith Law: That was one. Lot from Cubs fans on Brett Jackson, too. Jays fans with Rowdy Tellez.

Rowdy may still join the extensive list of players to prove Law wrong.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
I would move Estrada and Garcia or leave him in the pen if you cant move him.

Roll with Stroman, Borucki, SRF, Pannone, and Sanchez or Gaviglio if Sanchez isnt healthy. Need to throw these guys in the fire to see if we can trust them to be starter next season or if we need to invest more assets to a better short term solution. Hoping Paulino, Perez, Harris, Zeuch and/or Romano can be options too. If we can get through a season with some variation of those 11 guys then and maybe Happ then maybe you are spending less than 30M on starters instead of around 50M we have been spending the last few seasons.

I dont think you will see much. Next season is a throw away, idmrather just start with a new manager, set innings on younger guys znd just let them have the year. If a kid is having a hard time you can work with him and set three or four start goals. There is zero reason to invest in a bullpen next year.

Id give jr second, drury third, tellez 1st , tulo / diaz ss, teoscar lf/ cf and everyone else id move for more prospects.

I think im at the point where stroman/ sanchez id deal. Stroman for sure as hes a headache and could net a decent return. Sanchez tho has ace stuff and im hesitant.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I dont think you will see much. Next season is a throw away, idmrather just start with a new manager, set innings on younger guys znd just let them have the year. If a kid is having a hard time you can work with him and set three or four start goals. There is zero reason to invest in a bullpen next year.

Id give jr second, drury third, tellez 1st , tulo / diaz ss, teoscar lf/ cf and everyone else id move for more prospects.

I think im at the point where stroman/ sanchez id deal. Stroman for sure as hes a headache and could net a decent return. Sanchez tho has ace stuff and im hesitant.
What you would do is a terrible idea. We still need to field a team. Why keep Teoscar over Grichuk? I’m not sure who jr is. It’s early so my brain is just getting going. Anyway, maybe part of your plan works when you trade the existing players at the deadline.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I will say that Travis and Grichuk have brought their numbers back up near respectability. Without the shit start they could have had really good years offensively.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I will say that Travis and Grichuk have brought their numbers back up near respectability. Without the **** start they could have had really good years offensively.

They still might.

Travis could reasonably reach .270 with .800+ OPS if he keeps this up.

Grichuk could hit 25 HR, .250 with .800+ OPS.

I mean it's not worldbeating but these are good years.

Also lol at Seattle potentially throwing away their playoff hopes in this series.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
What part of the country are u from?
In alberta/sask if theres kids aprt of highschool sports like that they practise early but school doesnt start till after the long weekend in SEPTEMBER haha

SEC country, Tn and Florida.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Must be painful to be a Mariners' fan this weekend. We've all been on the other side watching our contending team throw away opportunity to a team playing out the string.

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay

Why would you throw Vladdy at 2nd? I assume that's who you mean when you say Jr? Not sure why you would move a seemingly finally healthy Travis or a starting to come around Grishuk? And you want to deal one either who can't stay healthy and the only young legit top of the rotation arm ho wants to stay with the jays. Does Stroman have to make some changes? , Sure. But I think his supposed clubhouse issues are inflated by the Toronto media, surprise, surprise. But, the biggest thing with everyone you're looking to move is they're all at their lowest values, you're moving them for the sake of moving them.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Why would you throw Vladdy at 2nd? I assume that's who you mean when you say Jr? Not sure why you would move a seemingly finally healthy Travis or a starting to come around Grishuk? And you want to deal one either who can't stay healthy and the only young legit top of the rotation arm ho wants to stay with the jays. Does Stroman have to make some changes? , Sure. But I think his supposed clubhouse issues are inflated by the Toronto media, surprise, surprise. But, the biggest thing with everyone you're looking to move is they're all at their lowest values, you're moving them for the sake of moving them.

Gurriel Jr

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
If Stroman & Sanchez rebound next season, we could be a lot better than people expect. Obviously we won't be battling with the Yanks & Sox, but it wouldn't shock me if we squeek into the 2nd wildcard.

Especially if Borucki is legit as well.

I wouldn't bet on it, but I think a lot of people here think we have no chance at all next season, and that's not the case.

Last edited:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
McCullers is down with a forearm issue. Looks like it’s time to expose estrada

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
If Stroman & Sanchez rebound next season, we could be a lot better than people expect. Obviously we won't be battling with the Yanks & Sox, but it wouldn't shock me if we squeek into the 2nd wildcard.

Especially if Borucki is legit as well.

I wouldn't bet on it, but I think a lot of people here think we have no chance at all next season, and that's not the case.
That’s how I felt this year. It would be another season in which everything would have to right and this season is an example of when it doesn’t and you need it to

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
It looks like San Diego just let both Jordan Lyles (MIL) and Tyson Ross (STL) go on trade waivers. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad