Blue Jays Discussion: Prospects getting the call! Jansen, Reid-Foley up to the show

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Justin Smoak cleared trade waivers. I must say I find that rather surprising and odd.

No surprise at all, almost every one goes on recallable waivers, their fishing to see it some one can knock their socks off with an offer they can't refuse. If not they just recall them.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
No surprise at all, almost every one goes on recallable waivers, their fishing to see it some one can knock their socks off with an offer they can't refuse. If not they just recall them.
Yes, but no team even claimed him on waivers. That’s what surprised me, he’s been one of the best 1B in baseball for two years and a few contenders could use an upgrade.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What is the most likely scenario? Because that is the problem here - we are disagreeing on what the most likely scenario is. No need to make definitive statements in August when you dont need to fill your 2019 lineup card until April.

Oh, come on.

If we're doing things like that then we might as well not discuss anything, ever, because we don't know what will happen 100%.

The guys I listed are all overwhelmingly likely to be on the team, and if they are the roster is already overcrowded on the infield.

Barring multiple players getting unexpectedly traded or injured (and no new UFA signings) bringing back a 32 y/o Solarte makes zero sense. If those things do happen, then we can re-evaluate for that new reality. But in the reality we're living in ... good bye and he won't be missed.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Oh, come on.

If we're doing things like that then we might as well not discuss anything, ever, because we don't know what will happen 100%.

The guys I listed are all overwhelmingly likely to be on the team, and if they are the roster is already overcrowded on the infield.

Barring multiple players getting unexpectedly traded or injured (and no new UFA signings) bringing back a 32 y/o Solarte makes zero sense. If those things do happen, then we can re-evaluate for that new reality. But in the reality we're living in ... good bye and he won't be missed.

Never once said not to discuss anything. What do you think we are doing now, discussing it.

Love this reality and new reality.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Darvish is done for the year. Maybe the Cubs might want Estrada?

Why would any contender want Estrada to start for them? I doubt any playoff team would even have him on the playoff roster. You think he would make a start for a team in the playoffs? He would be a long guy, at best. I would be shocked if he is moved between now and the 31st

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Would be mighty impressive to see the O's finish the season with a sub .300 win percentage. I think the only post-WW2 teams to do that were the 1952 Pirates, and the 1962 Mets expansion team.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Why would any contender want Estrada to start for them? I doubt any playoff team would even have him on the playoff roster. You think he would make a start for a team in the playoffs? He would be a long guy, at best. I would be shocked if he is moved between now and the 31st

Because he can currently outperform Chatwood for their #5 spot. That doesn't meant they're looking to acquire him for the postseason, but simply to not tank every fifth game. They have their main four in Hamels/Hendricks/Lester/Quintana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad