Prospects and Marlies Thread: Post Season and Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Anyone else disappointed in how Timashov has progressed ( or lack thereof) than just me? I expected more offensive upside from him

Not at all.

He definitely didnt exceed expectations, but this is the transition to the AHL for most guys. Most 20 year old AHL rookies DONT light the roof on fire. We were honestly spoilt with Nylander coming in at 18 and averaging almost a PPG.

The AHL is a damn tough league and generally first year players struggle, especially if they dont consistently get top 6 minutes.

Now, next year is where you hope he gets a little bigger and faster, and then produce at more of a top 6 clip

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
:handclap::handclap:
:handclap:

Budsfan; moving at the speed of twitter!

I came earlier to post the tweet that kk was on the ice, you beat me.
Came to post the above tweet, you beat me!
:laugh:
:thumbu:

This is very good news.
Not the news about how you keep losing the tweet post contest (I'm sorry, don't give up), but the Kapanen is ok news.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Anyone else disappointed in how Timashov has progressed ( or lack thereof) than just me? I expected more offensive upside from him

Not disappointed for where he was picked. 5th rounders are long shots and it would have been a shocker if he tore it up as a rookie. The AHL is a tough league. Anthony Mantha was a better Junior and a 1st round pick, and he was a 33pt rookie so just 9 pts better than Timashov. Still a long shot but also still a prospect. Next year will a big one for him and Johnsson.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
This is very good news.
Not the news about how you keep losing the tweet post contest (I'm sorry, don't give up), but the Kapanen is ok news.

I'm going to work on my tweet drive train this summer and hope to improve my tweet/60e for next season!
:laugh:

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton

disappointed in the numbers a bit, but seemed like every time he played up the lineup he put up points so seems more like he got the Kapanen treatment from last year than was actually not good. I've heard a bunch of people say they expect much better numbers when he gets the opportunity to play top 6 with PP time, and think that will be next year as the Leipsic/Rychel/Kapanen level players graduate. Also think Bracco will have a very disappointing point total in the AHL next year as he gets that same checking line treatment

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
IIRC Timashov had a nice stretch where he was close to PPG, when Kapanen and Leipsic were injured.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Timashov spent the entire season up and down the lineup, and probably 3/4 of it on the 4th line or scratched. Whenever he got top 6 minutes with legit linemates he put up good points.

If/when he gets top 6 minutes next year for the entire season, but still doesn't put up great points then maybe he could be in the disappointing category, but right now it's far too soon. Even if he slumps next year, it's still too soon. He's still only 20.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Personally, I don't see how you can look at Timshov's numbers and be disappointed.

He was a 5th round pick in his rookie AHL season. The hype train got blown out of control when a blogger wrote an article on him (a very well done article to say the least) explaining that his trajectory looked to have him in some elite company.

He played most of the season on the 3rd/4th line and sometimes scratched (normal for a player of his age/skill set).

When Leipsic and Kapanen went down, he was thrusted into an offensive role and put up close to a point per game.

I think we will all be pleasantly surprised with his play next year when he gets a chance at some offensive minutes.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Based on his usage and how he performed in a bigger role for a stretch during the season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tima put up 20 goals and 50 points next season ... I assume he'll get more prime minutes, and given more PP time.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Feeling lazy today, could anyone post estimated Syracuse lineup we'll be facing Friday.

I shall oblige...

Conacher - Gourde - Bournival
McGinn - Peca - Condra
Erne - Froese - Vermin
Howden - Dumont - Lynch

Koekkoek - Dotchin
Masin - Taormina
Brodeur - Thomas

McKenna

This team is rolling four lines at the moment. Stephens got back late from London...may draw in sometime. Blujus, 2nd rounder from 2012 spent most of the season injured ... also ready to return plays a top 4 role usually.

keon

Nov 9, 2002
Visit site
I shall oblige...

McGinn - Peca - Condra
Erne - Froese - Vermin
Howden - Dumont - Lynch

Koekkoek - Dotchin
Masin - Taormina
Brodeur - Thomas

McKenna

This team is rolling four lines at the moment. Stephens got back late from London...may draw in sometime. Blujus, 2nd rounder from 2012 spent most of the season injured ... also ready to return plays a top 4 role usually.

I hope Clune or Rychel wrap Dotchin up in a cast early in Game 1.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Timashov was always a long shot but if you're writing him off at 20 you're not paying attention. I have faith that our development staff, who actually seem competent now, can help him be the best he can be. Marathon not a race and all that.

How would we rate Andreas Johnsson's season? I remember him starting slow but 47 points in 75 games is solid for an NA newbie. He's been one of the guys I've been rooting for the most since his draft day. Would love to see him in the Blue and White some day, if he can earn it.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
I shall oblige...

McGinn - Peca - Condra
Erne - Froese - Vermin
Howden - Dumont - Lynch

Koekkoek - Dotchin
Masin - Taormina
Brodeur - Thomas

McKenna

Thank you Werewolf.

So looks like this round won't be a walk in the park. TB had a lot of injuries this year, even without that there is a boatload of guys on that squad that have NHL experience.

Should be a good series.

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
But where the heckaroonie is Bracco? Bud has had decent stats, but no contract yet. Kind of sucks if we let him go. He, along with Dermott, was the reason we passed on Konency.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
But where the heckaroonie is Bracco? Bud has had decent stats, but no contract yet. Kind of sucks if we let him go. He, along with Dermott, was the reason we passed on Konency.

Bracco signed his entry level contract weeks ago.

The Windsor Spitfires are in the Memorial cup this season, because Windsor is hosting them, which is why Bracco is still apart of that team right now.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Bracco signed his entry level contract weeks ago.

The Windsor Spitfires are in the Memorial cup this season, because Windsor is hosting them, which is why Bracco is still apart of that team right now.

link? I missed that, I think it was speculated but never announced

edit: don't worry found it. I even remember seeing the pic of him signing but forgot all about it.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Thank you Werewolf.

So looks like this round won't be a walk in the park. TB had a lot of injuries this year, even without that there is a boatload of guys on that squad that have NHL experience.

Should be a good series.

This will be a tough one for sure. The crunch is always a fun match up.
As a team we have played better since they let Dineen go so I'm hoping that is enough to give us the series. I'm expecting a long battle but wishing the marlies will sweep.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
“I felt I was more offensively gifted than I was defensively coming into this year,†said Dermott. “I needed to focus more on my defensive side. I think I’ve done that.â€

Dermott is not particularly tall for a defenceman, about five-foot-11. But he’s incredibly thick, a muscular 215 pounds.

“He frankly has been pretty consistent for us,†Keefe said. “An injury set him back, but early in the season he was playing really well, and he’s back to playing that way now. He’s reliable and consistent, and moves the puck extremely well.

“We don’t spend a lot of time in our end when he’s out there. That’s been a real strength.â€
https://www.thestar.com/sports/hock...es-to-lead-defensive-charge-to-the-leafs.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00