Prospects and Marlies Thread: Post Season and Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
After talking to the Wild board, I got some pretty good reviews for JD Greenway:

Big physical Dman. Likes to mix it up and plays with a real edge. Skates well for his size. Has good puck skills. Solid in his own end. Was the 2nd best Dman on his team. Thats saying a lot considering hes a freshman.

his tools are extremely impressive, if he puts the offensive side together the sky is the limit

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Always nice to see late round picks like Piccinich snag a contract, even if it is an AHL deal.

... and yeah... Korshkov's stick looks hilariously short for his size.:laugh:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Great way to win the first round series. They've got a huge task in this second series against a veteran laden Syracuse team.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
GAME 4 RECAP

Scoring
1st
8:55 TOR Travis Dermott (1) ASST: Kerby Rychel (2), Justin Holl (5)
2nd
16:53 ALB Carter Camper (2) ASST: John Quenneville (1), Ben Sexton (2)
3rd
No Scoring
OT
No Scoring
2nd OT
No Scoring
3rd OT
6:43 TOR Justin Holl (1) ASST: Frederik Gauthier (3), Brendan Leipsic (1)

Penalties
1st
09:28 TOR Rinat Valiev, High-sticking, 2 min PP
20:00 ALB John Quenneville, Boarding, 2 min PP
2nd
No Penalties
3rd
No Penalties
OT
12:52 TOR Rinat Valiev, Double minor - High-sticking, 4 min PP
2nd OT
11:21 ALB Ben Thomson, Hooking, 2 min PP
3rd OT
No Penalties

*Shots On Goal: 60-31..., Marlies..

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Game Highlights: Albany Devils at Toronto Marlies: Game 4 - April 28, 2017

Marlies Post-Game: Sheldon Keefe - April 28, 2017

Marlies Post-Game: Kasimir Kaskisuo - April 28, 2017

Marlies Post-Game: Justin Holl - April 28, 2017

Marlies Post-Game: Travis Dermott - April 28, 2017

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Holl "we had a come to Jesus meeting" :laugh:

omg I laughed at that one - he didn't want to say it but it was the only expression in his head...

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Anyone else disappointed in how Timashov has progressed ( or lack thereof) than just me? I expected more offensive upside from him

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Anyone else disappointed in how Timashov has progressed ( or lack thereof) than just me? I expected more offensive upside from him

He doesnt get prime offensive minutes. He is basically in the role that Kapanen was last year. Not too mention, when Timashov was getting top minutes, he did really well. Expect him to get a bigger role next year and his numbers to increase.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

toronto - reading through the marlies lineup last spring was like browsing the menu of a high-end restaurant.

The parent maple leafs could pick from entrees featuring william nylander, connor brown, kasperi kapanen, nikita soshnikov and other nhl-bound players such as connor carrick.

“last year it was more high-end skill,†agreed captain andrew campbell. “now, it’s a lot more meat and potatoes. I think that benefits us this time of year.â€
“to play the type of team we just did, beat them in four, hold them to as few shots as we did (17 in regulation) and put a lot of rubber on their net ... That shows we play more off a playoff style.†campbell said.
season saver

veteran winger rich clune mentioned a couple of days ago how a series of mid-season meetings and player personnel moves changed direction when the marlies were last in the north.

“i give (gm) kyle dubas a lot of credit,†clune said. “he has a good feel of when to pick his spots and he hit the team with some truth in january, from the coaches down to the players. We turned this ship around and almost won the division.â€

holl called the january soul-searching “a come-to-jesus moment†for the team. The marlies then made the playoffs a sixth straight year and for the fifth time, are advancing beyond the first round.

“development and winning go hand and hand here,†clune said.

“it’s an environment where you don’t learn anything from losing. Sure you take lessons from some losses, but the ultimate goal is to win and encourage that culture. It’s an expectation when you sign now with the leas and the marlies.â€

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
He doesnt get prime offensive minutes. He is basically in the role that Kapanen was last year. Not too mention, when Timashov was getting top minutes, he did really well. Expect him to get a bigger role next year and his numbers to increase.

Kapanen produced more in that role last season. Timashov had a perfectly reasonable first pro season. The only issue surrounding him was that some over-the-top reviews with some young stud pictures had inflated the 5th round pick's status in the fan community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad