Prospects and Marlies Thread: Post Season and Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
interestingly enough, there are some dmen who turned into elite NHL'ers including offensively whose AHL performances in their D+2/D+3 years look a lot like Dermott's - Duncan Keith comes to mind. Fun to think about, even if it's a very long shot
You know it doesn't take much for me to get excited about Dermott?
He has always impressed me and imo had and outstanding rookie year as a pro. I see no reason to think he won't make the jump and be exellent in the nhl sooner rather than later.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
From my viewing of Dermott this year, he always looked like a stud. What i mean by that is simply that a lot of players come and go through the Marlies, and we get to see a bunch have NHL careers ... but when there's a player who is that much better ... it sticks out. Obviously his injury damped the ability to get a long read on him this year, but more particularly in the last couple of months we have.

With respect to all the other very good players, he's not Valiev or Percy or Granberg or Loov or whoever. You just look at him on the ice out there and it's obvious he's on a different level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad