Prospects and Marlies Thread: Post Season and Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
My 5th highlight-montage for Kasperi Kapanen...who plays Forward position with the 2016-17 Toronto Marlies....
and also played the last games of the Toronto Maple Leafs 2016-17 regular season..and into the NHL 2017 Playoffs..

Kasperi was one of the top Marlies scorers.. and also notched his first NHL goal with the Leafs in regular season, on April 8th..
and added two 2017 play-off goals in the same game (with the 2nd being a double-overtime game-winning goal)..

10001953-nhl-pittsburgh-penguins-at-toronto-maple-leafs-850x560.jpeg

Kasperi Kapanen
Forward -- shoots R
Born Jul 23 1996 -- Kuopio, Finland
20 yrs. ago
Height 6.01 -- Weight 185

RECENT STATS:
(*Up to April 25th 2017)

2015-16 Toronto Maple Leafs - NHL
9 Games... 0 Goals... 0 Assists... 0 Points... -3
-------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 Team Sweden U-20 - WJC
7 Games... 2 Goals... 3 Assists... 5 Points... -2
-------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 Toronto Marlies - AHL
44 Games... 9 Goals... 16 Assists... 25 Points... +7
------------------------------------------------------------
2016 AHL PLAYOFFS
14 Games... 3 Goals... 5 Assists... 8 Points... +1
*2016-17 Toronto Marlies - AHL
43 Games... 18 Goals... 25 Assists... 43 Points... +2 *PPG
*2016-17 Toronto Maple Leafs - NHL
8 Games... 1 Goal... 0 Assists... 1 Point... - 2
*2017 NHL PLAYOFFS
6 Games... 2 Goals... 0 Assists... 2 Points... - 2

Clips include: All of his 2016-17 season goals..., up to December 10th 2016..., plus a few assists..;
brief clips from an October 3rd 2016 interview ..... and other various 2015 & 2016 clips and photos...

I Am Kappy: *All Kasperi Kapanen 2016-17 AHL & NHL Goals - TML (HD)

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Leipsic 2 G, Kapanen 2 A, Dermott 2 A, Goat 1 A

3-2 OT win tonight. Up 2-1 in the series.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
I'm pretty sure Dermott is NHL ready, honestly. No need to rush him, but he's certainly going to push for a spot. He looks clean out there.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I didn't realize how big Dermott is... only 5'11" tall... but 215lbs? That's a thick dude.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Good to hear our futures all contributed tonight. How'd our past look - Loov?

Invisible. Honestly didn't even remember he was playing until I read your post. Only time I heard his name was when he touched the puck. Didn't even notice him

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Invisible. Honestly didn't even remember he was playing until I read your post. Only time I heard his name was when he touched the puck. Didn't even notice him

Wow. Loov was on such an earlier trajectory with the Marlies a few years back. I've been a Dermott fan for awhile. He's gonna be a solid guy for us. I view him a lot like Zaitsev. Not spectacular at any one thing but strong at a variety of necessary skills. Good shot, strong skater, can play his off wing, natural leadership qualities(just what I've see from afar).

I was excited to see what Hunter was gonna do in last years draft after Matthews and I'm even more excited to see what his focus will be the 3rd time around. Can only hope he uncovers at least a couple gems of defense for us.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Wow. Loov was on such an earlier trajectory with the Marlies a few years back. I've been a Dermott fan for awhile. He's gonna be a solid guy for us. I view him a lot like Zaitsev. Not spectacular at any one thing but strong at a variety of necessary skills. Good shot, strong skater, can play his off wing, natural leadership qualities(just what I've see from afar).

I was excited to see what Hunter was gonna do in last years draft after Matthews and I'm even more excited to see what his focus will be the 3rd time around. Can only hope he uncovers at least a couple gems of defense for us.

I too was a Lööv lover. I guess hunter and Co know their stuff.

I agree with the Dermott Zaitsev comparison, but Dermott is a lot more ruff especially along the boards and at this point Dermott seems very adept at making space for himself (will have to see if he can do that in the nhl) that Z seems to be a little weaker at, but again 2 different levels so hard to really say.

Draft day I just sit back and have the hockey db page open for when hunter hits the podium after the 1st round! Haha

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I too was a Lööv lover. I guess hunter and Co know their stuff.

I agree with the Dermott Zaitsev comparison, but Dermott is a lot more ruff especially along the boards and at this point Dermott seems very adept at making space for himself (will have to see if he can do that in the nhl) that Z seems to be a little weaker at, but again 2 different levels so hard to really say.

Draft day I just sit back and have the hockey db page open for when hunter hits the podium after the 1st round! Haha

Ya Basically, I think of last year as Matthews, Grundstrum, Greenway, Korshkov in that order. The rest are all gambles - good ones I guess but gambles none-the-less. Woll, Middleton, Bobylev, etc all decent picks. Time will tell.

Do you think Holl has any chance of getting a chance? Guy looked good on tat O/T goal tonight. He's got the wheels - does he handle the d-zone reliably?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Ya Basically, I think of last year as Matthews, Grundstrum, Greenway, Korshkov in that order. The rest are all gambles - good ones I guess but gambles none-the-less. Woll, Middleton, Bobylev, etc all decent picks. Time will tell.

Do you think Holl has any chance of getting a chance? Guy looked good on tat O/T goal tonight. He's got the wheels - does he handle the d-zone reliably?

He's ok in the D zone. His biggest asset is his skating and he moves the puck well. He's also 25 so he should have the maturity physically and mentally. Imo Dermott then holl and maybe Valiev, if he can come back refreshed in the summer for camp, will be the 3 hopefuls from the marlies d corps.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
As I think about it Holl could work out well. Marincin type reach, Carrick like skating. If he can put it together we could be quite fortunate.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
As I think about it Holl could work out well. Marincin type reach, Carrick like skating. If he can put it together we could be quite fortunate.

There is also some underrated offense in Holl that is now just starting to rise to the surface.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
There is also some underrated offense in Holl that is now just starting to rise to the surface.

Ya he really turned that up a notch in the latter part of the season.
I don't know if his offense will translate to the nhl, but even if he just stays solid in our end of the ice nd moves the puck well, he could still be a keeper.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I always forget about Stephen Desrocher he is a legit prospect 6'4" just put up 51 points on the O this season, will there be enough room on the marlies D next season

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Dermott
Neilsen
Holl
Campbell
Maybe Valiev
Oleksy
Desrocher
Lindgren

That might be the defenceman for the Marlies next season ignoring FA signings

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Can anyone hit me with a quick update of which of our prospects are still playing? Besides the Marlies.

Adam Brooks is playing for the Regina Pats who are in the third round of the WHL playoffs. Jeremy Bracco and the Windsor Spitfires were eliminated from the OHL playoffs but will appear in the Memorial Cup as the host team. Peterborough and Korostelev were just eliminated. I believe that is it except for the Marlies and the World championships. I hope someone will add any I have forgotten.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Adam Brooks is playing for the Regina Pats who are in the third round of the WHL playoffs. Jeremy Bracco and the Windsor Spitfires were eliminated from the OHL playoffs but will appear in the Memorial Cup as the host team. Peterborough and Korostelev were just eliminated. I believe that is it except for the Marlies and the World championships. I hope someone will add any I have forgotten.

did Chebykin's team get eliminated from VHL playoffs yet? not bad effort from him 9 points in 15 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad