Status
Not open for further replies.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
This is the guy, I REALLY want to see play some games....! :nod:

Shut-Out King: Antoine Bibeau 2014-15 Highlights - TML

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
You develop and identify your top core players. You try to keep those players together for as long as you can. You trade the ones that are not or that are replaceable with younger and cheaper assets.

Rinse and repeat.

Little Timashov pitched another shut out in the Q, both of our Q propects were held scoreless again, happening a little too often to my liking. As the year goes on the tempo increases, can they keep pace?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Little Timashov pitched another shut out in the Q, both of our Q propects were held scoreless again, happening a little too often to my liking. As the year goes on the tempo increases, can they keep pace?

Why am I quoted here?

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Goal for Stephen Desrochers, one of our less heralded prospects. 11 g, 30 a, 41 pts, spread between two teams.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Their rinsing out of late.

I guess you just value my great opinion. I'll take it as a compliment.

Not every pick will end up great though? Timashov still had a really good season despite struggling to adapt to Shawinigan. I've read good things about his game there despite not putting up the points he did in Quebec. I was never high on Dzierkals myself to be honest. He's doing all right as a rookie in the Q.

Bracco has been really good for Kitchener. Marner is dominating. Nielsen is dominating. Dermott has been Erie's #1 defender and they are the best in the OHL. Half of the prospects from last year have been producing at a high level. Why aren't you mentioning those guys? I can only guess.

So harp on the negatives all you want if it makes you feel better.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Quite solid. Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the Marlies next season with Dermott and Nielsen

The question is really would we rather have him be a top pairing defenseman in the ECHL, or be the 7th defenseman in the AHL and rotate in semi-regularly. He possesses defensive skills that probably made him the best defenseman on Oshawa last year. He has improved offensively, and he has the potential to become even better as he fills out (he's still only 198 lbs) and continues to improve, because you can tell he has a lot more room to keep on getting better.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Colin Smith and Lindberg were good pickups to keep the Marlies competitive while guys got called up to the Leafs. Maybe we should have got an equivalent defenceman in those deals as well to help.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Colin Smith and Lindberg were good pickups to keep the Marlies competitive while guys got called up to the Leafs. Maybe we should have got an equivalent defenceman in those deals as well to help.

We did, and I'd say he's even better! He's currently playing on the Leafs! :D

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Brown has been good since returning from injury, 2g + 2a this weekend. Would be nice to see get him a few games.

Yes. I hope he is the next forward called up. His season last year, his work ethic for the rehab & his performance since returning from his injury, he deserves the chance.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

How do you think our other prospects have been doing this season?
Do you like what you see from any of them?

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Brown has been good since returning from injury, 2g + 2a this weekend. Would be nice to see get him a few games.

I think they'll send a couple guys down before they use their 9 games and bring up Brown. I could see Nylander/Sosh staying on the Leafs until the end of the year but I think Kapanen might need some more AHL time next year.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
I think they'll send a couple guys down before they use their 9 games and bring up Brown. I could see Nylander/Sosh staying on the Leafs until the end of the year but I think Kapanen might need some more AHL time next year.

Kapanen and Leipsic were sent down earlier today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad