Prospect Info: Prospect Tournament

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
I can tell you guys Jooris is rooming with baertschi. They had good chemistry in development camp

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
What rule?

I always thought the draft was a numbers game and you never know how a player turns out.

Its a numbers game to a degree but its also a science, there is a reason the 1st overall pick usually pans out but most 7th round picks don't. Its not as much a roll of the dice as you are making it out to be.

By exception I mean that players drafted in the 4th round or later rarely become impact players in the NHL, Brodie beat the odds so to speak.

Trae

Calgary
Can anyone take a decent stab at what your lines will look like now? Much appreciated.

Well its a bummer that Klimchuk is injured, but I'd like to see:

Baertschi - Granlund - Jooris
Reinhart - Monahan - Poirier
Ferland - Knight - Hanowski
Gordan - Penner - Elson

Wotherspoon - Ramage
Sieloff - Culkin
Kanzig - Kulak

Brossoit
Ortio

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
:jets

Trouba - RHD - 1st 2012 - NHL ready, great world jrs, dominated and won awards at NCAA level
Scheifele - C - 1st 2011 - NHL ready, great world jrs, 41 pts in 21 playoff games, gained 18(!) lbs since the off season with gary roberts
Lowry - C - 3rd 2011 - WHL player of the year, turned it up when he switched to center part way through last year, son of Dave Lowry, huge kid
Kichton - RHD - 7th 2013 - 20 YO drafted this year and could be steal of the draft, leading WHL d-man in points, awesome on PP
Morrissey - LHD - 1st 2013 - excellent wheels and 5v5 offensive instincts
Petan - C - 2nd 2013 - Tied for CHL scoring title last year, on the small side, incredible hands
Lodge - RW - 3rd 2013 - Sleeper pick, really turned it up the last half of the regular season last year

Blomqvist, Dupuy, Theoret, Verrier, Bell, Stanton are all invites.

Trae

Calgary

Trouba - RHD - 1st 2012 - NHL ready, great world jrs, dominated and won awards at NCAA level
Scheifele - C - 1st 2011 - NHL ready, great world jrs, 41 pts in 21 playoff games, gained 18(!) lbs since the off season with gary roberts
Lowry - C - 3rd 2011 - WHL player of the year, turned it up when he switched to center part way through last year, son of Dave Lowry, huge kid
Kichton - RHD - 7th 2013 - 20 YO drafted this year and could be steal of the draft, leading WHL d-man in points, awesome on PP
Petan - C - 2nd 2013 - Tied for CHL scoring title last year, on the small side, incredible hands
Lodge - RW - 3rd 2013 - Sleeper pick, really turned it up the last half of the regular season last year

Bummed we won't play Winnipeg

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

A 20 year old dominates junior? That never happens :laugh:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
So Its tonight at 5:00pm, tomorrow at 8:30pm , then Sunday at 6:30pm

AfricanHerbsman

May 4, 2010
Well its a bummer that Klimchuk is injured, but I'd like to see:

Baertschi - Granlund - Jooris
Reinhart - Monahan - Poirier
Ferland - Knight - Hanowski
Gordan - Penner - Elson

Wotherspoon - Ramage
Sieloff - Culkin
Kanzig - Kulak

Brossoit
Ortio
What happened to Klimchuk!!!!

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I think it will be streamed on Flames.nhl.com

Here's the Oilers line-up:

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=680807&navid=DL|CGY|home

Here's the Oilers lines. One of the d-pairs will be sititng, don't know which, doubt it'll be that top pairing though. Update when the Flames post their lines, mkay? :)

Kessy - Miller - Roy
Fyten - Khaira - Chase
Houck - Ewanyk - Abney
Baddock - Schaber - Bilckie

Klefbom - Nurse
Betker - Marincin
Gernat - Musil

Bunz

Last edited:

Trae

Calgary
There's been like zero coverage of the Prospects thanks to BB hiring, hopefully they get to it soon.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Here's the Oilers lines. One of the d-pairs will be sititng, don't know which, doubt it'll be that top pairing though. Update when the Flames post their lines, mkay? :)

Roy - Miller - Kessy
Abney - Ewanyk - Houck
Baddock - Schaber - Bilckie
Khaira - Chase - Fyten

Nurse - Klefbom
Gernat - Musil
Davidson - Leach
Marincin - Betker

Bunz

Man that forward core looks a little rough. Defense and goaltending will have to win for you.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Here's what I caught from Stauffer as he was listing off the lineup tonight for the Flames. Theres some obvious spelling mistakes, my apologizes, I'm not super familiar with your prospects. Correct and fill it in for me?

XXXXX - Monahan - Porier
Baertschi - Knight - Koda
Ferland - Granlund - Hanowski
Jooris - Reinhart - Taranto

Kanzig - Wotherspoon
Culkin - Ramage
Sieloff - Kulak

Brossiot

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Here's what I caught from Stauffer as he was listing off the lineup tonight for the Flames. Theres some obvious spelling mistakes, my apologizes, I'm not super familiar with your prospects. Correct and fill it in for me?

XXXXX - Monahan - Porier

Kanzig - Wotherspoon
Culkin - Ramage
Sieloff - Kulak

Brossiot

Why would Baertschi not play on the first line?

Trae

Calgary

XXXXX - Monahan - Porier

Kanzig - Wotherspoon
Culkin - Ramage
Sieloff - Kulak

Brossiot

Elson is the XXXXX and "Koda" is actually Gordon

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Ok, Then this is the line-up: