Series Talk: Prospect Showcase, Sept 15th-17th (Wild YouTube)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wow, expected ROR to be a. better fighter.

The Walker line are certainly the stars of this team

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I’m loving just about everything about Lambos. To me, he’s been the best Dman on the team. Shouldn’t Walz know it’s Daemon, not Damian?

Would like to see Kumpulainen play with some decent players

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I’m loving just about everything about Lambos. To me, he’s been the best Dman on the team. Shouldn’t Walz know it’s Daemon, not Damian?

Would like to see Kumpulainen play with some decent players
Yeah, I have been impressed with Lambos in these games and I have been a bit skeptical of him in the past. Still progress to be made, but I can see potential there.

And Masters gets one to go from the point for a 6-4 lead.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, I have been impressed with Lambos in these games and I have been a bit skeptical of him in the past. Still progress to be made, but I can see potential there.

And Masters gets one to go from the point for a 6-4 lead.
I’ve been pretty skeptical about him, also, but he has looked solid, mobile, and vg with the puck. Decently strong and thick looking and has been making good decisions

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Good to see them play harder/better after the first period. Haight was amazing with the puck. Kumpalienen or whatever was again noticeable. Good puck protection, long reach - if he gets a step or two, might be something.

ROR, man, I liked him in juniors and even his limited role for Canada at WJC. Watched him a few times last year and expected him to stand out, at least defensively. He looked awful and then got his butt kicked.

Petrovsky made me eat crow shortly after naming him.

I didn't expect much offensively due to the KHL/SHL guys not being here, or even Bankier/Milne. Other than Walker, not a lot of experience up there. I did expect better defense from the young d guys, but maybe it's getting used to systems/D partner, etc.

All in all, glad hockey is back!

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Good to see them play harder/better after the first period. Haight was amazing with the puck. Kumpalienen or whatever was again noticeable. Good puck protection, long reach - if he gets a step or two, might be something.

ROR, man, I liked him in juniors and even his limited role for Canada at WJC. Watched him a few times last year and expected him to stand out, at least defensively. He looked awful and then got his butt kicked.

Petrovsky made me eat crow shortly after naming him.

I didn't expect much offensively due to the KHL/SHL guys not being here, or even Bankier/Milne. Other than Walker, not a lot of experience up there. I did expect better defense from the young d guys, but maybe it's getting used to systems/D partner, etc.

All in all, glad hockey is back!
I will say that ROR made a great defensive play on a 2 on 1, and was no worse than any of the other Dmen defensively, but yeah, I expected more from him, and Hunt, in this tournament. Tough to play when D when you have a hodge podge of players in front of you, like you said. There was some truly bad D zone work by some of the forwards, and they seemed to lose a lot of one on one battles. They really could've used Milne. Don't know why Beckman wasn't there.

I'm with you on Kumpulainen. Surprisingly good with the puck, and seems to make good decisions. Once (if?) he fills out and gets some experience he might be a nice middle six C.

We'll see how this year turns out for him, Lambos, and Hunt. I think Spacek is a tad behind those three, even though he has a nice shot and some offensive instincts.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I will say that ROR made a great defensive play on a 2 on 1, and was no worse than any of the other Dmen defensively, but yeah, I expected more from him, and Hunt, in this tournament. Tough to play when D when you have a hodge podge of players in front of you, like you said. There was some truly bad D zone work by some of the forwards, and they seemed to lose a lot of one on one battles. They really could've used Milne. Don't know why Beckman wasn't there.

I'm with you on Kumpulainen. Surprisingly good with the puck, and seems to make good decisions. Once (if?) he fills out and gets some experience he might be a nice middle six C.

We'll see how this year turns out for him, Lambos, and Hunt. I think Spacek is a tad behind those three, even though he has a nice shot and some offensive instincts.
I must have missed that shift. Maybe too high of expectations on my end since I really liked him in juniors. I keep hearing/reading that they told him he has to figure out what player he is going to be...so maybe he's just thinking too much.

I think Spacek is better in his own zone than Lambos, and hes a righty, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him after Hunt.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Some guys I noticed or was looking out for specifically...

Kumpulainen: I felt like he has some decent skill, playmaking, and is obviously a big guy. His skating was just ok, and I felt like he was a little slow in his decision making early on, and it led to some turnovers. That seemed to improve after his first few shifts.

Haight: He was the reason Walker was scoring.

Novak: For a guy I was looking for, I didn't notice him at all. Not too surprising given that he was a bit of a longshot even before he missed the entirety of last year with Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Lambos: Impressed me with his skating and his ability to get his point shot through consistently. I felt like he was pretty decent defensively.

Dornbach: He was noticeable, and had some decent offense, but is also already 26 years old. He probably won't improve much over what he is right now.

Cajkovic: Seems to have a good motor and gets involved in the play a lot. For the amount of touches he gets, he doesn't get many offensive results, but if he keeps developing he could make a good bottom-6 player who has a little offense and disrupts play regularly. Never looks happy.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I hope that they keep that invitee Roman Kukumberg in mind, undrafted '05 born the same month as Heidt. Showed actual defensive instincts that could eventually be effective in a depth role IMO, and looked quite poised and smooth, though his shifts were limited. He just stood out to me in a positive way, knowing nothing about him prior.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Can anyone tell me about training camp that starts on Thursday. Is it open to the public, can I go watch? Where do you get tickets?

Sorry, I know it is a bit off topic, but I figured this would be the most reasonable thread.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Dont know if this is the right place, but how is Wallstedt doing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad